LloydsTSB down Natwest next

Badgerboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I successfully went through the process and LloydsTSB settled just before the court date, the whole process did take about 7 months. is it any quicker with Natwest or do they dig their heels in as well. I am claiming on behalf of my wife now.

Also now we have her statements can someone let me kow which is the best address to send the preliminary letter to as there are several listed in the forum.

Regards

Badgerboy

Successfully beat LloydsTSB for £900 and Abbey National for £650, now taking on Barclays for my wife which is roughly £700.

Hello Badgerboy and well done on successfully hitting Lloyds where it hurts:D

Natwest appears to fold slightly quicker depending on the amount your claiming for. The higher the amount the more they dig their heels in, unfortunately, but I haven't heard of anyone having to go all the way to court.

The Boreham wood address is where you initially send your prelim and LBA letters. You'll probably receive the standard BOG-OFF responses from the infamous Stuart Higley of Customer Relations, who'll direct you to fwd any court action to their registered address in Bishopsgate, London.

Anyways, good luck with it all, and keep us posted.

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Right Borehamwood it is then, I will keep you posted on the progress. Thanks for the advice and the words of support.

Successfully beat LloydsTSB for £900 and Abbey National for £650, now taking on Barclays for my wife which is roughly £700.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I sent the pre liminary letter on the 6th January asking for £673.51 in charges and interest. They responded today offering £599 which was the amount of the charges less the interest. I am going to say I will accept it as part payment but will be pursuing the rest of the money, is there a standard letter for this. They state it is a full and final settlement. It doesn't specifically state there are other conditions of acceptance but it does say "Any charges that properly accrue in the future will be applied to your account in line with the published tariff and in accordance with your agreement with the bank".

Sorry forgot to mention this is on behalf of my wife Toni. I say this because they sent the response back to a Mr Toni ????. If they can't even get the sex of their customers right what can they get right.

Back to my point anyway, is there a standard response or do I just go to letter before action but amend slightly saying I will accept as part payment blah blah blah.

Any advice appreciated

£673.51 in charges and interest.

Is the £74.51, overdraft interest due to your charges or is it s69 8% interest?

If the latter, you cannot claim this prior to filing a claim, so they have in effect offered full settlement and you are obliged to accept, but unconditionally:

Date

Dear Whoever

Ref: Your Offer of Settlement

Account: xxxxxxxx

Sort Code xx-xx-xx

I acknowledge receipt of your letter date xx/xx/xx and your settlement offer of £XXX

I accept your offer as full and final settlement only for this claim of bank charges made on my account between xx/xx/xx and xx/xx/xx(dates of first and last charge)

I accept this offer without prejudice and I reserve the right to make any further claims should you apply future charges that may be considered unlawful under common law or in violation of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 or Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

I will be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim.

I am also not prepared to agree to any confidentially clauses you try to impose, unless of course your client wishes to make an offer of due consideration in addition to the amount of £xxxxx, in order to be afforded this privilege by myself.

I trust that you will find this arrangement acceptable.

Yours Sincerely

I filled out the excel spreadsheet called interest and entered the dates of each charge so I guess this is the overdraft interest. Or is this the 8%, I am confused.

I did use that one, so I had better take the money and run then. Can I just confirm if I had wanted to claim overdraft interest would I filled out the one below which I have put THIS ONE HERE below??

Bank Accounts

England - Simple - Excel

England - Simple - Works

England - Simple - OpenOffice

England - Advanced - Excel - THIS ONE HERE

England - Advanced - Work