BankFodder BankFodder

Joa

Lloyds settles but nobody tells me about it!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4843 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have written to SCM Solicitors to complain about the way they have chosen not to communicate to me the decision taken by the Lloyds TSB Bank to refund the bank charges.

I have discovered by chance that the money has been deposited into my account in a full settlement of the claim. As I rarely nowadays check my account online and the account has been maliciously closed by Lloyds, I could have been unaware of this important development until the date of the court hearing! My court date has been set for 12 January 2007- so it is very soon but the money has been paid into my account on 18 December!

I was unable to find out about it as Lloyds closed my account on the same day- without even writing to inform me! Solicitors have not written to me neither! The settlement apparently was automatically diverted to pay some of my personal loan arrears. I have no idea about the balance of my account when it was closed or the balance of my prsonal loan as I have not received anything in the post and I cannot access it online anymore.

This is a disgusting and unprofessional way to behave. I understand that they are, unfortunately, perfectly within their rights to refuse to provide me with banking services. I also understand, although they will never confirm it, that this is a retaliatory action, because I have taken the bank to court over unlawful penalty charges. I however expect at least a courtesy of letting me know about their decision, of full information about the state of my accounts’ balance and the deadline for their actions.

I have entered the survey and will make a donation as soon as BF sorts out the way to donate for people without paypal account!

Mods; please do not transfer to litigation settled (as there are other issues here too) - at least leave a copy of the post on the main Lloyds forum . Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's disgraceful behaviour from Lloyds. I don't agree that they have every right to refuse you banking services, by settling they are basically admitting that they have acted inappropriately in the first place, otherwise they'd have gone to court. I was concerned that this would happen to me, so I got a loan from another bank to pay off my Lloyds personal loan, and have set up a current account with another bank.

I hope you get what you need from them!

I thought (from what ive read everywhere else) you had to give them agreement in writing that you accept thier full and unconditional offer?

Correct me if im wrong, but even though its full, its got conditions on it i.e. it was used to pay off your loan without your agreement, so surely you can do something about this - like continue forward with the court action, unless they reopen you account, reinstate your loan and give you a lovely big cheque to play with as you set fit (like, pay off your loan or buy a new car)?

**** WON ****

Cap 1 - 07/11/07 - 23/03/07 £165

Ikea - 22/02/07 - 23/03/07 £200

LTSB - 02/10/07 - 24/05/07 £3310

LTSB joint account - 02/07/07 £751

This is disgusting from Lloyds, but I am a bit confused? How can they close an account with money in it?

I closed my account with Lloyds as soon as I started my action, my court date is 12th Jan as well. They can't settle into a non-existant account? Can they..........?

Cococat

I have not seen any conditions obviously and I intent to keep going with the court action; I am hoping that SCM will get their knuckles firmly rapped for wasting the court's time!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]