Phones 4 u cheque back promotion

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

My 3 mobile has broken so I have had to return it to 3. The handset in question is not in stock, so instead I have been offered a LG handset.

This however breaches no.12 of their terms and conditions:-

Non-identical handset exchanges will invalidate all chequeback redemptions.

I didn't ask for a different handset, they just gave it to me.

What can I do?

Only thing you can do at the moment is claim cashback when you are supposed to and see what happens. Normally you just have to send a bill in so chances are P4U wont even know you've switched handsets.

It's normally a good rule of thumb to send all cashback claims by recorded delivery. Several do tend to go "missing" in the post

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

Might also be useful if 3 confirmed to you in WRITING the reason for the exchange was a faulty handset, and the fact htye could not provide a like-for-like replacement. This you'd retain pending any comeback from the retailer's cashback scherme, but as Dave pointed out (above) they'll not know unless you tell them.