Allocation questionaire help (sorry for the length)

redkat74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am new to this and have recently started the claim against Barclays for my charges. I sent the letter to receive my statments which arrived with the £10 cheque returned within about a week. I then calculated my charges and sent of the first letter asking for my money. I have recieved a reply which says 'we are sorry you are dissatisfied with barclays level of service and will contact you before the 30th nov to discuss the matter.'

Do i still send off the LBC as they have now extended to 14 day deadline, is this a standard letter or should i wait until the end of the month for what they will do and then if that is not satisfactory send of the LBC?

Help needed

Esther

That's a standard letter, all the advice I have read states to stick rigidly to your deadlines. Barclays hope you will go away quietly if they just ignore you.

Worth a try :p

Requested statements 01/09/2006, received 07/09/2006, prelim sent 08/09/2006, standard response received 13/09/2006, LBA sent 25/09/2006, returned & re-delivered by hand 05/10/2006, MCOL 31/10/2006

That's a standard letter, all the advice I have read states to stick rigidly to your deadlines. Barclays hope you will go away quietly if they just ignore you.

Edit - Sorry, posting seems very slow today...

Worth a try :p

Requested statements 01/09/2006, received 07/09/2006, prelim sent 08/09/2006, standard response received 13/09/2006, LBA sent 25/09/2006, returned & re-delivered by hand 05/10/2006, MCOL 31/10/2006

Hi I am new to this and have recently started the claim against Barclays for my charges. I sent the letter to receive my statments which arrived with the £10 cheque returned within about a week. I then calculated my charges and sent of the first letter asking for my money. I have recieved a reply which says 'we are sorry you are dissatisfied with barclays level of service and will contact you before the 30th nov to discuss the matter.'

Do i still send off the LBC as they have now extended to 14 day deadline, is this a standard letter or should i wait until the end of the month for what they will do and then if that is not satisfactory send of the LBC?

Help needed

Esther

Hi whats a LBC? ;)

Ok send your LBA do not wait for them they are only trying to stall to see if you will give up. Continue on your timeline.

Hi Livelylad

ha i think i meant LBA was think along the lines of letter before claim. THanks for your advice i am sending my second letter today.

Just wondered if you can help with this, As I am now 561 pounds over my overdraft of £3000 due in the most part to the charge levied against me by the bank. I dont not feel inclined to pay any money into this account until this dispute is resolved at the amount i am claiming will take me back in to my overdraft and therefore stop the charges, Do the bank have any right while this claim is in process to demand payment in full?

hope you can help

Cheers Esther

Hi Livelylad

ha i think i meant LBA was think along the lines of letter before claim. THanks for your advice i am sending my second letter today.

Just wondered if you can help with this, As I am now 561 pounds over my overdraft of £3000 due in the most part to the charge levied against me by the bank. I dont not feel inclined to pay any money into this account until this dispute is resolved at the amount i am claiming will take me back in to my overdraft and therefore stop the charges, Do the bank have any right while this claim is in process to demand payment in full?

hope you can help

Cheers Esther

The bank can ask you to repay your overdraft in full, they usually give you an amount of time to repay the money. (30 days )

You can also wite to the bank and tell them you consider the account to be in dispute regarding the charges they have levied against you and not to levy anymore charges on the account. This may help.

Hello

I have just received my reply offering a partial payment settlement of £380 when i am actually claiming about £1150 this seems quite low after looking at what others have said about what they were offered.

I am a bit concerned that i have not calculated the interest correctly in my original schedule of charges, not sure what to do about this now. I have had a look at the spread sheets but not quite sure i have used them correctly.

just want to check the next step, do I reply refusing this a full and final but accept as part payment and advise them i am continuing to pursue them for the full amount?

Also do i now need to get a court pack ready and register this claim with the courts?

hoping for help

:-|:-?:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have just phoned the bank as the 14days expired yesterday, to see if they were willing to settle for the full amount before i filed a claim but suprise suprise they said no they would not settle for the full amount. So i now need to file with the cournt but i am unsure of the proceedure and i have read through some other treads and the info but i want to be totally clear on what to do so i dont get it wrong.

Do i fill in the N! form and then go to the moneyclaims website and file my claim on there? can anyone help as i am a bit scared now.

Cheers:confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Today is the day by which barclays were suppose to file a defense with the court, I have checked MCOL and under judgement it says start, then in this link there are two options, one is judgement by default and the other is judgement by addmission. I am not aware that barclays have but in a defense and therefore I should tick No. 1?

I also had a very interesting call from there debt recovery department, the guy on the phone said he found it astounding that people go over drawn and then claim the money back from being charged. I did tell him i had explained my position to a number of people at barclays but he said it was still my responsibility and therefore i had to pay them back regardless of what start my account was in. Talking nonsense as ususal so i finished the call as i had no more to say to him.

any way can someone help me cheers.

Hi Chesterb

I know they were very rude to me, i also had a very similar conversation with the Retails banking customer relations manager when i phoned up to ask why they were still applying charges to my account even though it was in dispute and currently going through the court. The manager bloke said that they would still be applied and when asked why he said 'because that my decision' rude uncooperative and in the case of the debt recovery team aggressive. i really have had it with barclays.

just checked and they have until midnight today to defend, so thanks for your help will let you know how it continues. :)

Oh dear I thought they normally forgot, what happens now has anyone been here recently? It says on the MCOL website that they now have a further 14 days to reply to the claim. Do i have to do anything with regards to sending info to the courts?

help please i am a bit worried as the bank are phoning me about 3 times a day and i have very troublesome phone calls with them when i answer. I hve this horrible feeling they will want to take it through to the end.

worryingly :confused:

Harassment by telephone - response letter

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

NAME HERE

This should do the trick, but, if it doesn't, keep your cool and report them to the Office of Fair Trading and your local trading standards office. There is now a specific complaint form which you can download from the Internet to make an official complaint and you can obtain it here:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/nr/rdonlyres/b3999175-a9bc-469d-ad5b-ba284de36e01/0/complaint.doc

PLEASE USE IT

Remember, keep your cool at all times, don't be intimidated by a piece of plastic, if you don't like what you're listening to, put the phone down - and remember the most important thing of all is to put and get things in writing at all times.

Additionally, complain to OFCOM -http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/

The Communications Act 2003 can be found here

Communications Act 2003

Hi perhaps you could try this letter.Or you could inform them next time they ring that you are recording the conversation. Try not to worry i doubt Barclays will take you to court and you will get your money.

Hope this helps.

Regards Sandbag

don't worry it all sounds perfectly normal.

what date did you file your MCOL?.

from that date they are given 5 days for it to be issued,then a further 14 days for it to be acknowledged.(it sounds as if they have done that).

they now have 14 days to file a defence,in the meantime you should recieve an Allocation Questionnaire from your local County Court.

i hope that's right anyway.

nowt to worry about.

Redkat this is normal, the banks especially Barclays leave everything to the very last minute. Don't worry they won't take it to court

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I wonder if anyone has had a similar situation as myself with barclays. I started a claim as they charged me for going over drawn and then refused to help. I am still over drawn as they still apply charges to my aco**** even though it is in dispute. I have used my right of appropriation for standing orders and direct debits, which i sent in on the 15th of December (first payment was not due until about the 25th of the month). I have been receiving phone calls from collections team about 3 times a day every day for the last 2 weeks. I wrote to complain and said that i would require all corespondance to happen by letter, they wrote back and said that they would continue to phone as it is their right and I am now getting letters as well. Then today got a letter dated 28th saying all standing orders and direct debits were to be cancelled with immediate effect, but the payments went out on the 27th then were returned and they charged me £80 unpaid DD charges for their cancellation!! I have since got that money refunded and logged a complaint.

Can some one help me with the First Right of Appropriation, does it apply regardless of what state your account is in? I paid in £395 to cover my bills and sent the letter long before payments were due but they have just taken that off me and I cannot afford to cover this payment again. In doing this they have invalidated my car insurance and gave me no prior warning this was going to happen. I was prepared to use them again but after this i will end my relationship with this banking establishment. Also mentioned i would pursue this through the FSA if it was not satisfactorily resolved in house. aarrrgghhh why can they not be resonable!!:x

Hi,

Not 100% on this but these are some notes taken from library:

There is a process called the "Right of Appropriation" - this allows you to assign funds entering your account to specific events and needs.

Some banks do not understand this process since it is not very often used. You might need to explain it when handing in the letter.

Also, whilst we can try this, there are 2 possible problems;

1) Ideally, you should give the bank 7 days notice. If they are aware, they could disregard the request.

2) They may just disregard it anyway and swallow up the money. You would then have to complain and involve the banking Ombudsman etc and, eventually, get it resolved. This could take a few weeks and would not solve the immediate problem.

Hope this helps

Tanz

Hi Tanz

Thanks for the response, I received a letter from them today saying that my request for 'first right of appropriation' will not be accepted due to my unsatisfactory overdraft, I am about 200 pounds over my limit at this time and it is all charges applied by the bank. Can they do this? They also say that they will take the deposited money as payment towards the outstanding amount.

Where do i go from here and can anyone help me with what my rights actually are?

cheers and a happy new year to everyone. :)

Hi Tanz

Thanks for the response, I received a letter from them today saying that my request for 'first right of appropriation' will not be accepted due to my unsatisfactory overdraft, I am about 200 pounds over my limit at this time and it is all charges applied by the bank. Can they do this? They also say that they will take the deposited money as payment towards the outstanding amount.

Where do i go from here and can anyone help me with what my rights actually are?

cheers and a happy new year to everyone. :)

Hi,

In answer to your question, can they do this, i would say no. however I am not 100%. It might mean you have to file a complaint with the relevant body. I advise you to send a personal message to one of the Moderaters ASAP and ask them for their advice. You could also ring the bank direct and ask to speak to the manager. I would say if your account is in dispute they should not be able to do this, but it has been discussed on the forum that often Bank staff don't know what Right of Appropriation actually means.

Sorry I could not be anymore help.

Tanz

Hi all

have received my allocation questionaire today which is fine, but i have just read BB defence slightly worried now.

The reason this all start is becuase i went over my overdraft by about 100quid, was charged 90quid for it, so when my wages went in the following month i was 200quid down, went back into my over draft charged again and so on. It got to the point i stopped using the account as i was paying all my wages into charges. I did contact the bank for an increase in overdraft or loan but was told not to bother (exact words) as credit rating was too low. So i stopped using them but did not repay my overdraft to within it limit as i felt that it would only be charges i would be paying back.

In their defence they state that

as in the claimants case that the failure to make necessary payments and / or failure to remain within an authorised overdraft limits, failure to arrange an authorise overdraft constituted a breach of terms applying to the account and that contractual entitlement to debit charges from the claimants acount constitutes a liquidated damage clause.

The charges constitutes payments the claimant agreed to make by reason of the terms and conditions of her account and were considerable for the defendant advancing credit to the claimant, which the defendant was under no obligation to advance. the defendant was entitled to impose such charges and interest when the claimant inccured the overdraft.

then it says

If and to the extent the claimant incurred charges on his/her account, this was caused by the claimant having gone into overdraft without having agreed with the defendant an authorised overdraft facility or to increase the overdraft facility, and his/her failure to bring the balance of the account back into credit.

lastly

if the charges and interest are unlawful or unenforcable with out predjudice to para 7(stating that they are not unlawful), the defendant has nonetheless suffered loss and damage as a consequence of the clainant's breach of contract in allowing the account to go into unauthorised overdraft . Accordingly, in the event that the defendant is unable to rely on its expressed entitlement to enforce the charges, it will seek to recover to the extent nessessary such loss and damage as it actually suffered, which will not nessecarily be limited to the value of said charges, and the defendant seeks to set off such sums against any liability owed hereunder to the claimant.

any help on what this all means appreciated, have they admitted liability or not and how much loss and damage can they of suffered as a result of my unauth o/d? help please vey worried:(

Ive hosted a copy of my AQ and its in my thread here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/30450-fullyskinted-barclays-2.html

Have a look/read. Tell me what you think :)

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|