BankFodder BankFodder

martinhw

Recorded Delivery via Royal Mail

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4839 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I sent off 16 letters for SAR on the 15th of December.

11 show as delivered by Royal Mail.

I telephoned Royal Mail Customer Services regarding the remaining letters not showing as delivered. The lady apologised and said they would still be delivered, and to ring in a week's time to check if they have been delivered yet. I have the tracking numbers, and can check the website myself.

My question is however, how does this affect my timetable for SAR requests. Do I still stick to my dates or does time only start ticking from the date RM show it as delivered?

The other question is I have had a letter from Capital One saying they are looking into the matter, but their letter shows as still to be delivered! So how acurate is RM system?

3 letters to Lloyds are addressed to a specific person - their data manager. These 3 letters are showing as not delivered. Do I assume that the bank will only let the named person sign for the letters?

Lloyds TSB (C.Acc) **WON - Fully Settled**

NatWest - £1367.96 - N1 Filed - AQ Compl

Lloyds TSB - Select Loan PPI - £4629.52 - N1 Filed - Settlement rejected

Lloyds TSB Credit Card - £373.48 - N1 Filed

MBNA Credit Card - £791.52 - N1 Filed

Capital One - £746.67 - N1 Filed -** Settlement awaited **

Halifax Credit Card - £836.12 - N1 Filed

Paragon Personal Finance - S.A.R 15/12/2006

Littlewoods - £834.43 - N1 Filed

Barclaycard - £1145.00 - N1 Filed

My Wife:

Natwest Current Account - £1197.98 - N1 Filed at Court

Capital One - £1150.94 - N1 Filed - **Settlement offer rejected **

Littlewoods - £1405.48 - N1 Filed

8-) PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS! 8-)

PERSONALLY

I never bother with the orange signed for. Find it a complete waste of time. They do not update in time, there is no urgency for it to be delvered and is only said as being received at the post office and if it is delivered at the destination.

I always send things Special Delivery so I know its there the next day, signed for and when it is received.

With regards the DPA time limit. Remember if they have not received it and can prove they havent as you will say I sent it with HN **** **** *GB reference, they can check online like you and say well its never been received.

Hope that helps

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

I wouldn't bother with Recorded Delivery for the rest of your letters which you send to the banks - ordinary First Class post will do. You will probably find that all of these letters have actually been delivered and you will get responses from the banks but when the bank receives 50 sacks of mail a day for example it is easy for several RD items to be in the bags without RM knowing so they do sometimes get delivered without a signature.

By the way - you only need to send one S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to each organisation, no need to send three to Lloyds.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I wouldn't bother with Recorded Delivery for the rest of your letters which you send to the banks - ordinary First Class post will do. You will probably find that all of these letters have actually been delivered and you will get responses from the banks but when the bank receives 50 sacks of mail a day for example it is easy for several RD items to be in the bags without RM knowing so they do sometimes get delivered without a signature.

By the way - you only need to send one S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to each organisation, no need to send three to Lloyds.

The reason I sent 3 is because they have 3 separate credit agreements.

1)Current Account with overdraft

2)Personal Loan

3)Credit Card

If only 1 request was sufficient - I've made an error.... :)

Lloyds TSB (C.Acc) **WON - Fully Settled**

NatWest - £1367.96 - N1 Filed - AQ Compl

Lloyds TSB - Select Loan PPI - £4629.52 - N1 Filed - Settlement rejected

Lloyds TSB Credit Card - £373.48 - N1 Filed

MBNA Credit Card - £791.52 - N1 Filed

Capital One - £746.67 - N1 Filed -** Settlement awaited **

Halifax Credit Card - £836.12 - N1 Filed

Paragon Personal Finance - S.A.R 15/12/2006

Littlewoods - £834.43 - N1 Filed

Barclaycard - £1145.00 - N1 Filed

My Wife:

Natwest Current Account - £1197.98 - N1 Filed at Court

Capital One - £1150.94 - N1 Filed - **Settlement offer rejected **

Littlewoods - £1405.48 - N1 Filed

8-) PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS! 8-)

Yep, 1 is OK

You are the Data Subject.

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

A single SAR entitles you to all data held about you, so one would have been sufficient.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.