BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Tiz Wurse Den Wonga... Mai Hert Iz Bruken       
    • Hi all, the company have just called me and offer me £500 to get myself a sat-nav...   So if admin team want to scratch this topic from the record, please feel free...   If not then thank you anyway 😃
    • use our search top right as you should be ... Lowell claimform   dx
    • Well I don't really want to go to court but I will go all the way no point in giving up now!!!
    • Hey everyone, I am hoping I can get some guidance with a car I recently purchased.   I have been looking around for a newer car and thought I would check out those internet car seller folks.   I found a car I liked and the description said it had all the things I wanted, so I paid the deposit, applied for finance, which I got, and opted for a PCP contract, paid my deposit and got my order confirmed. The car was delivered on Monday 1st June. First I must say that overall I am really very happy with the car, it is almost exactly what I wanted, I am delighted with the general condition, the way it drives and would not be too keen on letting it go if I have no need to do so.   So, the first thing, it was just under 700 miles over the quoted mileage, and I know that's not a lot. Still, that's not the point, the number is excessive, considering the place it came from is only about 200 miles from me. I have spoken to them about the mileage. They said it was a clerical error, which I do not believe, they have however agreed to refund me for 400 miles, which I decided to accept as I figured at least they have agreed to pay for just over half of the miles and did not want to be too unreasonable about it.   The second thing, and this is the one that is really the stumbling block. The cars headline said: 'FORD FIESTA HATCHBACK 1.0 EcoBoost 125 Titanium X Navigation 3dr'. Though the full advert is no longer visible, part of it still is, https://www.buyacar.co.uk/ford/fiesta/fiesta-hatchback/1-0-ecoboost-125-titanium-x-navigation-3dr-73955 and this is the car I bought.   So after checking it over upon delivery, and going around it with the delivery chap, all looked fine, and I decided a little drive was in order.   So off I went to put some fuel in, and while at the fuel station figured I would check out the sat-nav and this is where the problem is, there is no sat-nav. I checked the book, there is no slot for the navigation sd card, no button to turn on the nav, aka, no nav, none.   So I emailed them, and the response I got was: 'Thank you for your email, and I am sorry to hear you are not fully happy with your new purchase. This vehicle was not advertised with Sat Nav, so I am unsure where you feel you read the description you have provided?' ... ... 'In regards to the description of the vehicle, I have checked this on the order form, and the finance documents that were both sent to you and signed and the description of the vehicles reads as FORD FIESTA 1.0 TITANIUM X 3d 124 BHP hatchback.'   So I have pointed out the fact that there was not only a headline stating that the car was Navigation version but further, down the page, there was also a mention of it.   I also said to them, despite me signing said documents, I felt no need to recheck it because the wording navigation appeared several times in the advert which was enough for me to accept it was a version with navigation.   I also said, the order form nor the finance documents also make no mention of other stuff either like climate control, automatic folding mirrors, infact they do no mention any features, only that it is a FORD FIESTA 1.0 TITANIUM X 3d 124 BHP hatchback, so I have refused to accept this as an excuse and an attempt to lay the blame for this mistake at my feet. I honestly thought I was purchasing a car with sat-nav, based on the information provided by them.   I am awaiting a call from them but they have so far today failed to get in touch so figure I would use this waiting time to ask some of the more experienced members about their thoughts on where I stand with this.   Am I in a position for example to ask that they fit sat-nav? If they ask for the car back and put me in a position with no car again how does this work out? Am I flogging a dead horse?   Any advice please would be very much appreciate.   Thanks all.
  • Our picks

markgreen

Nationwide Credit Repair

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4880 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I paid this company £75 to repair my credit file so that I will be able to "once again obtain a personal loan from a high street bank." (Their words). The advert said that the usual cost was £150, but they had a special offer. I know I was stupid to fall for this but out of desperation, I was prepared to try anything, as my credit rating was (and still is) very poor. They also said that if they were unable to repair my credit file they offer a full refund. I knew it was a con within weeks of starting the scheme as I was doing everything myself and they done nothing on my behalf. I finally gave up after 6 months of going round in circles and spending money on ordering my credit file several times. I have wrote to them twice asking for my money back but my letters have been ignored.

Can I claim this money back in the same way as bank charges, or is this different as I voluntarily paid them the £75.

Not exactly the same way, but if you paid for a service and it wasn't supplied, you can take them to the Small Claims Court for the returen of all money paid. Just send a letter before action saying you are unhappy at the service received and request a full refund. Send it by Recorded Delivery, and if they ignore you, raise an action.

I also did this! And found that i had to do everything myself as well, and my file is in the same state as it was when i started!

I think i should do the same thing.

Cheers

It's a con mate. They are still doing it, I've looked at their website. Surely this can't be legal, getting people to pay for a service they know they can't provide. If you decide to raise a claim against them let me know, I will be doing it myself but I have a few banks to hit first. I will keep you updated.

Guest Battleaxe

I got suckered a couple of years ago when I had a CCJ slapped on me, it wasn't even my debt, but that is another story. i approched one of these companies and it cost me about £150.00 I had to do all the work myself. i was so angry, In the end, i refuse to pay the court to get the CCJ removed and wrote to the CRA's putting a note on my file about the CCJ. ithought it was rich having to pay the court to get a CCJ removed that wasn't even mine. It did not affect me getting credit, but what a hassle. these people should be investigated by Trading Standards. They sday they will repair your credit file, but you end up doing it yourself. i think it might come under Trade description or something like that.

Same as me, got suckered in, then sent a crappy little booklet posting some pretty much useless information on it.

I do have their address if anyone wants it, from the booklet they gave me, im going to write to request a refund, if i get no reply ill start a claim.

They have changed their website since i have noticed, sharks.

RESULT.

I sent them a letter threatening to refer my complaint about them to the Financial Ombudsman. And within a week I receive a cheque for the full amount. :)

Guest Battleaxe

Well done markgreen. Goes to show that they can be made to toe the line.

Credit repair companies charge fees and usually send you an information pack telling you how to get a copy of your credit reference file and how to clear county court judgments.

You need to be very careful before paying a fee to a commercial company who suggest they can remove judgments for you. If you apply to the county court to set aside a judgment and you do not have a real reason to do so then you could be in trouble with the court.

The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) and many local trading standards departments are investigating credit repair companies. If you are not happy with a credit repair company complain to the local trading standards department in your council.

You can also check out a website set up by representatives from trading standards, the credit industry and credit reference agencies which gives more information on credit repair companies and what to watch out for www.ukcreditrepair.co.uk

Well im going to send a letter to the to them tommorow morning, recorded, demanding my money back or i go to OFT/Ombudsman,

Gl anyone else doing this.

Well, I don't see that doing much. They're not OFT regulated so you'll be told this after a month or so. Better yet, send them a Letter Before Action and advise if a refund is not forthcoming within 21 days, you'll take them to court for the recovery of all fees paid.