BankFodder BankFodder

PeterMcG

Urgent advice required for Halifax claim!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4896 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi folks, really need some help.

Halifax have offered me 1062 pounds

This is the full amount they owe me but doesnt include 10 pound SAR fee nor 8% interest.

I called them today and they are adamant that this is the final offer.

The big question is then, if i take this to (NI small claims) court can they contest it and correctly state they offered me the full amount...

Anyone have experience of Northern Ireland small claims process.

Thanks

You are not entitled to the 8% statutory interest until you have actually filed a claim. If you are at the LBA stage and have not filed a claim then your claim does not include interest yet.

Regarding the SAR fee, why hold up a claim for less than 1% of it? Take the money they have offered you.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received