BankFodder BankFodder

rustyboxx

NatWest gave out other customer's statements

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4840 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there

I'm helping a mate claim back his bank charges. He asked for all his statements going back 6 years and they have just been delivered in two envelopes.

The first envelope contained his statements from 2000-2003. The second envelope contained someone else's statements and it is a good bet that the other person has my mate's statements.

My question is, have NatWest contravened the Data Protection Act and what should my mate do about this?

LOL This is happening quite a lot of lately, i had a bankbook with tens of thousands of pounds balance in it and sod them informed the Sun newspaper who put it to print just lately, my mate phoned me today and he has also someone elses statements, this is purely human error but a very serious mistake to make these days as identity theft is on the increase, if you phone the bank they will just ask you to send them back,, i done this and as a goodwill gesture they said they would credit my account with £75, still to get it 4 weeks later.