BankFodder BankFodder

paulnali

mortgage admin fee

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4843 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi can you claim back fees from companys that find you a mortgage,we found a company called money patners who found us a mortgage with kensington mortgages (worst mortgage company ever)and charged us £5000,our mortgage has gone up by £60 in 8 months and now due to go to court on 5th feb as kensington trying to repossess the house for arrrears which we are trying to pay off,can we get the £5000 back.

ali

Hi,

I have already asked this question, as a 'friendly broker' did the same to me. Another broker told me that brokers go to Kensington because they pay the highest commissions.

The answer that I got was unfortunately NO. Because you are paying for a service.

red1

Who charged the £5000 fee, was it the broker or was that the fee you had to pay Kensington?

hi it was moneypartners who found us the mortgage that charged the £5000

ali

If you were unhappy with the service the company provided then you could make a formal complaint against them. I believe you would have to initiate their internal complaints procedure first. It would also be worth finding out if they belong to any professional body themselves and see if they have any procedures for their members. Perhaps the FSA might be able to assist you with where you could go.

5K is an awful lotof money to charge for very little effort.

On what basis did they recommend Kensington, do you have a history of adverse credit?

Did they specify in the contract how much they charged for their service?