BankFodder BankFodder

Delfi

Delfi Vs Alliance & Leicester

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4840 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hey all.

After my boyfriend successfully claimed back almost £3000 from A&L, I thought I'd have a crack at it myself. I am going after the A&L for £1860.58, not including 8% interest :D .

I have read the FAQ's and feel I have a full grasp of what I am about to set out doing, just have a couple of questions that I couldn't find the answers to in the FAQ or in any recent posts from other people.

It says that you should only claim for the 8% interest when you take your claim to court. Can anyone tell me why you should wait till then? I visit Martins Money Expert site a lot and recently he has expressed the opinion that if you want to include the 8% interest in your initial letters to your bank, that you should do so. Is there a legal reason why you cannot request the 8% interest from your bank before you go to court?

Also, along the same lines, I have read that some people are claiming interest based on their banks own interest charges i.e 15.9% etc. Is there any precedent for this? Is there anyone you know of who has successfully claimed over 8% interest, either before or after taking the claim to court?

I am guessing that the answers to these questions will be mostly peoples personal opinions of how to go about things, but I would be interested to know what the general consensus is.

Thanks in advance for your answers and I'll try to keep this thread up-to-date on my progress.

Best wishes

Delfi xx

P.S If these questions have been asked before on another thread, I apologise, I did look. If you could point me towards those threads I would be grateful. :)

Hi Delfi.

I visit Martins Money Expert site a lot and recently he has expressed the opinion that if you want to include the 8% interest in your initial letters to your bank, that you should do so.

This is a little bit of mis-information. The 8% interest which is claimed under S.69 is granted at the Judge's discretion and is not a right. So you should not add it until the county court stage.

The claims for higher interest rates are something fairly new and I don't think it's cut and dried but If you do a site search for contractual interest, you'll find some threads devoted to the subject.

Good luck with your claim.

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....