I need help!!!!!

kez83
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Ive done all the paperwork for taking barclays to court and have just recieved their defence and the aq.

What i want to know is after i fill the form in and send it back what could happen next? will it go as far as going into court or will they settle before then? If it does go to court what will happen and what will i need to do and take with me?

I am very confusded about this and very anxious. I a just worried that after all this effort it will just be thrown out of court which i dont want

Can anyone help me PLEASE!!!!!!!!

hi there

Sorry i cannot help you as im just about to send off my prelim letter. Would you be able to tell me where i send this to? Is it the registered address in London or my local branch?

Thanks

Jayne

Ok.

From what I know and what I hope too.

It will never get to court or if it does they won't turn up or they will loose, but keep everything you need as a reference.

They will normally settle before court and you may be able to get them to settle by pushing them a little.

See my post Me V Barclays. DJHSutherland on the 1st page. Ive kept it small and detail every step Ive taken.

Search the forumn too.

Good Luck..

Thanks for your replys. im just a bit worried that because so many people are claiming now they will take it to court. also i wouldnt even know where to start on how to handle the case in court and what to take.

Sutherland i think you might be in the same place as me except you have a court date and i havent.

I will go and have a look at the aq template and the court bundle.

cheers for that. kerry

Hi there,

Ive done all the paperwork for taking barclays to court and have just recieved their defence and the aq.

What i want to know is after i fill the form in and send it back what could happen next? will it go as far as going into court or will they settle before then? If it does go to court what will happen and what will i need to do and take with me?

I am very confusded about this and very anxious. I a just worried that after all this effort it will just be thrown out of court which i dont want

Can anyone help me PLEASE!!!!!!!!

They are just trying to scare you. Sticktoyour guns they will cough up in the end. Read the step by step instructions again also take some time to read the completed thread in your bank forum. This will show you what to expect.

well i looked at the zip file for the court bundle and couldnt understand what all those 40 pages had to do with taking a bank to court and what they all meant. ANYBODY WITH ANY IDEAS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LET ME KNOW. KERRY

Guest Mumofthreeboys
anyone that can help give me any ideas of the court bundle and what they put together please feel free to let me know as im very confused!!!!

kerry

I've replied to this elsewhere, you should really keep to one thread.

Hi kez ,if you dont understand the court bundle,you really aren,t prepared ,keep reading on here start with FAQ's etc I think Bankfodder recommends 3 days !! What exactly on the index do you not understand? You start with your correspondence with the bank,your list of charges,your bank statements and the rest you print out

:grin:amount WON so far £15,021.27(12 claims):D

Hi Kez

Don't panic. Everything you have done so far sounds perfectly normal.

Please go back to FAQ and read through the step by step guide, it will help heaps and give you links to all the relevant info you need (when you need it).

You are worrying about the worse case scenario which probably won't happen. If your case gets to the stage of producing court bundles etc very helpful people will give you there time and help you through each stage of going to court.

You are asking questions that don't need to be answered yet!

Keep to your own thread and post regular updates and hopefully other users will help and advise at each stage.

I personally still do not understand what exactly a court bundle is. (a gathering of all correspondence, statements, charges etc, the laws you'll be using and a couple of previous court cases examples using those laws!)

I have read a little into it but at the moment I am reading info and threads relevant to the stage I am at - I have sent my claim in through MCOL which has been deemed served on the 10/1.

I hope this helps you a bit, relax.

Regards Steve

thanks for replying to me ive got all me letters, statements already as i printed copies for myself when i sent them it was just the link for the court bundle i didnt understand. i know court might never happen and i may be getting ahead of myself but i really want to be as prepared as i can be.

I never actually got round to preparing my court bundle cos barclays settled in full, but as I understand it, the bundle index lists all the info that you need.

e.g. All correspondence, proof of postage, relevant statements showing charges, full schedule of charges with up to date costs, case law etc.

In the bundle you will find all the links you need for the case law and relevant Acts, just click on them and print them off.

You can also add any other documents that you feel would be useful, e.g. the very basic letter that Barclays send informing you that your account has exceeded its limit so they had to charge you excessively. Just one of these will do, just as an example for the court.

Dont forget any witness statements, including yourself.

I think you can even claim expenses for time spent writing letters, putting together bundles, ink, postage etc. I have read posts referring to this, not sure how it works, or even if its correct, something that you could maybe look into though.

Once everything is printed off you need to put it in order and use tabs to seperate the sections as per index.

You need a total of three copies of the bundle, 1 for court, 1 for bank and 1 for yourself.

On your own copy you can highlight paragraphs and write notes for your own reference.

I think I covered most things, but you should still study FAQ's.

These bundles have to be received 14 days before court date, you may have accepted settlement by then so may not be required.

Hope this has been a help

Good luck

Emz:D

***If i've helped you in any way, please click on the SCALES to the left and add to my reputation***

Barclays Bank - £2238.33 Settled 02/01/07

Bristol & West - S.A.R sent 12/01/07

Read my successful thread

here

'Money can't buy you happiness, but it does

bring you a more pleasant form of misery'

just wondering if the bundle has to arrive at court 14 days before court date then is it just the one bundle for the court or do you send one for barclays ?

good luck kez i have only just started so i will follow your link and see what happens

linda