BMW323i v Bristol & West ER

bmw323i
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just about to send a S.A.R to Bristol & West for information regarding my mortagage with them, which was re-paid in February 2003.

As its just the ERC that I want to claim back, I am not sure what to request from them.

Should I ask them for a copy of the final statement showing sale transaction?

Also, can I ask them for the original Mortgage Agreement which started November 1999, or will this be outside the S.A.R criteria?

Will the Solicitor dealing with the sale at the time still hold my file? cos that might be a speedier route to take, or will they not have any details of the mortgage transactions made?

As I dont have any documents from my time as a B&W customer, I have no knowledge of my account number. I have 6 year bank statements from Barclays showing details of my direct debits paid to B&W. Will the number on the Dirct debit be my account number??

Any advice appreciated

Emz:D

***If i've helped you in any way, please click on the SCALES to the left and add to my reputation***

Barclays Bank - £2238.33 Settled 02/01/07

Bristol & West - S.A.R sent 12/01/07

Read my successful thread

here

'Money can't buy you happiness, but it does

bring you a more pleasant form of misery'

Alter to suit your needs

date

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER : -------------

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organisation. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your responce.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have forty days in which to comply. Furthermore, if i discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them, and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable. I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully.

iam dealin with Bristol and west myself.see my thread. Be warned tho mate, they will stall for time. address your SAR to Ms Bawdon. And be careful she WILL write back to if you send a postal order stating that it is not accepatable (although the information office confirms that it should not be a problem) So might be worth sending £10 cheque instead to prevent them frustrating the procedure. Best of luck il follow your claim with intrest

Ive put together a Subject Access Request letter to B&W, but not sent it yet as I want to make sure Ive covered eveything.

My name

My address

email XXXXXXX

TEL XXXXXXX

12th Jan 2007

Bristol & West

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998 SUBJUCT ACCESS REQUEST

Dear Sir/Madam

Account No: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please could you supply me with the following information regarding the above mortgage account that I held with you for the period of 1999 to 2003.

Please supply all statements/transactions for above account and also the original mortgage account contract/terms and conditions.

The address in which the mortgage was held is ************.

You are required to supply this information as soon as possible, no longer than 40 days.

I have enclosed a cheque for £10 which is the maximum payable fee.

I understand that you are required to properly identify any applicant for access to personal data. Please promptly advise me by email or telephone if any further information is required from me, or whether the information contained in this letter is insufficient.

Yours faithfully

Does this sound Ok, this was a joint mortgage with my partner, so does the both of us have to sign the letter??

I have asked for the original mortgage contract/terms. Will they supply this, as I'm not sure if it falls within the Data Protection Act??

Any advise please!!!!

***If i've helped you in any way, please click on the SCALES to the left and add to my reputation***

here

Emz, I sent Abbey the following as I didnt have a final account...

43 Skint Row

Skintsville

SKINTONSHIRE

SK1 NTS

Abbey PLC

PO Box 287

Stockton on Tees

TS17 6QQ

3rd January 2007

My Ref: x x xxxxx

Request for Information relating to Previously Redeemed Mortgage

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam,

Following on from a telephone conversation that I have just had with ‘Susan’ in your Mortgage Services admin department, I have been asked to request the following in writing.

I had the above mortgage account number with Abbey between 1998 and 2002 (possibly late 2001).

The Address was:

24 Notsokint Road

Skinton on Sea

SKINTONSHIRE

SK1 NT6

I am seeking information relating to the redemption of this account. Specifically what (if any) charges were deemed payable at time of redemption.

I have enclosed the copies of the Year end Summary Statement (showing up to and including December 2001 – including payments made by myself and the year end interest applied).

I have enclosed the relevant pages from the “request for redemption figure” letter/information I received in November 2001. The letter and all calculations are date stamped 15th November 2001. The letter is signed by a Mr R. Corruthers.

I also enclose a copy of the Redemption Product Related Charge Statement.

What I require is the final settlement figures. i.e. what I actually had to pay to Abbey National to redeem the charge on the property. This needs to include all calculations (suitable examples of which have been provided in the form of your own documentation). I now require the final settlement workings applied at the time of redemption.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10(Data Protection Act subject access request fee) which is sometimes deemed chargeable for this type of request. You now have a maximum of 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

My full details are as follows:

Name: Fullyskinted

D.O.B.: xx/xx/xxxx

Account Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Once again, I require all mortgage redemption details for the account number above. I estimate that the mortgage was redeemed in full in early 2002 (approx January).

Yours faithfully,

FS

Enc,

Cheque for £10, (etc)

Their reply arrived today with the final account workings for the DAY I completed the newer mortgage.:)

Now I have to followit up with the request for the charges ;)

Good luck :)

(Im also chasing B&W and got their std reply yesterday. Take a look at my thread :)

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|

Sent S.A.R on friday 12th Jan. OMG:mad: just realised that I forgot to put the £10 cheque inside. How dumb am I??

Shall I re-send the full S.A.R again with the cheque inside this time..lol or should I just write a quick letter and pop the cheque in with that.

Cannot believe I did that. (OR should I say didnt do that)

here