ME V's BOS Bring it on!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

not really bothered about my account as out of the 3 accounts only 1 is open and i'm £110 over my overdraft is doubt if they'll close my account cause they're gonna want that money back, but i've already changed all my d/d and any money i have going into the account going into my husbands account.

still need to know:

1) can i claim all 5 claims through the courts at the same time or can i only have 1 claim going through the court each time?

2) also if i'm on benefits do i still have to pay the £39 if yes do i add this now with the interest??

i know you've said about point 1 maroon, but if i claim all 5 on their own its 5 different claims, 5 different claim numbers, so don't know if the judge can put them together, plus they add up to well over £750, and the judge is going to see that, thats why i'll asking if any1 knows if you can have 5 different claims going to court at the same time (point 1)

anyone please cause really need to know so i can get all the court papers ready for thursday :)

BOS 1st Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 2nd Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 3rd Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 4th Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 5th Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

Nationwide - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Court Date 17/7/07 WAITING FOR TEST CASE

LX Direct - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 9/7/07 Got 50% off total - settled and closed account 10/9/08

Studio cards - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 8/1/07Credited to my account, account cleared! 4/6/07

I've only claimed once and they closed my account and asked me to cut up my Visa card.(nice people).

Regards.

Scott.

Maroon

Was this a current account or a credit card you were claiming on ?

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

Hi, Sinking Fast (luv the alias!) I'm in the NE Scotland aswell!

In answer to the question you keep asking about filing all claims at the same time, I've a large claim in the prelim stage at the moment, I will have to do 6 x Summary Cause (limit £1500) and one small claim and i've been told that I will have to wait for each separate court claim to finish completely before starting the next one. I also read somewhere that someone filled out their 2nd claim form and took it when they had to appear in court for their first claim, the judgement was granted in his favour so on his way out he handed his completed form & fee to the clerk so he could get the next one started asap!! I've been told that mine will take about a year to get all my money back if it ends up in court, but it's so worth the wait, think of all that lovely interest!!

If you are in receipt of benefits there should be something on the court form where you can get exemption from court fees.

I hope this helps and good luck!! (you won't need it!)8)

Paying interest on a loan caused by penalty charges? Read this!!

Very useful A-Z here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html?highlight=can%27t+find+what+you%27re+looking+for%3F

New strategy for Scots claims here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/scotland/71013-urgent-attention-please-read.html

Scottish procedure:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland/42620-scottish-procedure.html

I am a layperson not a legal expert, my advice is offered without prejudice or liability, it is purely my opinion based on personal experience and should be treated as such. If in any doubt seek the advice of a qualified professional.

cheers thats helped heaps, well going tomorrow to file my papers at the court, getting nervous now i knew they would settle before going to court, but know its here i'm really worried, getting to claim my smaller claim first and left the biggest one till last so i get more interest :lol:

1 last query can i have a small claim and a summary cause ( 1 with BOS and 1 with nationwide) at the court at the same time cause its 2 different bank/building society and 2 different actions???????????

Nationwide - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Court Date 17/7/07 WAITING FOR TEST CASE

LX Direct - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 9/7/07 Got 50% off total - settled and closed account 10/9/08

Studio cards - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 8/1/07Credited to my account, account cleared! 4/6/07

Hi sinkingfast

I would imagine that you could claim all your charges at once if they amount to less than £750 - or £1500 is you are claiming through summary cause. It is the same financial institution so as long as you state what accounts the charges refer to then I cant see a problem with that!!!!

I also would think it was fine to have 2 claims going through at the same time if they are with different institutions. After all, I am sure BOS dont wait until they have settled a claim against somebody that owes them money before they go on to the next one do they!!!! Whats good for the goose etc., etc.,

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Gemspan

well got the 1st claim all ready to go againist BOS, will take it to the court on monday as don't get money till then!

Phoned the telephone number which was on the top of the letter, addressed from Dunfermline, to see what managers name and which address to put on the court papers, got this really nice lady (untill i give her my ref number) then she was got a bit "matter of fact tone" I asked what address etc i put on the court paper, and she said " this address which is blah blah blah LEEDS" i was :shock: i thought i'd phone dunfermline, and though head office was edinburgh so were does leeds come into it?? (totally confused!!)

but have put the customer relations in leeds down, and another thing its down as Halifax not BOS???????????????????????? even more confused, have read people on about some guy and BOS (what has he got to do with all this?, is he some sort of manager?)

• 1 month later...

Hi people, need your help again, haven't been on in a few weeks, am at the court stage BUT didn't have any money, to start the claim, just started a new job last week and was waiting till the end of the month to get paid, BUT got a letter from the bank today, and don't know what to do, letter is offering me appox half of what i'm claiming and it states "If you do not wish to accept this payment, in full and final settlement of your complaint, please contact us on the above number within the time scale"

right questions

1) I'm not excepting the offer as its only half what i'm claiming, whats the next step, do i phone or write?? if I write what do I write??

2) What about the interest, because I wasn't adding it on till I went to court, or can I not add this now as it hasn't gone to court??

any help asap would be great, as i could really do with this money cheers :)

Hiya

matthew's dad is now at this stage with his claim, he had raised court proceedings already (hearing next week) after he got the offer letter he phoned them yesterday and they basically told him that they would refund all his bank charges. He is pressing for an amount for interest too as he has issued proceedings but he had no problem getting them to up their offer to the full amount!!

Re the interest - if you're settling extra judicially then I don't think you've got much entitlement to ask for the interest. The only reason I have advised matthews dad to press for this is because he has already issued proceedings

cheers for that matthews mum :)

anyone else had it this easy?

and am i able to still add the interest, as i haven't started court proceedings yet?

1) I'm not excepting the offer as its only half what i'm claiming, whats the next step, do i phone or write?? if I write what do I write??

2) What about the interest, because I wasn't adding it on till I went to court, or can I not add this now as it hasn't gone to court??

1) Here is a template letter for rejecting their offer...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

2)Dont add any interest yet. This can only be added at the court stage.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thank you very much, gonna send the letter and phone tomorrow hopefully they'll just say o.k we'll pay the full amount, that would be so great!!!!!!!1

Hi Sinking_fast,

Just read your treads today and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I'm about to send of the letter requesting the charges tomorrow. Can I ask, who did you make the £10 postal order paybable to, as I'm also with the bank of scotland/halifax? :???:

throught i'd have to send RD, like you say least you've got proof then, have put all the BOS letters (even though different claims) into 1 big envelope so only have to pay RD once :)

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

thanxs chancer, i never had to send off for my statements i'm a maggie pie and keep every bit of paper work i always get, so had all my statements. I've had a look, and can't find who you'd address it to anywhere sorry haven't been much help, i'm sure that some-one will help you though as they're a great bunch of helpful confidence building bunch on here :) :)

thanxs chancer, i never had to send off for my statements i'm a maggie pie and keep every bit of paper work i always get, so had all my statements. I've had a look, and can't find who you'd address it to anywhere sorry haven't been much help, i'm sure that some-one will help you though as they're a really great bunch of helpful confidence building folk on here :) :)

Hi Chancer.

Just make it out to halifax plc and send everything to trinity road.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Sinking fast

I got the same letter offering me 1/2 the amount I was claiming. I phoned the number on the letter, told them I wasnt accepting the offer,:) they then asked me what I would settle for I said the full amount plus the new charges they had added since I had started my claim AND GUESS WHAT I GOT THE LOT THAT EASY.

Thanks for the feedback and I'll be sending the letter off tomorrow via RD so that it will there for Monday. ;)

Hi Chancer.

Just make it out to halifax plc and send everything to trinity road.

I'VE WONcan't believe it!!! phoned BOS today saying now way am i accepting your offer etc etc see you in court, and it was like " no wait mrs ****** we can come to an agreement on the phone etc etc" i just said the full amount or court, i was asked to hold the line, and 3 minutes later o.k the money will be in your account in the next 14 days, got the shpeel about " me being partly to blame about the charges etc etc" was just like ye ye whatever, got my money now kiss my butt (sorry about that so excited)!!

at the court stage with nationwide so fingers crossed they pay up next!!!

p.s as soon as money is in account i will be making my donation to this helpful site, cause without it, i wouldn't have got jack poo!!!!!!!

Congrats!!! I'm happy for you and don't spend it all at once. ;)

I'VE WONcan't believe it!!! phoned BOS today saying now way am i accepting your offer etc etc see you in court, and it was like " no wait mrs ****** we can come to an agreement on the phone etc etc" i just said the full amount or court, i was asked to hold the line, and 3 minutes later o.k the money will be in your account in the next 14 days, got the shpeel about " me being partly to blame about the charges etc etc" was just like ye ye whatever, got my money now kiss my butt (sorry about that so excited)!!

at the court stage with nationwide so fingers crossed they pay up next!!!

p.s as soon as money is in account i will be making my donation to this helpful site, cause without it, i wouldn't have got jack poo!!!!!!!