Barclays defending !!!!!

bagsnballs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Quite a flurry of activity of people at the same stage. Me included. I just posted my AQ. Have a look it may help

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/50130-whoareya-barclays-2.html#post475639

With regards to the question about using the court bundle with a claim over £5k. I don't know for definite but I can't see why the bundle can't be adapted to your claim.

I also like your style !!!

I would like someone to answer the Question Please.......If the claim is over £5,000 can the same system be used , it is in fact £7,000 with costs so far incurred ....anybody know ????

Data Protection Act Disclosure letter sent 11th May 2006

Request for repayment of charges letter sent 3rd June 2006

Letter before action letter sent 30th June 2006

MCOL started 20th July 2006

MCOL deemed served 25th July 2006

MCOL deadline for reply from Halifax 8th August 2006

Notice of Judgement against Halifax 15th August 2006

****SETTLED IN FULL***** 31st August 2006 ****

Request for repayment of charges letter sent 1st Nov 2006

Charge was £39 for unpaid direct debit which would have made me £1.20 over my overdraft limit!!!!

sorry don't know how to PM Bankfodder!!!!

Charge was £39 for unpaid direct debit which would have made me £1.20 over my overdraft limit!!!!

I recived a Acknowlegement of service on the 21st of Dec, do I have to do anything now or just wait?

Also dose anyone know if it makes a diffrence that they have closed my account and have referd it to there solisitors as I owe them £100 from them charging me.

ps they are charging me 9p intrest per day and sending in the debt collectors if I dont pay by next week! never mind the fact that they owe me nearlly £2000 Wish I could send the debt collectors in to them

Cab'o'holic

You should, IMO, write to them requesting that they cease their legal action against you until your action against them is completed. Clsoing your account is a danger of beginning action such as this, but it seems they may have closed your account anyway.

You will receive notification from the Court that Barclays have defended, and their statement in defence will be included in that. Some time later, not long I recall, you will be sent an AQ which you MUST fill in within 7 days.

After that, I'm afraid, things begin to get annoying so steel yourself....BUT DONT GIVE UP. THEY ARE TRYING TO BULLY YOU AND THEY ARE IN THE WRONG!

Bagsnballs. Go to Private Messages (top right of the forum section) and click it.

Then 'send new message'

Then in the receipient bit, type Bank

It will come up with all the users starting with bank....

Select Bankfodder and ask him.

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|

Cab'o'holic

You should, IMO, write to them requesting that they cease their legal action against you until your action against them is completed. Clsoing your account is a danger of beginning action such as this, but it seems they may have closed your account anyway.

You will receive notification from the Court that Barclays have defended, and their statement in defence will be included in that. Some time later, not long I recall, you will be sent an AQ which you MUST fill in within 7 days.

After that, I'm afraid, things begin to get annoying so steel yourself....BUT DONT GIVE UP. THEY ARE TRYING TO BULLY YOU AND THEY ARE IN THE WRONG!

Thanks for that, I shall send them a letter tomorow asking them to hold of there claim.

Do you know if after I have finished this claim if I win can I claim for charges since, as I have been of on the sick and now maternity leave so money has been tight, I told Barcleys this and asked if they would hold the charges on my account and they told me to ask help from relatives as they could'nt so they closed my account the baskets, so I want to get as much back of them as possible for beeing so mean! sorry for rant

Past laws etc I will only include ones that are pertinent

They all are. They wouldn't be in there if they weren't. :-)

My rule of thumb is that I won't be putting anything in that I cannot defend, answer questions on or understand. I think the judge will think I am incompetent if I have included things on the basis I found it on the cag site. I think the key to what I am trying to say is 'if you include it ~ make sure you know it'.

Absolutely right, and exactly the way to approach things. :-)

Received defence from Barclays today with AQ which seems to be about the same as most people get.

Main defence seems to be that I consented to the charges when i signed the contract but as we all know about the UFTCC1999 this is irrelevant. The main question is if barclays are to defend on the terms of the contract shouldn't they have included a copy with there defence as I know I have to provide any document I intended to use in court.

I have the AQ to fill out as Barclays is defending and am uncertain if I can use the same basic court bundle as I have an idea any small claims case has to be under £5,000/..... I would be very grateful if you could help explain this .

I have asked Bank fodder to answer this.....

Received defence from Barclays today with AQ which seems to be about the same as most people get.

Main defence seems to be that I consented to the charges when i signed the contract but as we all know about the UFTCC1999 this is irrelevant. The main question is if barclays are to defend on the terms of the contract shouldn't they have included a copy with there defence as I know I have to provide any document I intended to use in court.

That's an interesting point...Although I think that the fact that they have written the relevent clauses out (paras 3 and 4 I believe in the AQ) and the fact you are claiming, would suggest you are aware of the contract and have signed it - in a way, your first letter for a SAR is confirmation of acknowledgement of the contract between you both?

anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

(I've put this in brackets so no-one else will see and get annoyed with you - you may even be able to edit the post out! You should go to the FAQ bit and read through them and then download the court bundle - sometimes ppl get a bit annoyed about the same Q's coming up again and again!)

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Persomally I find it very hard to take in the all the information available on this site and try to carry on running my life/business (despite the banks efforts to bankrupt me ) sometimes its a bit too time consuming to read everything ...........I would be grateful if a site helper would tell me how to link in a pm ???

You're right it is difficult but ask your question, if you dont get a good reply ask again and again until you do.

The easiest way to pm someone I find is look at a thread they have posted on, click on their name and a little box appears and one of the options is to PM...

I have asked a PM and have been told to link it to my thread ...that is the next thing I need to know ....and then I need to remember how to do it again next time !!!!!!

Open your thread, double click on the address bar where your thread is, right click and select 'copy', go back to the thread where you were and want to post a link.

In the reply box, Right click again and select 'Paste'

The link will then appear in your post :)

Try it :)

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|

It makes my head go all dizzy just reading the instructions !!!!!

I am trying to ask Bankfodder a question and link it to him in which I don't think is quite the same as linking it to a thread but I am happy to be corrected or have it done for me !!!!