BankFodder BankFodder

lmb

Received Offer For Full Amount BUT Need Some Help Please!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4895 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all am needing some more advice if you can help.I filed at court on the 19th December after refusing an offer of £1000 they owe us £2418.00!Did everything correctley accepted as part payment heard nothing!So filed at court knowing I would have to start getting my court bundle ready when I get a letter offering us the whole amount of £2418.00 the offer was dated the 28th December but only arrived 2 days ago!Now I've filed at court so phoned them yesterday for the 5th time to get the date of service and it's not till the 11th January!With court fee and interest it takes the owed amount upto just under £3000!Would appreciate any advice.Thanks all.

Hi any advice please would be very grateful.Thanks.

When did you actually file your claim? You mentioned 19th December, but that the date of service is 11th January, this makes no sense.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Hi I filed my claim on the 19th December and was told by the clerk to phone the following week on the 28th December to get the claim number and date of service.I did phone but the information wasn't available with Christmas etc so made several calls when yesterday I was given the claim number and was told the date of service would be 11th January!With Christmas and NewYear they were behind with getting everything on their computer system.In the mean time received the offer from Halifax.

When you filed your claim, did you get your copy of the N1 stamped with the date when you were there?

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

No.Gave my 3 copies and £120.00 and was given a written receipt for the £120.00 and was told to phone the co 2 clerk the following week to get the claim number and date of sevice but as I said only got that info. 2 days ago.

It does not help now but for future reference, make sure you get your copy of the N1 date stamped and take it away with you. Why let them have three copies when all they do with the third one is send it back to you anyway?

I would now write to Halifax, thanking them for their offer but informing them that had you not been forced to litigate then the court fees of £120 and statutory interest at 8% would not have been payable and had they paid sooner they could have avoided these costs and that you now require these additional amounts.

You might also add that Walter Merricks, Chief Ombudsman has stated publicly that the banks should stop offering partial refunds and either settle in full without delay or prove that these charges are lawful.

Thanks Hagenuk.Was a little worried so have just phoned the court and spoke to the co 2 clerk again.In my case it was just unfortunate that I took my claim in just before Christmas.Anyway he has explained to me again their process and I am ok now.The worry has slowly evaporated.At the end of the day Halifax were given 14 days to refund my money or be taken to court they actually took over a month to write back to me offering me the full amount but unfortunately for them I lodged my claim at the court in between.So now on top of what they owe I am entitled to my court fee of £120.00 plus my 8% interest which is £327.55.And if it goes upto the date of judgment the daily rate of interest at 0.53p.I could just accept the offer but £447.55 in court fee and interest is now also owed and I think I would be a fool to let almost five hundred pound go.Will now write to Halifax as you've said and hopefully get this sorted.I should feel elated as they have offered what they owe but will put my happiness on hold till I get the money into our account!Thanks so much for your help.