BankFodder BankFodder

thom

Thom vs Halifax

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4839 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone - just signed up to this forum and spent the whole morning reading through peoples experiences. It definitely sounds like a stressful procedure, but one that would be definitely worth it in the end. My main drive is just getting back at halifax for all the stress their charges have caused me over the last few years.

I've just requested my statements and the people were very helpful. I went in to my nearest branch, and asked the lady at the desk and she asked when I'd like statements from - I said from the start of the account. She checked a few things on the computer, and said that I would receive them within 10 days. No questions asked, no money exchanged.

So far so good!

I hope this will be easier than a lot of the threads I've read - I'm only expecting about £400 in charges and I've read that they're more willing to give in to the smaller amounts.

First of all good luck from a fellow Halifax claimer!!!!!

Have a look at my thread - jaxads - to give you an idea of my timescales, although I do believe mine has been one of the quicker ones! I was given a verbal offer over the phone yesterday for the full amout of £2281 and am just now waiting for the postman to deliver the written offer. I sent off for my statements at the end of November, so think things have moved very quickly!!! The information, encouragement, advice and support on this site are amazing. Go get em thom!!!

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Thanks for the encouragement buddy! also, congratulations with your claim! - that's gotta be a record time?!

I'm going to do the adding up when my statements arrive, but leave it a few weeks before sending my first letter, as I'm moving house at the end of the month and I'd rather have a more permanent address before I start a long postal correspondance.

I have to say from reading the various threads on this site, the amount of advice and encouragement is incredible. I've never seen anything like it!