BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• The employer should consult staff about furlough and ideally they should be transparent about what's happening, but this is all new.   Emmzzi may know more than I do.   HB
    • Email,. today from BW Legal    Without Prejudice Save as to Costs 09 April 2020 Dear XXXXXXX Our Client: PRAC Financial Limited Balance Due: £521.65 Hearing Venue: XXXXXXXX Original Creditor: Instant Cash Loans Ltd trading as Payday UK Original Account Number: XXXXXXX Hearing Date: 16 June 2020 We are writing to you because the court has listed our client's claim for a court hearing on 16 June 2020. We understand this is a difficult time for everyone, which is why our client is keen to resolve matters amicably by offering you the opportunity to pay a discounted balance on the sums due. We wanted to let you know that we are available to assist you throughout this time via numerous methods, from our Contact Centre, Webchat and our Customer Portal. We want to ensure that if you are or have been directly or indirectly impacted by COVID-19, that you still get to the best advice and reassurance about how to manage your account with us. Please call us on 0113 468 3021 or speak to us via Webchat so we can assist you at this time, we just need to understand your circumstances in order that we can help. Great News - 35% Discount Offer Our client wants to help with any possible financial burden that you may have and we are able to now offer you a pre-approved discount. This can be paid in one lump sum, or you can pay this over a pre-agreed instalment plan. This offer is open until 09 May 2020. What is even better for you is that you do not need to call us to accept this offer if this is affordable to you. Just log in, or register to use our Customer Portal www.bwlegal.co.uk and select "Customer Login". The pre-approved settlement and plan is ready for you to accept. You need to quote our reference, along with your address details and a couple of other security questions in order to register. Our Customer Portal is very easy to navigate and you can choose various different payment methods and payment dates. You can also use the payment calculator, view your account, statement and talk to us via Webchat if you need assistance. Strictly, without prejudice, the discount available is 35% from your current balance. If you do take advantage of the offer, the revised amount to pay will be £339.07 if paid by 09 May 2020. If you cannot afford to pay the discounted amount in full, do not worry. If affordable for you, you can still take advantage of the offer by repayment plan. We have a pre-approved monthly instalment amount of £20.00. The plan has been recommended to take into account estimated disposable income. We have also made it easy for you to accept the offer without having to call us. If this is affordable to you then simply log onto our Customer Portal and accept to pay the offer by instalments. You will be able to choose the first payment date and payment method. Once the offer has been accepted, we will withdraw the claim and notify the court that the hearing listed on 16 June 2020 does not need to go ahead. If you have filed a counterclaim, you will need to ensure that you inform the court and ourselves, in writing, that you no longer wish to proceed with the counterclaim. Important information about credit reporting When you opt to set up a discounted repayment plan, if our client already reports your account to a credit reference agency then they will continue to report your balance and payment each month. On receipt of your final payment, our client will then mark your agreement as closed with the status "settlement".   Yours sincerely, BW Legal
    • Note that most experts believe that re infection cases are faulty tests. Plus there are always a small number of people who can get something twice. I can attest to this as I was unfortunate enough to get Chicken Pox again as an adult, something I wouldn’t wish on anybody.
    • Post 16  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/420400-vcs-spycar-pcn-no-stopping-southend-airport/?tab=comments#comment-5040496   Post 23  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/419312-vcs-pcn-no-stopping-in-restricted-zone-bristol-airport/#comments   Here are two good examples.  Tweak them according to your circumstances and post up what you intend to send.
    • FCA announcement 9/4/20 From interest-free overdrafts to credit card payments, the FCA has told banks to help borrowers during coronavirus crisis: What will it mean for you? The FCA said banks must offer interest-free overdraft buffers of £500 It also said people could put their credit card repayments on hold for 3 months This would not affect their credit score but they would still be charged interest This is Money explains what the proposals mean for consumers     https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cardsloans/article-8203647/What-todays-new-FCA-debt-measures-mean-you.html   https://www.fca.org.uk/news/press-releases/fca-confirms-temporary-financial-relief-customers-impacted-coronavirus
  • Our picks

maxine989

Urgent advice needed at court stage

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4796 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi...

I have just realised I have made a HUGE mistake!!

Yesterday I began court proceedingg against Halifax with added contractual interest.

I have just realised that I had been using the wrong spreadsheet and that my contractual interest rate is 19.9%,not 16.9%. Will this get thrown out because I haven't been accurate with my % rate, or... am I able to send an amended spreadsheet to the court???

I am not sure what to do for the best. Has anyone got any advice for me?

Maxine

:-? :Cry::???:

Moodle

Dont panic !

You are well under the "unarranged" overdraft rate of 2.13% per month (28.8%).

Dont be shy on this one as you most certainly did not "authorise" them to break the law and impose the illegal charges on your account.

If any thing you are offering them a saving, and any way, they are not going to turn up at court (judging from all the other threads on this forum).

"sit back and relax" you wil have your settlement soon.

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

Thomas Jefferson 1802

we got our money 2 weeks after starting court so don't worry, the only thing i will say is that they'll offer you charges, court fee, and s69 8% interest, you should not accept this if you want contractual, unless you really need the cash, we didn't accept but they paid it in anyway, so now were just taking them to court for the rest of the interest which might be a bit of a problem as we've already used the money to pay of debts, so when you get the offer reply asap if you are not accepting or they'll do the same to you. read my thread here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/18017-me-helifax.html

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

Thanks for the reassurance folks... :-)

Moodle

Hello again Max, max I do apologized It is not ofter I get the chance to read other threads so you must think me extremely rude, especially after all the support you have given me, please forgive me.

Anyway just glanced over some of your threas and i am so glad I did. You have been busy maybe it is you who should be advising us.

right the reason I was particularly interested in this thread is because I have made the same mistake as you only on a bigger scale.

I have filled in 3 sets of spreadsheets for 3 different account but all on the one claim I have just noticed that the interest rate on one of the spreadsheets is for 39.90% instead of the 29.90 %. I could put it down to a typing arrear but TSB will probably pick up on it.

you have under estimate whereas I have over estimated it was on the smaller of the claims however, So what should I do. My QA has been sent of to ****.

Any advice please from anyone.

max what would you have done had the interest you added was larger then the banks rate

please tell

Pen X

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

Do y'know... that I have got that many things on the go that I have forgotten what I have done about this. I will have to go through all my stuff and check it out tomorrow.

Pen... maybe just write a letter to the court with an attatched new SOC. I am sure the bank is not going to complain about you reducing your claim. I am not sure if you will have to go through the proceedure of filling in a form and paying the £35 to amend it... or whether a letter will do. They have to put all amendments before the judge.

I amended one of my other claims recently to the higher rate after everyone was going on about it... I am aware now that many members & mods have done a U turn in relation to this and that there is mass confusion over this matter... but I have done it now (it was a few weeks ago) and so I will just have to wait to see what happens.

This is the letter I wrote for the judge to consider it... although my circumstances were a bit different to yours Pen.

Claim Number: ********

Claimant: Maxine989

Defendant: National Westminster Bank plc

Natwest account Number: **-**-** ********

Dear Sir

I wish to amend a current claim I have pending with ********* County Court currently at the allocation stage. I hope you will consider the circumstances outlined below and enable me to enter an amended schedule of charges using the higher unauthorised borrowing contractual interest amount.

I believe that the defendant owed me a duty of care in the form of a fiduciary duty not to gain extra profit and by way of ‘fiduciary impropriety’ and that by adding interest to the unlawfully levied charges, the Defendant breached that duty of care and made ‘profit by wrongdoing’ from that breach at the Claimant’s expense forming an ‘unjust enrichment’.

I would now like to claim 29.69%, rather than the 16.9% I have included in my original schedule of charges. I believe this higher rate to be justified under the implied principle of mutuality and reciprocity, and is based on the Defendant’s interest rate that would be applied under the terms of the above mentioned account.

With this letter I have attached a new schedule of charges and an amended copy of the original N1 and Particulars of Claim for your perusal (3 copies of each).

I ham happy to provide you with any other documentation if required. Additionally, if there is a fee for this service please let me know by return.

Yours faithfully,

Moodle

Ah... I remember what has happend with this claim... the Halifax one in first few posts... I won by default before I had chance to change the interest... SO I have just accepted it at the 16.9%.

Halifax have not payed up though... I have called the court a few times and they are sending me infor on enforcements... but I think I am going to go down tomorrow and fill in the form which sends the bailifs in... I had to do that with the other natwest account. You'd think they would just send you the cheque once you ahve won... but no... they keep us hanging on... maybe they think if they ignore us we will go away...

Moodle

And yes Pen... I have been busy... too busy though. It's been a bit confusing at times. I think I have got too many claims on the go at the same time..

And... last week I have started doing 2 Halifax claims for my friend... although I haven't started threads for them as it is just too much to keep updating. I have just printed off the prelim letters and made the SOC for him so far. he hasn't got a clue how to work a computer so needs a bit of help.

Thanks for dropping by to read my threads...

:-)

Moodle

Max, Poor You.

Not sure what you mean about the big u-turn thing IHave I missed something whilst I have been away with regards ci. I gather something has happened but What!!!

Pen

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

Morning Pen...

I am just refering to the change of attitude towards contractual interest... some say go for it, others say don't risk it.. all that.

It seemed that a few weeks ago a lot of members and mods were suggesting that we all hold out in our claims and don't accept less if we have claimed contractual, now many are suggesting it is wise to accept charges + 8% if offered. That is what I meant by the U turn... sorry I didn't mean to confuse you. I was typing fast last night, as it was late... and I probably didn't make myself very clear.

:-)

Moodle