ED and Kathy V's The Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We are probably typical of most of the members of this site and am sending the charges request letter in the morning.

We have been with the halifax for about 7 years as a joint account ( my wife has been with then for about 15 years)

We are just starting with the joint account before we do any other accounts after seeing how it goes.

it goes back to about 6.5 years ago and a job loss which streched our finances as a young couple with a mortgage and a small baby. We had a mortgage with the Halifax as well and when i lost my job we used all the money we could to pay the interest payment on the mortgage so that we would not lose the house. After a couple of months we could not cope and payments got missed and charges started to be incured on the account.

After about 6 months i got a new job and we started to get oureslves back into shape(Unknown to me until i was told by a member of the mortgage team at the halifax that i had payment protection but as i was back in employment i could not claim) but the charges just kept coming as they charge you twice once (28 pounds) for the letter telling you you've missed the payment and then another one at the end of the following month. So like probably many others you don't remember about the second charge and that is the one that throws dd's again and then the cycle just carries on for months and months and until i was earning enough to have a bit extra in the account and that the charges then stopped.

Then after a house move and 2 more babies about 4 years later the same problem happens loss of Job etc but i had payment protection this time and claimed but there was an issue with the payment protection and we had a short fall every month during the claim. This obviously put a strain on the finances and again the cycle of chages started.

Again after a number of months i got another job and things got back in shape. But obviously over the years with the number of failed direct debits.And so credit cards and loans paymnets had been missed and defaults filled against our credit. We have struggled to get our credit rating back on track and are currently with GE money as a mortgage company.

We will keep you posted as to the developements in our claim.

Hi Ed.

Yes we've all been there, but we are now switching on the light at the end of your tunnel.

Spend a few days reading the FAQs and the step by step guide in the library section. That will answer any initial questions.

This is a self-help forum so it is important that you do your own homework. The more you learn, the easier your claim will become.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Your case is almost identical to ours (family situation, job loss etc etc). Tonight I posted off a cheque for £10 to get the ball rolling. Our threads will run side by side I guess, so it will be good to give each other support and see how we are both doing.

Karen :oops:

05/01/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) posted

07/03/07 Offer made of £457. Rejected. Offer remade of £651, accepted.

26/03/07 PAID IN FULL

Your Site Needs You!

and we need this site!

Please don't forget to make a donation!

• 3 weeks later...

you need to send lba letter with another copy of your chargtes once the 14 days are up...presume you gave them 14 days notice in yuor prelim letter? good luck!

statement request - 8th jan

statements received- 13th jan

prelim sent - 22nd jan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi edwardburke1976,

If you look in the Library section there are templates of everything you need, including the spreadsheets (I think)!! Don't add the interest on just yet, that happens when you send your claim off to Court ...which I did last Mon!!

Good Luck!! :)

Hi ed --- good luck with Halifax. I was successful with them earlier in the year and would be pleased to help if I can.

Have a read of my thread to see how I got on :D :D :D

From reading around the site, Halifax do seem to be one of the better ones for refunding - with a lot being refunded in full after the LBA/telephone call. However, you do need to be prepared to go down the court route as this doesn't always happen. The added bonus with the court route is that you can then claim back an additional 8% on your charges (courtesy of Howard Halifax).

Keep us posted as to how you're getting on.

Best wishes.

jaxads x

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek: