• Tweets

• 1 Date of the infringement 31 March 2024   2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 8 April 2024   [scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] please LEAVE IN LOCATION AND ALL DATES/TIMES/£'s   3 Date received 15 April 2024   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Y   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Y   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Y   Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Y   7 Who is the parking company? Horizon   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Iceland Chester   For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. Horizon parking Horizon Iceland Chester.pdf
    • Part of a settlement agreement.   concerbs over her nane online we’re raised and I was blamed for bad mouthing. I explained I put nothing up myself.  cannot discuss details of the case as per agreement.  
    • The sticky thread is locked because it's just a template thread. We need to see the invoice you're disputing. And for you to answer the questions below (I'm guessing this is an ANPR capture, the vast majority of tickets are) -   For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture] (must be received within 14 days from the Incident)   Please answer the following questions.   1 Date of the infringement Give answer here   2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] Give answer here   [scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] please LEAVE IN LOCATION AND ALL DATES/TIMES/£'s   3 Date received Give answer here   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Give answer here   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Give answer here   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Give answer here   Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Give answer here   7 Who is the parking company? Give answer here   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Give answer here   For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. Give answer here   There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, please check HERE   If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here   Copy the windscreen or ANPR section to your thread and answer the questions... …….... In either case scan up both sides of any letters/tickets in or appeals made out to ONE MULTIPAGE PDF ONLY
    • Perfect, thanks Dave.   You're right, a whole dodo storm this has been. As sons of first-generation immigrant parents, whenever something like this happens the old man panics. There was a whole "appeal this now" because my dad paid for the parking as he was with the hirer at the time and he isn't as tech-savvy as my brother so he ended up doing what he did and because I don't live there anymore it came all the way down to this.  But yes, we'll do this SAR and see what comes of it.  Will keep posting here with the hopes that it may benefit someone in the future.  Thanks again, everyone. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help currys have lost our agreement

ozzie009
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to every one who reads my post , I could do with a bit of advice with alittle problem i have.Thanks in advance to any replies.

My partner and I went to currys to get a plasma tv . we choose one and decided to have it on interset free . The sales guys had real problems sorting the agreement .Printer wouldnt work then computer didnt work youname it, it went wrong. Eventually they got the printer to work and they gave us copy to them to sign and keep . Everything was sorted after about an hour and went away happy with the tv

3 copies of the agreement was printed and signed.

6 weeks pass and no payment taken from our bank account so i say to the wife dont worry they will take it . Very next day we get a letter from DSG Retail Ltd .

our finnance company hasnt recived your signed orginal argeement and are unable to process your credit application .

they go on to say we have 3 opitions .

Provide us with a clear copy of the agreemnet held buy you

Pay at the shop .

Or contact us on the above number to discuss further opitions .

At the bottom of the letter they treaten further action to secure payment

What should i do .

Do you still have your copy of the agreement?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Well unless I'm missing something I would suggest the easiest thing to do would be to send them a copy of the agreement.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Yeh your proberly right but im so ****ed of with all the messing about and the tv makes to much of buzzing noise Could i not just take the tv back

Another thing that worries me is that all my details have been taken and bank details etc have been lost

along with 2 signed copies how can the loose them isnt that there money so to speak

my signature is the most worrying thing

If the TV is faulty then yes you should take it back - but that is a seperate issue to the missing credit agreement!

I do think your right when your saying but the letter is refering to money I owe them.

Now i would of thought there first responsiblity was to inform me that ID and bank details had gone been lost

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I actually work for Currys (Sorry!). I think I know what has happend. When a customer has been accepted the system (eclipse) prints out 3 sheets for you and one of the store managers to sign. One for you, One for the store and One they send of to HFC. I would think that the one that was sent to HFC got lost some how. (Probably incompertance). Now under eclipse they have a system in store called reporting. This can bring up all details of your receipt and your payment method. What I would do is to pop into the branch you bought it and ask for a copy. Photocopy it and then send it to HFC and Curry's customer service address which is on one of the red leaflets we give out (If you ask them for the red receipt leaflet they should know what you mean). Hopefully someone will own up to their responsablity and they will redo the credit for you.

As for the TV making the buzzing sound. I'll be honest with you if its under 21 days old and you can prove that it is fault instore then they will accept it back and get you another one or refund the credit. But if its over 21 days old then their will be absorlutly no point in bring it back into store as they will have to send an engineer out to your house to look at it. If you were to try to bring it back and demand a refund/exchange they will not do it. This is because like you Curry's unfortunatly have rights and one of those rights is to repair items within an acceptable time frame which I believe is 28 days. Also because this is a TV and not classed as an essential item under law their will be no point in demanding a tempary TV. If they haven't completed repairs or are waiting for parts and the time frame elapses then you can going to your local branch or phone the helpline numbers up and get something called an uplift no. This no. is permission from the manufacture to exchange your TV. + Just for your knowledge if they do repair the TV they have up to 3 times to come out for the same fault before they will exchange it.

I know this is a lot of information but although I work for Curry all this information is inparsial and correct to the best of my knowledge.

Hope it helps :-)

Hiki, I actually work for Currys (Sorry!). I think I know what has happend. When a customer has been accepted the system (eclipse) prints out 3 sheets for you and one of the store managers to sign. One for you, One for the store and One they send of to HFC. I would think that the one that was sent to HFC got lost some how. (Probably incompertance). Now under eclipse they have a system in store called reporting. This can bring up all details of your receipt and your payment method. What I would do is to pop into the branch you bought it and ask for a copy. Photocopy it and then send it to HFC and Curry's customer service address which is on one of the red leaflets we give out (If you ask them for the red receipt leaflet they should know what you mean). Hopefully someone will own up to their responsablity and they will redo the credit for you.

As for the TV making the buzzing sound. I'll be honest with you if its under 21 days old and you can prove that it is fault instore then they will accept it back and get you another one or refund the credit. But if its over 21 days old then their will be absorlutly no point in bring it back into store as they will have to send an engineer out to your house to look at it. If you were to try to bring it back and demand a refund/exchange they will not do it. This is because like you Curry's unfortunatly have rights and one of those rights is to repair items within an acceptable time frame which I believe is 28 days. Also because this is a TV and not classed as an essential item under law their will be no point in demanding a tempary TV. If they haven't completed repairs or are waiting for parts and the time frame elapses then you can going to your local branch or phone the helpline numbers up and get something called an uplift no. This no. is permission from the manufacture to exchange your TV. + Just for your knowledge if they do repair the TV they have up to 3 times to come out for the same fault before they will exchange it.

I know this is a lot of information but although I work for Curry all this information is inparsial and correct to the best of my knowledge.

Hope it helps :-)

Hi Biwood,

May I suggest you have a lok at this link and show it to your store Manager.. Consumers have rights and Curry's take the Mickey to be honest where the sale of Goods act is concerned.

Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994 (c. 35)

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Just found this site searching for anything to do with currys losing agreements.

I had a phone call today from currys stating HFC have lost our agreement for the plasma TV we just purchased. They asked me to go back to the store with my reciept so they could photocopy it.

I don't understand, if they print 3 copies then why not use the stores copy and send that to HFC?

My greatest concern is that my personal details are somewhere, and they are responsible for losing them. I plan to question what they intend to do about it.

I wonder how many have been misslaid????

Hi,

I would be concerned about where the application containing all my personel information had landed up, Especially in this day and age with all the Identity theft that goes on.

I wonder what they would say if you were to tell them that you had accidentlly shredded your receipt..lol

And why should you be the one that does the running around for their incompitence ?? I hope they will make a Gesture of goodwill payment to cover for your inconvenience ?

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hi

can you let us know how it all worked out with the credit agreement. Currys have just lost our credit agreement for our LCD tv. At the moment we have told them we haven't lost it its your fault....did you end up paying????

pop into the branch you bought it and ask for a copy. Photocopy it and then send it to HFC and Curry's customer service address which is on one of the red leaflets we give out

Why on earth should the customer have to do all this messing around??

Curry's unfortunatly have rights and one of those rights is to repair items within an acceptable time frame which I believe is 28 days.

Again total nonsense and this seems to happen often with Currys, even their staff are mislead by it. Disgraceful....

Ex CAG helper ^_^

• 2 months later...

Surely if they cant provide an agreement because they have lost it there is very little they can do to substantiate their claim in the court?? It is down to them to prove this agreement exists and if they cant do that they have no case

What exactly is on their particulars of claim?

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

Well i recevied a county court claim today. I phone them and as its in my partners name they preach the data protection, and they have lost our data .God it makes my blood boil

But what shall we do.

What has happened on this now?

Have you responded to their claim?

Actually the only part of this I would disagree with is the last sentence (oh, and the part which says it's down to you to prove the fault). Other than that, Biwood is correct. After a reasonable time has passed (and for standard faulty goods cases this is usually only 2-3 weeks) the retailer is entitled to offer a repair in the first instance rather than a refund. They have to do this within a reasonable time, and this timescale is dependent on the item and how essential it is, for example a fridge would be more essential than a TV, and I would argue that 28 days is fine for a TV repair.

So it's a little unfair to jump down his (her?) throat and say that they are wrong, as I actually think most of the above would be fine in law.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

After a reasonable time has passed (and for standard faulty goods cases this is usually only 2-3 weeks) the retailer is entitled to offer a repair in the first instance rather than a refund. They have to do this within a reasonable time, and this timescale is dependent on the item and how essential it is, for example a fridge would be more essential than a TV, and I would argue that 28 days is fine for a TV repair.

I think that the current test of "satisfactory quality" encourages a far more holistic approach by the courts.

I don't think that it is at all possible to base a judgment merely on whether the goods are considered "essential".

In fact, as far as I know the "essential " nature of the goods is not a criteria recognised by law.

I think that one has to take an overall view of the item, its value, the fault and the cost of repair - as well as the period for which the item has worked without any problem. All of these things have to be measured against reasonable consumer expectation.

For instance, I cannot imagine any judge ordering a refund on a refrigerator which has its internal light bulb burn out within less than 24 hours of use.

By "essential" goods I would say that this is important when deciding how to interpret "reasonable time" in law. The law says the repair must be done within a reasonable time, this is not specified and when having to decide what is a reasonable time one must take into account the details of the individual case. This would include looking at the item involved and how essential it is to the consumer. For example, 4 weeks might be fine to repair a games console but it would not be reasonable to repair a fridge.

Obviously I'm not talking about a fridge light burning out, I am talking about a fault that would render the fridge unusable.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

• 1 month later...
Well i recevied a county court claim today. I phone them and as its in my partners name they preach the data protection, and they have lost our data .God it makes my blood boil

But what shall we do.

Since everybody else seems to be ignoring this now...

I don't work for Curry's but I would imagine that the situation is as follows:

1. You visit Currys and agree to buy a TV.

2. When asked how you would like to pay for it, you say "credit, please".

3. The nice Currys man/woman says "we can sort this out for you" and helps you to fill in an application for personal credit with HFC bank (or whoever are trading as Currys Credit or whatever).

4. When the HFC computer says "yes" you sign an agreement and are given the TV.

In reality what has happened is that you have been accepted for credit by HFC who agree to pay for the goods and then give them to you on a hire-purchase (or similar) basis.

If you original form never makes it to HFC, HFC will not pay Currys for the goods. Therefore Currys are out of pocket and will want to chase you.

Currys will not be trying to enforce a credit agreement with you (they can't; they didn't enter into one with you). What they are saying is that you failed to keep your side of the bargain (which was making sure they got paid).

Whilst it is a bit awkward, it sounds like they're technically in the right here. The only way they get paid is with a bit of paper with your original signature on it.

Personally I see no alternative - you either have to go through the credit stuff again (sign new paper) or pay Currys in full for the goods you have. You might then have a separate claim against HFC, but probably not.

As ever, you need to know what your rights are, not what you think they are. In this case the finance is no different to getting a personal loan from your bank to pay for the TV.

• 3 weeks later...

What's the problem with helping Currys out and signing another doc if they ask for it?. Someone may have made a mistake.........has anyone here ever made a mistake at work?.....sure they have, and I'll bet you either wished/or were lucky enough to have someone human enough to smile and say 'Hey don't worry about it'.

Have a grumble about it, that's cool and understandable but be careful of unnecessary awkwardness as it never helps anyone (except lawyers who get paid to make everyones lives awkward :) ).

Hope you manage to resolve it all.

• 5 years later...

I had very bad experience with Currys at Hounslow, London. The Staff (specially ladies) are useless as they have no clue on techology and products.

Note: The srest of the staff (I believe they are native Britisher) are quite ok.

. I bought headone which had specification of "Noise isolation". When I open it and tried it did not work the way it is supposed to work. I packed the headphone without any damage even to package.When I took went to return the headphone ,they denied saying it is opend and we can not take it due to heygine issues.

The manager (Black guy) was even worst. he said these items are like Nicker (Underwares) once you wear it u can not return it.

what the ....

I will highly recommend not to buy anything from such cheap mentality shops CURRYS LOT OF WORRIES. I think it is problem with UK return policies which they might have learned from Indian Shoppers. US,Netherlands are the best counrties to do real Electronics Shopping

I wish you Currues This Chrismas sale make yoru profit down by 99%

:-) Great entertainment here today folks! "Headphones are like knickers" made me ROFL. Demand your money back and go to a decent HiFi shop where you can try out headphones properly before you buy. Avoid Currys/Dixons/Comet etc like the plague. Edited by CHRIS44G