Angelclaire v Natwest - AQ sent, offer made, what now?

angelclaire
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received an offer of £1600.00 (which is about half of what I'm claiming)... I need to know exactly what letter to send to reject the claim and go for the whole amount.. (the template letter is for people who haven't already gone ahead with Court proceedings)... what exactly do I do now?

x

YOUR Street

Town

City

Postcode

Date

BANK NAME

Address

Address

Postcode

Re: Account number XXXXXXXX

Response to settlement offer.

Dear [named sender or Sirs]

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling £xxxx

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with court proceedings.

My letter before action sent previously indicated my intentions and i trust this now clarifies my position. You have until xx/xx/xx to respond before you are requested to attend Court and explain your charging regime. You are reminded that there will be no extension to this timescale.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

[signature]

[print name]

You could send this:-

Thank you for your letter dated xth January 2007.

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, interest and court fees, which together with the daily rate of £0.XX now total £xxxx as of XXth January 2007.

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder.

I will be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim.

I am also not prepared to agree to any confidentiality clauses you try to impose, unless of course your client wishes to make an offer of due consideration in addition to the amount of £xxxxx, in order to be afforded this privilege by myself.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D