Should i wait for the money to arrive ??

johndes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Today recieved a letter from crap 1 denying their fees are unlawful ,but in an effort to resolve matter without court hearing, sending full amount of claim. It should arrive in the next fourteen days.They are requesting I contact the court to let them know of settlement. What I would like to know is . Should I contact the court straight away? or should I wait for the cheque to arrive first ?.

Would be grateful for all advice !!

Hi,

Today recieved a letter from crap 1 denying their fees are unlawful ,but in an effort to resolve matter without court hearing, sending full amount of claim. It should arrive in the next fourteen days.They are requesting I contact the court to let them know of settlement. What I would like to know is . Should I contact the court straight away? or should I wait for the cheque to arrive first ?.

Would be grateful for all advice !!

Johndes,

When did you file in court?

Have you gone past AQ stage?

Had Crap1 filed their defence?

Have you checked your card account balance?, as they do have a habit of paying the money onto your account before sending the letter out.

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

hi Johndes

you only contact the courts when the money has cleared in the bank

if it has not cleared by the time you go into court go ahead with the case.

as armsoft said keep checking your bank account or your card balance as they do put your money in and then send you a letter.

well done

yet another one down

regards

Dave

Hi all,

Just to let you know, I had a letter from mcol this morning stating that the claim has been transferred to my local county court in Rhyl. A defence has been filed, and I assume, it is that crap 1 are paying me the full amount.I phoned the rhyl county court and the girl there was most helpful. I explained I had a letter from crap 1 saying they were going to pay within fourteen days and what should I do ?.The girl advised me to wait for my cheque to arrive (i had already closed account ).Wait for it to clear and then contact them in Rhyl, where they would do the necessary. She also said she had put a note on the file to say I had contacted them.You cannot believe how elated I feel !!. You would think I had just won the pools !!.Next on the list is HSBC mastercard and Visa.

Hi John

Just wait for a cheque to clear before stopping your action. Is the account still active?.as they may pay the money back into your account.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers