BankFodder BankFodder

jambleach

Jambleach v Halifax

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4755 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hey guys,

Just want to vent really. In six months the Halifax have had £700 off me in bank charges.

I've been on the phone with them again today, made a complaint about a member of their staff as they were rude, and for the third time they've reduced me to tears on the phone, I'm embarrassed to say.

I earn minimum wage and am virtually destitute. The last time I bought toilet rolls, it ended up costing me £40.

I've just had enough now.

Can somebody say something to cheer me up a little?!

Hi Jam,

don't let them get u down, cos u will beat them at their own game.

Start off by sending an SAR (letter can be found on the templates) this is a request for all of your statements, which they have 40 days to comply with. (remember to include a £10 postal order)

Just to reassure u, i won my case against the Halifax and had £1875 paid back into my account today after sending court papers.

They havnt got the balls to go all the way with this but u have

If u need help with anything just ask

Bank Avenger :D

Hi Jambleach.

Can somebody say something to cheer me up a little?!
I will do my best.

I've been on the phone with them again today, made a complaint about a member of their staff as they were rude, and for the third time they've reduced me to tears on the phone, I'm embarrassed to say.

I hope that you got her name and reported her by name. She deserves carpeting. There is simply no excuse for rudeness, especially to customers.

Right, then, first. Make yourself a big mug of coffee, grab a couple of biscuits, because this is where you start to feel better.

This is a self-help forum, so it is important that you understand what you are doing if you want to ensure success.

If you follow faithfully the well-tried and tested procedures that we suggest, then you WILL get all the penalty charges back, because those penalty charges are unlawful.

Spend a few days reading the FAQs and the step by step guide in the library section. That will answer most of your initial questions.

Post any questions and progress reports here. Any advice you need can then be tailored to be relevent to your claim. Have a read of some of the longer threads in the Halifax forum to get a feel for the action.

Now say, out loud, I am taking on The Halifax Bank and I am going to WIN.

Did I detect a glimmer of a smile? I thought so. And you've not even started yet.

Good luck with your claim.

Regards, Rooster.

;)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Jambleach,

I will get the name of this thread, changed for you to

Jambleach v Halifax.

This will be your "battle-thread".

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thank you both so much for your very lovely and helpful comments.

And you're right, you did make me smile!

I've spent most of the evening crying, but having already received my statements from the bank, I've started compiling my list of charges and spent the last hour going through them all! Hoorah!

Well, I'd better get on with it!

Thanks again!

By the way, it's very ironic that all this has happened.

When I joined the Halifax back in 2003 I lived in Halifax, West Yorkshire, and only joined them because I wanted to support local business. Ha! How stupid I was.

I wish they'd support us a bit more.

Ahhh well; lesson learned!

Well you can get your own back now for them letting you down,:D :D :D

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Yes, let's hope so!;)

Anyway, I've compiled my list of charges now (£690). I've listed them as 'Charges As Notified' as this is the only explanation on my statements that they re-sent me.

I'd really appreciate it if somebody could point out which is the correct spreadsheet to use when making the calculations for the first letter.

Thanks again!:D

Also, I intend to close the account with the Halifax tomorrow.

Should I do this before I've got my money back?

Click here for Vampiress' Chamber of Spreadsheets

Do the first one for the non added interest

and 3a for added interest,

That is what i did,

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

thanks lady! So you actually send both with the first letter then? I'm sorry - I may be being a bit dim but I've read the faqs over and I still can't get it!:(

No, just the first one. With no interest, the interest comes later (at the court stage)

It does seem daunting but once you read plenty it does get easier. Try reading peoples threads to see how they all started, it is easier to see what to expect. But there are plenty of people to help on here. :)

Have you gone back for the full 6 years?

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Well, I'm back again. I've finally got my response from The Halifax. It started off looking like a standard letter, then it stated that I referred them to the OFT for charges on sredit cards. I've never even had a credit card with the Halifax.

Anyway, the long and short of it is that they've declined my offer...

What's the next step?

I guess I just send the next letter right?

Thanks for reading!:p

Oh Nooooooo! I think I've done something wrong! :shock:

Please help!

I sent out the 8% interest with my preliminary letter. Am I gonna get away with this?

Now I need to send off the letter before action, and I need to make sure that I get the interest right. I find it too confusing, and I'd rather not include it.:| No matter how many times I've tried to follow the instructions, I get it wrong. Can anyone help me with this? OR do you think it's still ok to claim without claiming the interest?

I think part of it is that not all of my charges came out when I was in my overdraft.

How should I re-phrase my letter now?

Please help! I've got myself in a right muddle! :?

Thanks so much xxx

This is one for Super-seaside Lady :D

You will be fine with it on your prelim. Dont worry.

You dont need to do anything with your interest yet.

Send your Lba.

Im not too sure which part is confusing you. If it is the 8%, then this will automatically add up on your spread sheets. (Did you use them from vampiress chambers?)

You dont need the interst until the next stage.

F&Q's... Read here