• Tweets

• thread title updated post one made easier to read understand.  link to documents/pictures previously posted to our facebook page added. dx
    • Ok, sure! The company is Community Fibre. The issue is that while my internet speed from tests is extremely fast, I still experience delays in loading websites, connection issues on conference video calls, etc. I called & spoke to an agent, who had extremely poor communication skills and kept misunderstanding the problem & going round in circles. After half an hour of this, I asked if I could speak with a manager, but was told none was available. He eventually promised one would call me back within 24-48 hours, but no call came. I have now written to them explaining everything,  I am waiting for a response (I have an acknowledgment of the complaint). The 'manager will call you back' is a broken promise I've experienced a few times from different call centres/companies over the years, which is why I was curious how others have dealt with that & if there's a good general approach to this. Virgin Media (whom I was with in the past, and had a number of issues) were notorious for a whole range of awful examples of customer service, and this was their favourite it seems!
    • Link to TiredDodo's thread, it's the one below yours on the main page of this subforum. Once you've done your paperwork you should read other Freedom pass threads to understand what may happen next. HB  
    • Post Office scandal expert Moorhead predicts solicitor strike-offs Richard Moorhead, professor of law and professional ethics at the University of Exeter and a prolific writer on the Horizon scandal, said it was ‘highly likely’ that people would be removed from the profession. He added that he also expects one or two individuals to face criminal prosecutions. He was ‘cautiously supportive’ of the Solicitors Regulation Authority's position of waiting until the public inquiry has finished before taking any decisions on disciplinary proceedings, saying the regulator has been doing a lot of investigatory work behind the scenes. But Moorhead said the SRA should provide ‘greater clarity and detail’ about what it is doing currently.   Professor Richard Moorhead predicts strike-offs over Post Office Horizon scandal | Law Gazette WWW.LAWGAZETTE.CO.UK Lawyers have been 'everywhere' in the scandal, Professor Richard Moorhead tells legal ethics conference.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

nlori1 vrs Nationwide**WON**

lori1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they don't take you seriously until you file a claim in court, they will say they are going to defend and usually pay up about 3-5 days later including costs and interest - good luck you'll have your cash in no time

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

Sort of, as you can't set a precedent in the small claims court ie below £5K, some people on this site are trying to force their claims into fast track and order full disclosure (of costs) which of course the banks won't do

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

hi all another quick update, well tomorrow is the day i file my claim.............im so nervous, but hey its my money, i have still to receive the statements for the other account i hold with them and they have only 5 days to send them or im off to court to sue for non-compliance............maybe by the end of this i will know what im doing x

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

hi all another update, i have still not received statements for 2nd acc, the most recent letter i sent gave another 7 days to comply, not sure how i file for non-compliance cant seem to find anything, if you can help it would be greatly appreciated. xxxxxxx

Data Protection Act - Non-Compliance - Template Letters

Data Protection Act - Non-Compliance - Template Letters

Data Protection Act - Taking a Case to Court

Data Protection Act - Taking a Case to Court

Data Protection Act, Claim At Court

IMPORTANT Things You REALLY Need To Know

Data Protection Act Non-Compliance - Particulars of claim

Data Protection Act Non-Compliance - Particulars of claim

• Haha 1

many thnx, lots of reading for me!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

another quick update, not much to add im afraid i decided to be generous and offer them the chance to send statements but as yet no luck they have until tomorrow so looks like im off to court for non-comp. my other claim has still to be filed as when i checked online that nw had recieved all correspondence i found they didnt receive my lba so i had to send off another one,( now has to sue po ;) ) they have until tomorrow then i submit mcol, its all ready to go just have to hit the button. xx i will keep u posted

Hi all i got this letter today from nw and would appreciate some advice.....is this another standard bogoff

dear....

Your complaint has been sent to me by .....Customer Care Manager, member account servicing. i've only just received the papers and will be reviewing them as soon as possible. once i've finished. i'll write to you with my findings.

the Finanvial Services Authority (FSA) allows us 8 weeks to investigate before you have the right to ask the Financial Ombudsman to review your case. this ends on 06 March 2007. if for any reason we can't send a full response by then , we'll write and explain why.

this letter was in response to the LBA which i sent not sure if i just proceed with mcol or if they get the eight weeks, any help is much appreciated

ahh Michael to the rescue again....many thnx for your help.x

Right hi guys another update, today i have filed my MCOl.now the waiting game many many thnx to all on this site for all your help and i hope that soon i will be able to make a very well deserved donation to this fab site:D

• Haha 1

Hi Lori,

this is a standard reply from Nationwide; I got the same. The timeframe is yours NOT THEIRS. You dont have to wait 8 weeks. If you feel you have given them sufficient notice AND they have refused to refund your charges (in writing) then go ahead and file on-line. Remember you do not have to play to their tune, you call the shots and determine the progress of your claim, not them

I sent them two letters, including an LBA. As soon as they replied stating ....go away we're not giving you your money back, I filed .

Im a couple of days away from them defending and then, if they behave as they have in ALL other cases, they will pay up. Remember, in the small claims court, you are not liable for their costs even if they were to win (which they won't). So your down side is minimal (your court fees) and your upside is the return of all your charges

Hope this helps

• Haha 2
:wink:

A quick question , i have a copy of my charges ready to send to court tomorrow, now im not sure but i think i read somewhere that i should also send another copy to nationwide

You read right.

Send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. + a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours sincerely,

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement (not the Notice of Issue) from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim

Dear Sir,

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

Yours sincerely,

A song springs to mind... "Carry on regardless". Yep, it's the same letter I received after sending the LBA - as if he investigates anything! I'm sure they just play with their pencils for a few weeks then send another bog off letter. If the 14 days are up, file the claim.

Good luck,

Kelly :)

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

Oops, replied to #20. I didn't see the second page :oops:

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

lol kelly i thought it was only me who done that !!

well i've just checked with mcol and my claim has been issued( nervously biting my lip), they have now 14 days to reply so the countdown beginsXXXXXXXXwish me luck!

• Haha 1