BankFodder BankFodder

dido42

how to complain about a manager

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4839 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

:-x i work in a small unit of the local council there are only 9 of us at the moment 4 shifts of 2 people and 1 floater the floater now flatly refuses to cover anymore saying she wants 6 weeks notice of any change to her shifts she changed 2 shifts over the christmas week giving herself afternoons instead of nights which she was originally put down to work meanwhile the rest of us duly work the rota weve been given. Myself and colleagues have told our manager on numerous occasions about our feelings on this matter of the floater and to be honest have been met with "put your concerns in a letter because as far as im concerned its only hearsay until you make it formal". A colleague was working nights( he had a hospital appt the following day at 10.45am) i was asked to go into work at 3am for him to leave early it was my weekend off we work continental shift pattern and that was my one and only weekend off for the month i said no the floater was working mornings she should have been moved but he hasn't got the nerve to ask her how do we go about changing this situation its getting intolerable if we complain the manager is a vindictive as well as incompentent sod and when you work there are only two to three persons in the room which can make it diffucult if youve complained about the two your working with any suggestions

You have two options as I see it - do nothing or challenge the situation. I would write a letter and get it signed by as many of your team as possible and send it to your manager with a copy to his manager (and talk to your union rep if you have one).

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!