what do i add up in my statement?

paulyc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone i have put alot of thought intothis action and have decided to try and get my money back, horay:p but i have a stupid question.

when i recieve details of all my bank charges (in one month £120)do i add up all charges incurd due to going over my agreed over draft limit or is it only charges incurd due to going overdrawn because of a earlier charge. thanks for your help

HI paulc you really need to read up before doing something you may later regret, take a few days reading up so you know what actions to take.

You can claim all charges, if you were o/drawn due to earlier charges or simply not having enough funds on that day in question.

Try hear and read up as much as you can

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

Have a look at this link for more info.....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/15518-charges-description-statements-please.html

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi paulyc,

Use the schedule of charges template provided on this site. It will save time and effort in the long run, and are easy to use.

Take your time at doing this and make sure you only put on charges that you can claim back (see below)

returned direct debits,

card mis-use,

unpaid standing order,

unpaid item,

exceeding your overdraft,

overdraft interest

total charges

You can update your schedule with any new charges incurred up until the point of making a claim via the court.

After this point, any new charges will have to be dealt with seperately as a new matter. The good news is that it is a lot easier the second time round.

Good luck.

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

hi thankyou everyone for your help. i was wondering if you could help me again? i have gone through my bank charges and added all items that have been withdrawn by my bank, this includes at the end of every month an interest charge and another charge that says charge03 may ac.****** £? this can be anything from 10-40 pound can i add this in my claim? and what about the interest at the end of each month can i claim that? i have read the forum and have found the article on charges, i think i just need it clarified thank you again for all your help.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

hi thankyou everyone for your help. i was wondering if you could help me again? i have gone through my bank charges and added all items that have been withdrawn by my bank, this includes at the end of every month an interest charge and another charge that says charge03 may ac.****** £? this can be anything from 10-40 pound can i add this in my claim? and what about the interest at the end of each month can i claim that? i have read the forum and have found the article on charges, i think i just need it clarified thank you again for all your help.

hi paul,

The interest charged at the end of the month is not something you can claim back. What is though, is the interest the banks make on this interest. If you use the advanced schedule of charges template, these amounts are entered and the interest is automatically worked out for you. You are also reclaiming the interest the banks make if you exceed your overdraft limit. This is also entered onto the schedule and is worked out for you.

The simple spreadsheet doesn't do this for you, it only works out the 8% interest on your total charges.

Hope this helps.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Thanks muggins for all your help. i have put the bank charges on the spread sheet (including the end of month charges - the monthly fee for being an advantage gold member i hope this is right lol). but you mentioned about the monthly interest which i have paid. what do i do with that? do i add it up then find what 8% of it will be and claim that or do i add it to the spread sheet and claim it all back. thanks all again...

Thanks muggins for all your help. i have put the bank charges on the spread sheet (including the end of month charges - the monthly fee for being an advantage gold member i hope this is right lol). but you mentioned about the monthly interest which i have paid. what do i do with that? do i add it up then find what 8% of it will be and claim that or do i add it to the spread sheet and claim it all back. thanks all again...

I have answered this in the pm you sent, might be worth copying and pasting back onto your thread so all can benefit from answer:)

Hope it helps.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

hi what do you mean dates? my charges have started from 2003 to date, i have found the spread sheet which calculates the 8% interest but (i hope i dont sound stupid) what is confusing me is the charge for unpaid dd is £38.00, the charge for a check is £35.00, does this mean that when i am filling in the spread sheet i put in £38.00 and £35.00 or do i have to break these charges up and claim a smaller ammount? I think that i know that with the £40.00 at the end of the month i deduct the ad. van. gold fee of £9 then £10 then £12 but is that all. i know it may sound stupid but i want to make sure that when i put in the claim they dont think stupid sod lol.

some help i have recieved thankyou very much..

If you are using the advanced s/s 'page 1 - charges and interest' this allows you to enter these figures in the relevant columns interest date;interest charged, account balance at interest date; interest free overdraft, interest on penalties) and works out the interest accumilated if you happen to go over an arranged ovedraft. You are not reclaiming the interest they have charged you, which appears on your statements usually at the end of the month, but meerly the money/ interest they have earned on these amounts. The total interest on penalties is then duplicated automatically on page 2 '8% interst' part of the form. These totals are what you are recaliming.

The simple s/s only works out the total penalties charges, and the 8% interst on top of that.

hi what do you mean dates? my charges have started from 2003 to date, i have found the spread sheet which calculates the 8% interest but (i hope i dont sound stupid) what is confusing me is the charge for unpaid dd is £38.00, the charge for a check is £35.00, does this mean that when i am filling in the spread sheet i put in £38.00 and £35.00 or do i have to break these charges up and claim a smaller ammount? I think that i know that with the £40.00 at the end of the month i deduct the ad. van. gold fee of £9 then £10 then £12 but is that all. i know it may sound stupid but i want to make sure that when i put in the claim they dont think stupid sod lol.

Paul, paul you are getting in a bit of a tiz!!!

No breaking down required. The only seperating you'll need to do is if you have had three returned ddbts in one day, for example. Then a charge of £38.00 is entered onto your schedule three times but with the same date.

Meerly enter each individual charge as they appear on your statement

returned direct debits,

card mis-use,

unpaid standing order,

unpaid item,

exceeding your overdraft you are reclaiming the interest Natwest makes on this and the schedule works it out for you

overdraft interest appears on your staement at the end of the month

As for advantage gold, I am no expert as I do not have the luxury of such an account I'm afraid.

Hope this helps.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

paul, the charges over the last 6 years have changed so you need to input the figures on the statements into it. So cheques being returned has changed from £35 to £38 over the years, hope that helps,

• 2 weeks later...

28/02/07... natwest have not responded to my initial letter so have forwarded letter number 2 ( disappointment at lack of communication) today so see what happens next.

I haven't been able read of anyone with my problem. All the charges debited to my account are under NatWest MC (DD) no breakdown at all. I have an overdraft which I haved used and maybe once overdrawn in. All my DD & SO are paid, no returned cheques but under this DD (which I didn't set up) I have been charged over £1,500 in past 2 years. I have no means of calculating any thing. Have sent letter asking for explanation but meanwhile I wonder if this is usual for Nat West ( been a customer for over 40 yrs) Figures freeze my mind and I have failed to keep my eye on their ball.

Think I may need to pay a solicitor to sort this.

Very grateful for any help.

holamiga

Thanks for taking the trouble of asking Paulyc. I only have the past 2 years to scrutinise to hand, previous ones are packed up somewhere.

It's the complete lack of explanation that seems to be setting my situation apart. Just these amounts varying between £50 and £150 (approx) cropping up every month. If they really are unlawful and I have failed to investigate it's mea culpa. I do suspect they could have been keeping me overdrawn, NatWest must really love customers like me. I haven't had a reply to my enquiry (signed for mail) and don't know how long to wait before sending off a SAR. Frankly I am very anxious about any calculations I may have to struggle with. I didn't even realise that NW had been taken over by BS that's how dim I am in respect of my finances.

Cheers

Holamiga