• Tweets

• I have received a PCN from Euro Car Parks for MFG - Esso Cobham - Gravesend. I was completely unaware that there was any such limit for parking and always considered this to be a service station. I stopped there to use the toilet, have a coffee and made a couple of work calls. I have read the previous topics on this location which suggest I can ignore this and ECP will not take legal action. The one possible complication is that the vehicle is leased by my employer so I do not want to involve them with the associated reminders and threatening letters. The PCN was first issued to the leasing company Arval who have notified ECP of the hiring company. I have attached a copy of the PCN Notice to Hirer with details removed as per instructions. What options do I have or should I just pay the PCN promptly at the reduced rate of £60? img20240424_23142631.pdf
    • What you have uploaded is a letter with daft empty threats from third-party paper tigers.  Just ignore it. What we need to see is the original invoice you received last October or November.
    • Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

asna97 v Lloyds

asna97
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

having problems sent the first letter by recorded delivery on the 15th nov nothing back so rang they said get in touch with my nearest branch so i wrote another letter asking for statments of list of charges and took it down by hand ,they said they would forward it on to the right department that was on the 22nd novit has been 3 weeks now had a phone call from my branch in corsham from the maneger saying thy have lost the letter and could i write another one and they would send it of with priority on it WHOT SHOULD I DO HELP ? does anyone know where you send the letter asking for your statments

Yes, I'd say they are messing you around.

If you hand in by hand, get a reciept. If they've lost it, ask for that in writing. Remember, you're building a case here with the view of going to court, so you must document everything. If Lloyds are losing stuff, and messing you around, then you want to record this and present it when (if - probably never get there - you go to court)

SAR goes to (and send it recorded!)

LloydsTSB

Data Subject Access Request

Drop Zone C49

Charlton Place

Andover

Hampshire

SP10 1RE

Send it here, they log it, and forward it to the "Copy Statements" dept in Birmingham.

Send it in, recorded, give it 2 weeks, then phone 0845 070 3124 and get confirmation they've recieved it and forwarded it on.

one week later, call birmingham on 0121 633 5476 and chase it up.

Stick with it. lloyds apparently play hardball. (they've not responded only once to me since I started, and I'm filing in court next monday!

Hope this helps

Steve.

Lloyds

19-10-06- S.A.R Letter

Prelim 20-11-06 £10,492

LBA - 2/12/06

Cap 1

19-10-06 - S.A.R Letter

Prelim 20-11-06 £1,467

LBA 2/12/06

WON-Settled in Full

AMEX

19-10-06 -S.A.R Letter.

Prelim - 20-11-06 £697

LBA - 2/12/06

Morgan Stanley

19-10-06 - S.A.R Letter

Prelm 20-11-06 £1580

23-11-06. £1076 offered.

4-12-06 - LBA

Won-£1580 14-12-06

MBNA

19-10-06 - S.A.R Letter

20-11-06 Prelim

WON-£4010

• 2 weeks later...

hi here is my story so far wrote 1st letter on the 15th nov recorded no responce rang bank said to send another letter to my nearest branch so i took one in by hand on the 22nd nov still nothing back , so went down said they have not recieved my letters said so one has got them i sent them recorded apoligised gave them another letter to send this time it must of got to the right person recieved list of charged on the 14/12/06 . Threen hours it took me to work out all of them for my own account and a joint one in total they owe me and by o/h £ 6547 and with intrest £6989 sent 2nd letter on the same day the 14th asking for my money hopefully get a responce before xmas will let you know +++++++:evil:

hi here is my story so far wrote 1st letter on the 15th nov recorded no responce rang bank said to send another letter to my nearest branch so i took one in by hand on the 22nd nov still nothing back , so went down said they have not recieved my letters said so one has got them i sent them recorded apoligised gave them another letter to send this time it must of got to the right person recieved list of charged on the 14/12/06 . Threen hours it took me to work out all of them for my own account and a joint one in total they owe me and by o/h £ 6547 and with intrest £6989 sent 2nd letter on the same day the 14th asking for my money hopefully get a responce before xmas will let you know +++++++:evil:

Best of luck. Use the time now to read up on the process so you are fully aware of what to do.

Threads merged - please stick to one thread

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Just to ask...when you say £6989 with interest do you mean the 8% interest you are able to add at a leter stage of the process or the interest they have charged you on your account?? x x

11/08/06 Data info requested

03/10/06 Statement copies received

11/10/06 Letter sent asking for charges to be refunded

19/10/06 Standard no received

21/10/06 Amended letter sent asking for charges to be refunded

27/10/06 Standard no received

04/11/06 LBA sent

18/11/06 MCOL filed

20/11/06 Claim issued

30/11/06 Claim acknowledged

11/12/06 Defence entered

14/11/06 AQ + defence received

17/12/2006 AQ returned

19/12/2006 Copy of their AQ received

04/01/07 Claim stayed - inadequate POC

08/01/07 POC sent

16/01/07 Claim stayed awaiting another test case

23/03/07 allocation hearing set for 17th April

ok just checking as i did it wrong the 1st time and checking u hadnt done the same thing!!

11/08/06 Data info requested

03/10/06 Statement copies received

11/10/06 Letter sent asking for charges to be refunded

19/10/06 Standard no received

21/10/06 Amended letter sent asking for charges to be refunded

27/10/06 Standard no received

04/11/06 LBA sent

18/11/06 MCOL filed

20/11/06 Claim issued

30/11/06 Claim acknowledged

11/12/06 Defence entered

14/11/06 AQ + defence received

17/12/2006 AQ returned

19/12/2006 Copy of their AQ received

04/01/07 Claim stayed - inadequate POC

08/01/07 POC sent

16/01/07 Claim stayed awaiting another test case

23/03/07 allocation hearing set for 17th April

hi i was just wondering if i have done this right i have sent my 1st letter asking for my money £6843 to my local branch is this right or do i have to send it to head office , and where do i send my next letters any help would be great

hi lloyds tsb have untill the 28th dec to get back to me from my 1st letter asking for my money i am just getting prepared so i read through the template letter for the LBA AND I SAYS TO GIVE THE COURT NAME BUT I DONT KNOW WHICH ONE THEYWILL USE WHAT SHOULD I DO HELP PLEASE:-?

Just put County Court assuming you live in England or Wales.

Bicester1

Please note I am not a Lawyer.

Bicester1

MBNA WON £623

:)

GM Card Won £580

Nat West CC Won £525.08

Nat West Bank Won £2346.60:)

Lloyds PPI LBA

Barclaycard defence received. Trial date 30th July. Barclays missed deadline for servicing and filing of their bundle! Going to try for strikeout or summary disposal

HBOS about to issue N1

LLoys Bank LBA

I am not a lawyer. Get trained professional advice if unsure of your legal position. If my advice is helpful please tip my scales!

Guest ian cognito

It isn't which one they eill use, but which one you will use, you are taking them to court!!!

WHile you are waiting for them to respond, or for your 14 days to pass, have another read through the FAQ's and the Lloyds TSB forums to make yourself fully aware of the process.

Good luck

hi eveyone hope you all had a nice xmas? Well time was up today for lloyds to replie to my 1st letter asking for MY MONEY SO SENT LBA recorded of course 7 days and counting for £6984 keep you all posted amy ++++ hope to hear soon

7days? you mean 14days? You have to allow 14days for them to reply. If you have posted more history on this claim somewhere else on this site can you please stick to that thread so we can see your progress and that way we can help you better.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

If you used the LBA from this site, then the period is 14 days from when they recieved it.

Halifax - Credit Card: 14/11/06 sent S.A.R, 29/12/06 sent Prelim, 11/01/07 1st bog-off received, 15/01/07 LBA sent, 01/02/2007 MCOL started for £1801 (inc court costs and 8% int.), 02/02/2007 MCOL cancelled... , 09/06/2007 Court claim started, 01/06/2007 Claim Acknowledged, 07/06/2007 Claim concluded, £1540 to be reimbursed into CC account.

GE Capital Bank Ltd - Storecards (3): 11/06/07 sent S.A.R, 15/06/07 Acknowledgement of S.A.R received

GE Capital Bank Ltd - Wife's Storecards (2): not started yet...

Nationwide - Current A/C: not started yet...

Lloyds TSB Bank Ltd - Current A/C: not started yet...

Lloyds TSB Bank Ltd - Business A/C: not started yet...

and the rest I haven't remembered so far... : not started yet...

The LBA is the letter you send giving them 14 days to repay you otherwise you will begin court action.

Here is the Preliminary Letter and here is the LBA. Both of them give the banks a 14 day deadline to respond.

Good luck. Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hi lucid i am a bit confused can i just run through this with you to let you know what i have done on the 21/11/2006 sent letter asking for list of charges recieved them on the 14/12/2006 worked it all out the same day and sent letter asking for my money, got nothing back on the 14th day so sent the next letter threating to take them to court . the 29/12/2006 got a letter of lloyds saying they are sorry blah blah blah they have 7 days to respond is this right amy:confused:

Hi Amy,

Right so your prelim 14 day deadline was yesterday and you've sent the LBA. So it sounds as though the letter you got today is their standard response where they try to give themselves extra time to properly respond. This is just a standard fob off though and you just need to ignore it. You've sent your LBA in which youv'e given them 14 days to repay your money, otherwise you'll begin court action. Stick to your deadline - not theirs. Once the 14 days is up you can then begin court action.

Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hi just started mcol and have a question does anyone know the address i put down for the defendant is it my local branch or the head office one if it is the head office one could i have the address pleasr