BankFodder BankFodder

davthor

Additions Account

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4830 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was advised by a customer service employee at my local branch when I went in asking for an increased overdraft to apply for an additions account, this would increase my likelihood of getting the overdraft...

Or was she just after more commision?

I've never used any of the "benefits" of the additions account, I've had it for about 6 years and downgraded to the standard account last month.

Guest NATTIE

No absolutely NOT

i too have a n additions acount and besides the debt i now have of a £2000 overdraft i have never used its benefits. i pay about £18 a month for it but if i cancel it i think the bank will want all my overdraft back ? i have just checked and i have paid £365 this month in bank fees to barclays . i am in serious debt and was thinking of going for an iva but most of my debt is with barclays what does anyone advise

ok the bank manager at a branch in birmingham told me that getting the additions account wouldn't have made a difference to my overdraft application