BankFodder BankFodder

Pub_Dog

Staceygogetem v Lloyds

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4843 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I joined this group in November and read up on most of the FAQ.

My Daughter has just began the process to get back her accessive bank charges currently running at £90 per month for use of an £500 overdaraft on her current account.

She took the standard Data Protection Act 1998 Subject Access Request to her local branch and requested a meeting with her account manager. She didn't produce the request initially just queried the charges. After meeting with no success in getting any of the charges back or a satisfactory explanation she presented the letter.

The account manager refused to accept it saying that they did not deal with that type of complaint and gave a leaflet titled Customer Service with an address to write to. Was my daughter within her rights to insist that the account manager take the letter and act on it or forward to the relevant group to deal with it?

Thanks for any advice.

In all honesty, I wouldn't waste any energy thinking about it. The answer is probably yes, as they have a customer services dept. (well that's it title anyway) and it has a different address to which that document would have to be forwarded. That could be considered a service for which the bank could have charged your daughter, if she insisted upon them doing it.

Probably would have cost around the £30 mark :)

Sent the SAR to:-

Lloyds TSB BAnk PLC

25 Gresham Street

London

EC2V 7HN

and only communicate via post!

Any questions, just shout!