BankFodder BankFodder

Mr Spadge

Mr Spadge v NatWest

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4894 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Well, just over 24 hours after finding this site - most of that time spent researching the absolute wealth of information contained here - I'm ready to kick off the first of my claims. I'm starting with NatWest, because, well, they'll be by far the easiest (The other two are CapOne and Amex), and will be a good rehearsal for the meatier claims I'll be attempting later. That said, I may run them concurrently, we'll see. I've got virtually all the statements for the two years I've banked with NatWest, and certainly have all the details for the charges incurred during that period. I will, however, still be sending them a data request - diligently copied from the template on site.

The grand sum of charges is £166, and I've decided to use the contractual interest rate for my claim, which will prop the figure up to around £200. I've used a notional 29.4% for now, but will verify the actual unauthorized o/d rate later. I've knocked up a little spreadsheet to calculate this - if anyone sees anything awry with my sums, feel free to shout. This is how I calculated it -

Interest is daily at 29.4%/365

For the spreadsheet junkies, the final column is calculated as - =Charge*(1+Daily Int)^Days

NatWest Charges

Notional Date of Claim 10/01/07

Contractual Int. Rate (tbf) 29.40%

Date____Charge__Days__Daily int__Charge + int

31/03/06 - £28.00 - 285 - 0.0805% - £35.22

28/04/06 - £14.00 - 257 - 0.0805% - £17.22

09/05/06 - £30.00 - 246 - 0.0805% - £36.57

31/05/06 - £28.00 - 224 - 0.0805% - £33.53

21/06/06 - £38.00 - 203 - 0.0805% - £44.75

31/07/06 - £28.00 - 163 - 0.0805% - £31.93

Total ---- £166.00 --------------------- £199.22

So, two things left to do -

*Raise £10 for the data request fee - yep - times are that hard

*Get hold of the relevant interest rate(s)

That'll do for today. This is fun!

Any views expressed in this post are entirely my own, and either based on diligent research or what the bloke down the pub told me. Prefix any possibly defamatory remarks with "It's just my view, but..." or "Allegedly..." and you won't need to sue me.

This whole process is a bit like a cricket match, isn't it? Long periods of nothing happening, interspersed with brief flurries of activity. I'm kind of extending the former through not actually having ten quid to enclose with the initial letter. Interim I've been looking at the other claims I'm likely to make against CapOne and Amex. Looks like they'll both be around the £300 mark, but spiced up a tad by the fact that I'm currently paying them back through PayPal for outstanding balances. Amex have since sold on to CapQuest, so there shouldn't be any complications, but CapOne are still collecting direct, and I'm not sure what shenanigans might result from a claim against them for unlawful charges.

I'm following a number of threads addressing the six year issue, since, like everyone, probably, I would have a small fortune in charges plus interest to claim from Barclays and Abbey. It could ultimately prove rather tragic that I don't have any statements for those accounts during the relevant periods. I suppose I could always adopt a "sneaky" approach and ask for the statements on the basis that I'm involved in litigation with a third party.

Oh well, let's keep the momentum going; time to research NatWest's interest rates.

edit : how the heck do you get your signature to appear? Mine pops up in the post preview then vanishes when I actually post.

Any views expressed in this post are entirely my own, and either based on diligent research or what the bloke down the pub told me. Prefix any possibly defamatory remarks with "It's just my view, but..." or "Allegedly..." and you won't need to sue me.

Guest NATTIE

That £14 doesn;t look right can you confirm what it says on the statement?

That £14 doesn;t look right can you confirm what it says on the statement?

It was originally £28, but the person I spoke to when I rang up to complain about the level of the charge said that they would knock 50% off as a good will gesture, and so they did, bless 'em.

Guest NATTIE

In that case yep claimable.