You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Nationwide is facing mounting criticism from savers.This is a result of the cuts it has applied to savings rates in the wake of the Bank of England's decision to cut the Base Rate to 0.1 per cent. View the full article
    • As a former NHS manager in a mental health trust... I agree 100% with the actions recommended by stu007.  And I would make especially clear in your letter(s) of complaint that you are extremely concerned about the whereabouts of any confidential letter that was intended to be sent to you in the handwritten envelope.  (Indeed, the fact that a handwritten envelope addressed to you was used would suggest to me that they definitely had something to send you.  It also sounds a bit odd to me that the envelope was handwritten).   As well as complaining in writing to them, I'd contact the clinical team by 'phone first thing on Monday, explain what's happened and tell them to ensure that any confidential information about you that has been sent to a third party must be recovered immediately, and you want confirmation of that.  Well that's what I'd do - see if others think it a good idea or not.  If that had happened at my trust, heads would roll.   There's another poster on these boards called "think about it".  They're involved (I think) in GP practice management and may have some comments too about patient confidentiality.   Oh - I think I would include a photocopy of the handwritten envelope in my complaint to the trust and the ICO.   (I've got to ask - can you say what trust it is?  Don't say if you don't want to.)   EDIT:  And well done for contacting the other person to tell them what's happened.  You did the right thing
    • Hey, thank you very much again for your replies!   - We go to the branches and ask for business accounts, but as I give them my personal name they register them as sole trader accounts in their systems, regardless of my company name being on the agreement.  Suspended our services for high volume messaging -- that is not explicitly covered in terms and conditions Send us letters referencing wrong terms and conditions that we did not sign Terminate the contract and come with a random balance number. We argue unsuccessfully, but they don't follow up with the requested deadlock letter. Pass our account to Lowell in 2017 I pick the account back up when I notice it is affecting my credit file in 2020 I work on the case for about three weeks and file a complaint with CISAS I give Lowell my contract and they see it is my company's name on it so they pass it back to Vodafone Vodafone wants to settle my account quoting they should not charge me anything on the first place and they offer £250 as a compensation for distress. I mistakenly accept the offer because of confusing wording and thinking that the third party adjudicator was already involved in the case, although they would basically get involved on the later stage.  I make a complaint as per CISAS and try to reverse the settlement in the system and have third party adjudicator having a proper look into my case and hopefully reward me a much fairer compensation for all the damages.    I have made a SAR request with both Vodafone and Lowell so far, but still waiting for the Vodafone to send it.    I am now waiting for CISAS to respond, but because I am still upset how much damage this has caused me I am considering taking them to small claims court.  For that I am researching what are the acts I would have to reference in that case.   Obviously Consumer Rights Act 2015 and then Data Protection Act 2018 and perhaps some acts regarding entering into contractual agreements -- can you help with that maybe?        My main concern at the moment is to how to express claims well in a legal language, because £250 they offered feels just patronizing given that there has been everything clearly written in black and white, yet I have had to go though this damaging and humiliating experience. 
    • Cooling off periods do not apply to faulty items. The cooling off period relates to a distance purchase of an item which is of satisfactory quality. Where an item is faulty then it become subject to the rules under the Consumer Rights Act
    • I understand the cooling off period for online purchases, but this is a little different due to the item being collected/paid in person.    A used item was recently sold by auction on eBay. The seller inspected, paid with cash and collected the item in person.    The buyer is now claiming the item to be faulty.    If this transaction was completely remote and the item posted, I would absolutely expect the buyer to be entitled to a refund.    But as the transaction happened in person would the point of the money changing hands be when the contract is made? Therefore not giving the buyer any cooling off period?   I think this is the key information; Used item Paid in person Working when collected Private sale   Thanks!
  • Our picks

anjin

Payplan, Moorcroft & Regal

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4900 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Everyone, new to this site, but what a great site it is.

I have a problem that I could use some advice with. Back in August I started a voluntary scheme with Payplan to pay off the card debts built up by my ex-wife, and which I inherited in the divorce settlement.:(

Everything seems to be going well except for the fact that I've ben contacted by two DCA's. First is Moorcroft, acting for Morgan Stanley, who have threatened me with litigation, even though I am paying off the debt with reduced monthly payments through Payplan.

The second is Regal Credit Consultants, who say they have had the debt passed to them from Wescot. Westcot have already accepted the Payplan arrangement, and when contacted by Payplan, said they still owned the debt and had no dealings with Regal. Regal are now threatening litigation also.

My questions are, firstly, why are Moorcroft pursuing the matter, when the payment has already been accepted by Morgan Stanley? Secondly, what is the legal situation regarding Regal? All my debts are being paid off, what more can I do?

Sorry, but I don't have much idea about this, hopefully someone will be able to advise me. Happy New Year. :)

im not an expert but from what i have learnt on this site they couldnt do much if you have kept upto date with your pay plan i cant see anyone taking it further as they would not gain unless the amount you pay is so small compared with your income i would get statements from payplan showing you are upto date and send them copies it might shut them up

Hi there :) you have definatly come to the right place, people here are amazing :D

Personally, i would send them all a cca letter along with the £1 fee. This means if they do not provide you with a copy of your credit agreement in 12 working days(+2 for postage) they are in default and you can withold payment. Another calender month goes by without them correcting the default and the debt becomes unenforceable without a court order, so if they have it, they will provide it.

you can also send them an sar, which gives you access to your statements etc and you can start teh process of claiming back unlawful charges, again this puts accounts on hold as the amounts are in dispute.

i hope things work out well for you, take care :D

Are you not better having a word with Paypan? Make them earn their money

and resolve the problems with Regal and Moorcroft. however as JVeasey rightly says, as yu are paying through Payplan and the major players have accepted their proposals, it is unlikely that a Court would alter the terms

unless it came to light that you had undisclosed assets.

i have been on a dmp with payplan and the reason i advised what i did was because i found them so slow and 'dappy' i couldnt rely on them to do anything. i was incurring charges on accounts etc because they were so slow to do anything and i found it too stressful. maybe others find them better though, if so thats probably the most sensible thing to do LFI :)

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the advice. I agree, Payplan are slow, I'm still incurring charges with a couple of accounts. Will try to contact them again, perhaps they'll get back to me sooner or later :rolleyes:

Don't relly want to put the accounts into dispute as that may mess up the plan.

Once again, thanks for the advice, and best of luck to all of you in your "battles" :)

I'm with payplan and have moorcroft as one of the dca

They just automatically send me a letter every month, which i know ignore.

Payplan know about it.

I spoke to morrcroft the first couple of times i recieved letters and its just automatc letters, in the hope they you may pay them off or more than payplan are giving them.

Do you forward all your letters to payplan, because thats what i do, then they will contact the dca's.

Thanks PKea

Yes I do send the letters to Payplan, and they were the ones that told me Westcot still own the debt and weren't dealing with Regal. I suppose it's just people trying it on, but I'm still puzzled as to where Regal came into this

Take Care