Worried Baliff Entry

chunky1977
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Had a few problems financially over the past year. As such Council Tax was not paid. Have had a visit from Baliff with regards payment. Foolishly (I've now founfd out by reading some threads) we let him into the house and signed an agreement for payment. This we have stuck to and I make the final payment end of month.

I have seen on a few threads people have been asking if the baliff was let into the house. Can you inform me as to why this is such an important question. I'm worried about the consequences of letting him in now.

Also I signed something about the car we have. Paniced at the time but realise I may have signed to say the car could be used as colatteral.

The car is now kept on the drive.:Cry:

Nationwide - S.A.R sent 3/1/07

Statements receieved 01/02/07

Pre Lim sent 10/02/07

LBA sent 25/02/07

MCOL Submitted 14/05/2007

Case Closed - Won from NW 14/06/2007

Lloyds TSB -

Prelim sent 30/04/07

LBA Sent 15/05/07

OHs Lloyds TSB

Pre Lim Sent 30/04/07

LBA Sent 15/05/07

T-Mobile - Prelim sent 8/1/07 **WON** 18/1/07

Capital One - Prelim sent 10/01/07

Offer letter receieved 29/01/07

Hi chunky1977,

Basically once the bailiff has been in the first time with your consent, then he/she can enter again even without your permission if you fail to keep up payments that have been agreed. Also, they may take items, including your car (in some cases) again if you do not keep up payments. Where as, if you do not allow them in, in the first place, they cannot force their way in, levy on your goods inside your home or add on charges beyond the set amount for the first couple of visits.

In your case, you have kept to the payments and only having the payment at the end of the month have nothing to worry about, just make sure this payment is made and check that this is infact the final payment so that the bailiff cant claim later that you have defaulted on the agreement.

• Haha 1

Thanks Billyhunt.

At least I know now incase something like this ever happens again........now that finances are on track though it shouldn't.

Nationwide - S.A.R sent 3/1/07

Statements receieved 01/02/07

Pre Lim sent 10/02/07

LBA sent 25/02/07

MCOL Submitted 14/05/2007

Case Closed - Won from NW 14/06/2007

Lloyds TSB -

Prelim sent 30/04/07

LBA Sent 15/05/07

OHs Lloyds TSB

Pre Lim Sent 30/04/07

LBA Sent 15/05/07

T-Mobile - Prelim sent 8/1/07 **WON** 18/1/07

Capital One - Prelim sent 10/01/07

Offer letter receieved 29/01/07

if a bailiff gains peaceful entry and also you sign a walking possession there is nothing to stop the bailiff from coming back if you default on the payments etc. If you could send me a copy of your paperwork then i can tell you what you have signed also if the charges were correct or not. pm and i will give you my email.

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.