can i dispute a ccj

sandrock
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have been paying for a CCJ from Howard Cohen & Co payable to the lewis group on behalf of CL Finance Ltd (FORMALLY KWIK FIT CARD)!! :confused:

Agreed an amount of 10.00 per month through the court papers, balance at the time of the CCJ was 1000.00

Now through reading all the different threads etc I have looked further into the original debt which was only 389.00

now where can I go from here do I send a SAR to CL Finance or apply to the court ? could do with some help here.

If CL Finance was where your card was originally from - yes send your SAR there - may be worthwhile asking for the Credit Card Agreement too (costs a pound).

By getting the SAR info from the original lenders you should be able to see exactly what charges were made on your account prior to the default/ccj - Odds are there may have been charges for late payments/over limit fees etc..

It might be an idea to send SAR/CCA to the DCA company if one was involved (did they have the correct data to actually process the debt?)

I am hoping someone else comes along with a little more experience than me to help you - this is just what I would do to begin with - I am thinking you'll be able to see where any charges came from?

With so many companies involved, it may be necessary to sar all of them to

get to the bottom of who charged what, and whether they were justified in

making any charges at all. Before you do that you need to find out who actually owns the debt so that you can send tham a CCA request for the original agreement.

Without it, the debt is unenforceable, and with so many companies involved it may be difficult to locate. Read Barracads "Sticky" on template letters on the first page of the Debtors and Bailiffs page relating to the CCA request and take it from there.

thanks,

so basically I send out a SAR to all involved then, once I have all the info I can then apply to the Court for a reduction or an amendment to the balance using a N244 (or something simliar) ?

I have a similar ccj with all the same companies involved but through a Dorothy Perkins Store Card, Im Gonna be busy!! wish I had found this site before the ccj 's

If you have several accounts with the same company your SAR will cover more than one account - you just need to write the different account numbers on your SAR - so you'd still pay just 10 pounds - the SAR is asking for all the data the company you send it to has about your account/accounts

You need to spend time gather as much information as you can to see where these charges were applied etc.. - then you can plan your route to getting it back etc..

Good luck!!

Looking further into this CCJ, whilst waiting for any reply...... can I write to the court requesting for all documents relating to this CCJ, i have a copy from Howard Cohen of the case file (one page) but there has been a quarter of the page cut out.

if so can it be done online?

• 1 month later...

UPDATE...

recieved letter from cl finance after me sending out request for reclaim of charges with interest, they have agreed the full amount and interest!!!!!!!

come on!!!!!!!!!! yesssssssssss!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thankyou everyone!!