Simon vs Barclays

Pendonk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have just compiled my initial SAR and am preparing to post it. Should I send this as recorded delivery, or will it be ok to just pop it in the post?

Ironically, I had a call from them today asking me to pop in and have a chat about how they can improve their service. :D

Another question, can you make a claim on an account that you have recently closed?

Cheers

i sent all my letters rec del, You can send it recorded delivery or just get proof of posting.

Yes you can make a claim on closed accounts.

claire

• Haha 1

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

for a look at what replies you will recieve click on this link and you will see. also to enlarge the photos click on them.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/55353-barclays-link.html

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

• 4 weeks later...

Right, I sent of my first leeter (as per the template) on January 2nd. On the 16t I got a letter back saying...

"The bank is not under an oblgation to present information according to any particular format, and that they will not comply to my request."

They go on to say that "The DPA does not oblge the bank to comment on internal policies and procedures". Thay say that "I can receive this info in statements which they will send on free of charge" But they've not sent them.

Isthis orml? Have I done somethingwrong?

Cheekysods also crossed and returned my postal order, so I can't cash it.

Should I now proceed with the second letter? I do't have a breakown of the money owed to me. Please advise

Read the FAQ's and Step by Step instructions on this site. You also need to read the longer threads in this Barclays forum where you'll see what happens and when, what obstacles the banks put in your way and how to deal with them.

In your case, the response you've received is standard.

Wait until you get the documentation from the bank then use the England Simple Excel spreadsheet from the templates library to calculate the charges. It's then that you send the Prelin letter asking for your money back and you send a copy of the spreadsheet to them with the letter.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

Diolch Bytti

I'll hang about until I get the statements then. Then follow up with the second letter. Thanks for the link to your case, very useful.

Difficult to find time to trawl all the links. Have 2 young kids that I only see on weekends as I work in France through the week. The company I work for thinks internet acess is a distraction. Think I need a printer and read up on this stuff on the plane.

• 3 weeks later...

The (edit) responded to me and informed me that they've (edit) me of almost 2 grand over the last 6 years. I am using a template for my next letter. Is there a standard format for presenting the breakdown of charges that I'm claiming back? I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Cheers

Just create a simple document headed with your name and account details, then three columns - date of charge, amount of charge, reason for charge. Fill in the details and off you go.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

The (edit) responded to me and informed me that they've ****** me of almost 2 grand over the last 6 years. I am using a template for my next letter. Is there a standard format for presenting the breakdown of charges that I'm claiming back? I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Cheers

Please avoid libellous words in your postings.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

• 3 weeks later...

I sent the letter with the breakdown of charges. The deadline for a response from the bank is Monday but I don't expect to hear from them though. So on Monday I will start court proceedings but I don't know where or how I do this. Can you please give me some advice?

Read the template section !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but it's not the easiest of sites to navigate. The only thing I can find on small claims procedure is to buy the book. Can you send me a link?

I did receive a letter on Saturday from Barclays - Customer Relations Advisor (a real person) giving themselves an additional 14 days to respond to my letter. Should I wait?