You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

scott808

£25 Charge for increasing overdraft?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4901 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I started a claim a couple of months back with HSBC for bank charges. Last week I was about to go overdrawn again so I phoned HSBC and increased my overdraft. I have increased and decreased my overdraft on several occasions in the past, but always through my HSBC online email. This time I was told that there would be a £25 charge for doing so. I have never been told that there is a charge before. But I excepted the charge as it would have cost me another £39, at least, otherwise.

So what I was wondering was... Has there always been a charge for increasing overdrafts with HSBC? And if I have been being charged, can I claim the money back as they did not inform me of the charges?

Cheers

Scott

I personally have never been charged for increasing my overdraft, I have either done this online or over the phone.

I would ask them for a breakdown of the charge and also why you have never been charged in the past? Has this changed recently? Tell them that you didn't sign anything or recieve any info about this charge. I would try a kick up as much a fuss as possible about this as it doesn't seem right.