Payplan, Moorcroft & Regal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone, new to this site, but what a great site it is.

I have a problem that I could use some advice with. Back in August I started a voluntary scheme with Payplan to pay off the card debts built up by my ex-wife, and which I inherited in the divorce settlement.:(

Everything seems to be going well except for the fact that I've ben contacted by two DCA's. First is Moorcroft, acting for Morgan Stanley, who have threatened me with litigation, even though I am paying off the debt with reduced monthly payments through Payplan.

The second is Regal Credit Consultants, who say they have had the debt passed to them from Wescot. Westcot have already accepted the Payplan arrangement, and when contacted by Payplan, said they still owned the debt and had no dealings with Regal. Regal are now threatening litigation also.

My questions are, firstly, why are Moorcroft pursuing the matter, when the payment has already been accepted by Morgan Stanley? Secondly, what is the legal situation regarding Regal? All my debts are being paid off, what more can I do?

Sorry, but I don't have much idea about this, hopefully someone will be able to advise me. Happy New Year. :)

im not an expert but from what i have learnt on this site they couldnt do much if you have kept upto date with your pay plan i cant see anyone taking it further as they would not gain unless the amount you pay is so small compared with your income i would get statements from payplan showing you are upto date and send them copies it might shut them up

Hi there :) you have definatly come to the right place, people here are amazing :D

Personally, i would send them all a cca letter along with the £1 fee. This means if they do not provide you with a copy of your credit agreement in 12 working days(+2 for postage) they are in default and you can withold payment. Another calender month goes by without them correcting the default and the debt becomes unenforceable without a court order, so if they have it, they will provide it.

you can also send them an sar, which gives you access to your statements etc and you can start teh process of claiming back unlawful charges, again this puts accounts on hold as the amounts are in dispute.

i hope things work out well for you, take care :D

Are you not better having a word with Paypan? Make them earn their money

and resolve the problems with Regal and Moorcroft. however as JVeasey rightly says, as yu are paying through Payplan and the major players have accepted their proposals, it is unlikely that a Court would alter the terms

unless it came to light that you had undisclosed assets.

i have been on a dmp with payplan and the reason i advised what i did was because i found them so slow and 'dappy' i couldnt rely on them to do anything. i was incurring charges on accounts etc because they were so slow to do anything and i found it too stressful. maybe others find them better though, if so thats probably the most sensible thing to do LFI :)

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the advice. I agree, Payplan are slow, I'm still incurring charges with a couple of accounts. Will try to contact them again, perhaps they'll get back to me sooner or later :rolleyes:

Don't relly want to put the accounts into dispute as that may mess up the plan.

Once again, thanks for the advice, and best of luck to all of you in your "battles" :)

I'm with payplan and have moorcroft as one of the dca

They just automatically send me a letter every month, which i know ignore.

Payplan know about it.

I spoke to morrcroft the first couple of times i recieved letters and its just automatc letters, in the hope they you may pay them off or more than payplan are giving them.

Do you forward all your letters to payplan, because thats what i do, then they will contact the dca's.

Thanks PKea

Yes I do send the letters to Payplan, and they were the ones that told me Westcot still own the debt and weren't dealing with Regal. I suppose it's just people trying it on, but I'm still puzzled as to where Regal came into this

Take Care