BankFodder BankFodder

bagsnballs

Barclays defending !!!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4835 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Help ........ please...... Barclays are defending my friends claim ........... the case has been transfered to a local court and she has a whole pack of forms to fill out....more money to pey out .....what should we do ??.......It is an allocation questionaire .....

Data Protection Act Disclosure letter sent 11th May 2006

Request for repayment of charges letter sent 3rd June 2006

Letter before action letter sent 30th June 2006

MCOL started 20th July 2006

MCOL deemed served 25th July 2006

MCOL deadline for reply from Halifax 8th August 2006

Notice of Judgement against Halifax 15th August 2006

****SETTLED IN FULL***** 31st August 2006 ****

Request for repayment of charges letter sent 1st Nov 2006

Charge was £39 for unpaid direct debit which would have made me £1.20 over my overdraft limit!!!!

I'm quite new to all this but from what I have read if you look at the FAQ's which you can find on site map above that will help and if u look in the library there is a 'court bundle' you can download to help you. Have a search around the site and it will really help.

It's OK, they always do that. Follow the instructions in the Step-by-step section, fill everything in, send the money etc etc. They won't go to court, they'll settle just before the court date. I'm expecting my Allocation Questionnaire in a week or so.

You're nearly there now!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 06/11/2006 - no statements yet

Prelim Letter sent 13/11/2006

"Sorry you're unhappy" received 16/11/2006

LBA sent 27/11/2006

Reply to LBA with 50% offer received 01/12/2006

"Thanks, but no Thanks" sent 01/12/2006

MOCL filed 11/12/06 - deemed served 17/12/06

MOCL acknowledged 29/12/06

Non compliance with S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent 04/01/07

Statements Received 08/01/07

MOCL Defended 12/01/07

AQ received 17/01/07

AQ done and delivered 19/01/07

Court date 22/05/2007

Thanks for the support it's so hard to keep going especially paying out more money straight after xmas ....

Charge was £39 for unpaid direct debit which would have made me £1.20 over my overdraft limit!!!!

I've just received notice of a defence being submitted as well ... scary stuff!

I've received Notice of Defence as well - hang on in there.

Received the defense through today too -- along with the allocation questionnaire and the £100.00 bill ...eek....although nearly there guys!

Cheryl :roll:

Barclays Account 1 ~ March 11th *WON* ~ £2600.00

Barclays Account 2 ~ Awaiting court date.

MBNA ~ May 2nd ~ £440 *WON*

HFC ~ April 3rd ~ £380 *WON*

HFC #2 ~ May 10th ~ £75 *WON*

Egg #1 ~ Pending

Egg #2 ~ Pending

me too. I have had the aq forms to fill in and am afraid that they will actually take me to court i hope they dont as i wouldnt know what to do next. anyone got any advice on what they have been through PLEASE!!

don't worry,go to Bank Templates Library,here you will find the Allocation Questionnaire template and also Bookworms court bundle(just print it all out)everything you need is there .

good luck all.

At least we all know we are not alone in this !!!

well ive looked through the court bundle and cant understand any of it and what it has to do with taking barclays to court. do i just need to print out and send off or do i need to understand it or what????? im confused. HELP!!! :confused:

Barclays defended in my cases all so. I completed the AQ, then got an order from the court to provide the defendant and the court with schedules for each claim, despite barclays already having had this 4 times. Anyway I have done this and am now waiting for the judge to decide whether to have a full or directions hearing (not sure what that is).

I did not send the whole bundle only what the judge asked for. However, when I get my date I will have the court bundle to hand, having read it inside out so that I can quote verbatim and 'appear' to know what I am doing if this gets to see the inside of a court. Which it looks dangerously like it might now.

Captital One :) :Settled in full at LBA £676.00

Barclays 1 :rolleyes:

05/01/06.

Court date set 13th April

Barclays 2 :rolleyes:

Barclay Card::p

Monument: :p

All my cases are being heard at the same time for 2.5 hours

Guest Mumofthreeboys
well ive looked through the court bundle and cant understand any of it and what it has to do with taking barclays to court. do i just need to print out and send off or do i need to understand it or what????? im confused. HELP!!! :confused:

You will need to plead your case and you would do this by submitting your court bundle, should it get that far. Litigation shouldn't be taken lightly, you are taking a huge company to court afterall, they won't just roll over.

thanks for the two replys. i may be stupid but im still confused!!!

do i need to print the whole amount of the court bundle or are there certain parts that will apply to me?? i know i have to send schedule of charges to the bank and the court and will do this on monday but what about getting ready to go to court. No one has really written what they used in their court bundle and why???

hi there mum. i have already found the court bundle and have found it of no use as i dont understand it. No i havent been asked to send it to court yet but i want to get it all ready so its not left til the last minute. All i really want to know is do i print the whole lot out or just certain parts??

kerry

Guest Mumofthreeboys

This is from BW's instructions: "Think carefully about your own situation, and adapt the bundle (and the index) accordingly. This is meant to save you looking all over the place for the right information, but it is not a complete bundle in itself!" In other words, yes, all of it and anything else you think relevant.

oh right cheers for that i will have a proper read through and try to understand it the best i can!!!

That is what I am doing, reading it all till I understand it and then picking out the relevant bits to me. At the moment I have only sent in exactly what the judge had requested, which is my schedule, the court clerk said that anything else at this stage will not be needed. When I get my date (which hopefully will be in the next 6 weeks) I will most definetly provide an index, as described in the bundle and include all correspondence, a copy of the relevant statements etc. Other things in the bundle such as OFT statements etc I will include, ensuring that I know them enough to discuss them. Past laws etc I will only include ones that are pertinent and that I understand. My rule of thumb is that I won't be putting anything in that I cannot defend, answer questions on or understand. I think the judge will think I am incompetent if I have included things on the basis I found it on the cag site. I think the key to what I am trying to say is 'if you include it ~ make sure you know it'. Hopefully it won't go all the way to court as it appears that the bank is settling a few days before. Here's hoping. Keep me posted, it looks like we are at roughly the same stage.

Captital One :) :Settled in full at LBA £676.00

Barclays 1 :rolleyes:

05/01/06.

Barclays 2 :rolleyes:

Barclay Card::p

Monument: :p

All my cases are being heard at the same time for 2.5 hours

i received notice of defence last week, i'm readying to send my AQ off early next week.. don't fret, it appears to be a pretty standard procedure on Barclays part; take you right up to the wire, then fold like a shamefully weak hand in poker..

:cool: Barclays claim for £1,460

10/06/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent.

21/06/06 - Statements received.

05/10/06 - Prelim letter sent.

19/10/06 - LBA sent.

02/11/06 - Offer received for £700.

12/11/06 - Rejection letter sent.

23/11/06 - MCOL submitted (£1,890.27 with 8% interest).

24/11/06 - Charges schedule sent to bank & court.

28/12/06 - Barclays file defence/AQ received from court.

14/01/07 - AQ & charges schedule sent to court.

Another one with a defence and AQ to complete here guys :)

As all of you, Im readying my defence/AQ. ALthough Im holding off til Kaazzaaaw (or whatever his name is) in the Lloyds forum has has a response by Lloyds / the time expires (17th Jan I think). My AQ is due in on the 21st. So that will still give me 3 days to complete and submit it ;)

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|

thanks for that maria i will just wait to see what happens when i send back my aq form and in the meantime send off my schedule. ill have a go through but dont think ill be able to understand it. keep me posted on what you put in your bundle. kerry

The claim I am helping a friend with is over £5,000 can we still use this court bundle...????

Assuming its £5k with the interest then yes I should think so.

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|

ive no idea im sorry