BankFodder BankFodder

KarlOz

Hi All - Advice needed for long distance claim !!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4839 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all and congratulations on a great site!!

I’m Karl, originally from the UK but I’ve been living in Australia for a couple 18 months and intend staying here for a few more years at least!

My best mate (who’s a financial adviser) told me about this site and from what he has told me and the information available on here it seems like should have a good chance of getting a decent amount of money back for charges and the like over the past six years.

The main problem I have is that I’m not in the country to be able to keep on top of the whole process and to ensure the whole claim scenario is done correctly. The problems with postal delays and time differences etc would make this very hard from Australia.

However, my best mate (the financial adviser) has mentioned an ex work colleague of his who is apparently processing peoples claims on their behalf in return for a cut of the overall amount of money that is reimbursed – no win no fee kind of deal I believe (apart from expenses). Apparently all I need to do is provide him with account details for each account I’m looking to pursue and he will largely do the rest.

This seems like a good solution for me and I should be able to negotiate a reduced % fee given I’m a friend of a friend!

Does anyone have any experience, comments or potential problems with the above??

The companies I could to go after are as follows:

Lloyds TSB (Active Account - Est Charges 1500 GBP)

Barclays (Account closed – Est charges 1500 GBP)

HFC Bank (loan) (Account closed – Est charges 2000 GBP)

Beneficial Visa (Account closed repayment arrangement in place – Est charges 1500 GBP)

Egg Visa (Account closed after default served – Est charges 1500 GBP)

Barclaycard (Active – Est Charges 600 GBP)

Yorkshire Bank Visa (Active – Est charged 600 GBP)

Lloyds Loan (Closed – Est charges 500 GBP)

Barclayloan (Closed – Est charges 500 GBP)

Total Est Charges = 9 – 10,000 GBP (sorry no pound symbol on my Aussie keyboard!)

I’d also want to get Egg to retract the default notice they filed against me as the charges they made had a big impact on me being unable to make payment during a sticky year or two I had, despite me sending endless correspondence to them advise of my position and full intention to honour the debt etc.

Does anyone have any experience with the companies above, in particular HFC Bank, Beneficial Visa and Egg??

My only slight concern is the possibility of having my active accounts closed down. This only really applies to Lloyds and Barclaycard as the rest are either closed or not used. Should I leave these alone and just go after the others??

Any advice, comments or suggestions on the above would be very much appreciated!

Many Thanks and good luck,

Karl :)

OK, your from the UK. I would not use a company that will take from your money.

Do you have a UK address you could use for the above claims?

If so (i'd personally) change your address to the UK one and get the ball rolling. If your concerned about Lloyds and Egg you could leave them until last as it appears you have a few institutions to be busying yourself with!

Open up a parachute account (basic safety net account) when you're ready to deal with Lloyds - I've never dealt with them but I've a feeling they wouldn't close it on First claim (ONLY A FEELING! - check the Lloyds forum)

Best of luck Karl - not needed of course, start a new thread in the relevant forum as you go...

Thai.