Parking Ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was issued with a parking ticket on 27/10/06 for parking my car in a coach/hgv car park. I sent off my mitigation to the local authority specifying that I thought I was OK to park there as the times specified on the notice board was up to 6.30pm. (I was parking at 7.00pm) Had I read the notice correctly I would have seen the 'add on' to the notice of 'No Cars' - my mistake.

The letter came back from the council but they quoted a registration number of KYS202H on the letter requesting payment - even though I had quoted the correct registration number on my mitigation which was KY52OZH.

I wrote back to the local authority explaining that I had no knowledge of the car with the registration number KYS202H.

4 weeks went by and I thought I had got away with it however today a further letter has been received requesting payment but with the correct registration number quoted and an apology for the mistake in showing the wrong registration on the original letter.

My question is should I pay or can I argue the point that the council acted on the original notice issued by the parking attendant which shows the incorrect registration number?

Any help/advise greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Was the registration on the actual ticket that you received incorrect then? If it is correct on the original ticket, then the mistake seems to be a typing error at the letter-writing level, not the issuing level, and so the ticket seems valid.

The only other point is the signage itself - was it unclear, or a tree branch obscuring it, or something to that effect? Or is the writing very tiny? Because if it's the case that you just read the top few lines and not the rest, then I'm afraid IMHO you won't be able to excuse the action.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)