Genus vs HSBC

genus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Found this site through a mate of mine, finally got around to sending my Preliminary Approach letter to the Bank Manager today!

The LBA is all ready typed to go off in a fortnight, very good site, thanks everyone!

Hello genus, Your just a couple of days behind my claim they should have received my prelim yesterday so I will be reading with interest as we're at same stage! Would be good to hear updates if you have them :) My thread is http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/55167-sugaredhoney-hsbc.html

Good luck :)

Christy

Best to send to head office and by recorded delivery, good luck.

I sent the one to The Manager by recorded. Thinking of cc'ing a copy to Head Office now, but after doing a search on the HSBC site and other places, can't seem to find an address. I don't suppose you'd have one?

;)

Hello genus, Your just a couple of days behind my claim they should have received my prelim yesterday so I will be reading with interest as we're at same stage! Would be good to hear updates if you have them :) My thread is http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/55167-sugaredhoney-hsbc.html

Good luck :)

Christy

Sure thing Sugarhoney, will be interesting to see how rigid the system is!

For future reference I send my correspondence to this address

HSBC Bank PLC

8 Canada Square

London

E14 5AQ

But you'll be fine to send it to the bank manager they will forward it on so you shouldnt have to cc it to head office :)

Christy

Excellent, thanks Christy. I think I'll let the Manager do the work this time, just cc a copy of the LBA over to your address when and if the need arises.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Today I received a letter from Colin Langdale, Senior Service Quality Officer, telling me they are investigating my charges and will contact me as soon as they have completed their investigation.

"Oh", I thought...

However, in the second letter from HSBC that I opened, was a settlement offer! They've offered to give me just shy of £1300, £100 short of what I demanded.

I'm going to accept, so I'll sign the form that was included with a short letter to Colin and send it back to the main address recorded post. Then I'll wait to see if the money arrives within the seven day period outlined I guess. Quite surprised at that, not bad at all!

Although in the same envelope were two copies of everything, weird. Either the admin there is so bad they send duplicates to the recipient, or they're so rushed with all the claims, it gets over looked!

Good luck to everyone, I hope it's as easy to get sorted through this site as I've found it, well done.

Girl from Sainsbury's: "Cashback, Sir?"

Me: "Yes, I did...thanks."

Turns to the audience, smiles. Exit stage left....

• 1 month later...

Thanks Gordylar. It was a lot more straight forward and hassle free than I was expecting, I think I must have been lucky with the peeps opening my correspondence at the other end!

I'm seriously thinking about having another go with the Halifax, but they are my mortgage company and it's a bit more worrying than just shouting about my current account. Anyone have any experience of claiming back outrageous mortgage charges?

Cheers!

the advice you'll see on this forum - the mortgage is a completely separate account and as long as it isn't in arrears (in which case they might like any monies received to clear any arrears) they are most unlikely to even mention it. with hsbc - we've not seen any action towards a mortgage when reclaiming charges. actually, rereading, do you mean you are after charges from the mortgage account - that, i don't know anything about. i saw a thread somewhere about early redeption penalties and some other stuff about mortgages - best to put it in the blue st rip above in the search - and have a nose around.

good luck. and very well done on your easy "cashback".

actually - just looking out of curiosity - i guess charges on mortgages are just another charge - just a quick look in the search i found this one -Offer from Halifax (multipage.gif1 2) and their opening line tells us it's for a mortgage. i'm sure you'll find lots of info - but i'd opening shop in their forum and see what flies! best of luck