1 letter, 1 phone call = £400

AdyBee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My girlfriend sent one standard letter to LloydsTSB regarding the charges they have made to her accounts in the last 6 years.

They sent one letter back refusing.

My girlfriend phoned them insisting that they send her the statments from the 6 year period on two accounts.

1 week later, they have offered her £400 in settlement for one of the accounts, with no mention of the second account. This money will be transferred into her account tomorrow. We have still not seen any bank statments, even though the bank employee said they would be in the post.

We have called the bank asking for the statments from BOTH accounts. We were told we would need to open up a new claim for the second account, even though this request was in the first letter we sent.

It seems odd to me, that the bank would just offer £400 without any statments being sent to us. For all I know, the total amount could be thousands.

Very very weird. Send off a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and wait 40 days, after that, if they still haven't provided you with statments report them to the information commisioner!

Indeed, you need to send off a SAR which will give them no choice but to furnish you with the statements. in the mean time I would only accept any payment on a provisional basis, ie that if you find you are owed more you will claim for it.

Even then i would be wary of accepting it as you may be doing yourself out of a fair bit of interest depending on the amounts and dates in question.

If it were me I would refuse everything until I had my statements, but that's your call.

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

Mindzai's Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Joint Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Spreadsheet for compound contractual interest and statutory (s69) interest:

Download v1.9 [Tested with Excel 97-2007 and OpenOffice 2]

PLEASE NOTE: You should fully research contractual interest before you use that functionality of this spreadsheet. If in any doubt please use it to calculate 8% interest under s69 County Courts Act 1984.