BankFodder BankFodder

Geekusdeekus

Received statements but a little confused!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4836 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all,

Right I have finally received copy statements for the last 6 years from Alliance & Leicester. I have a few questions that I need answering if you would be so kind.

1. I have received a bundle of paper entitled 'enquire upon event history' which basically details all the letters etc they have sent me and the circumstances under why they sent them, is this important?

2. I tend to have 3 types of charges brought against my account A. failed direct debit charge B. Monthly Overdraft Charge C. daily overdraft charge can I claim for all of these?

3. They have sent me statements back to the start of the year 2000 but I read that I can only claim for 6 years, is this 6 years since I started my claim? IE I worte to thm in November so does that mean I can clim back to November 2000? What happend to the charges I have incurred since then?

4. What if I do my maths wrong and ask for the wrong amount?

5. Do I have to add interest at 8% or is that pushing it?

I realise its a lot of questions but I think they owe me about £4k so I need to get this moving and would like to do so in the correct manner.

Thanks for any help.

Well you would need to do your homework, why dont you spend some time reading up faq's and other peoples posts to help you.

Hello Guys,

I have now done my homework and have all the answers except an answer to the following:

They have sent me statements back to the start of the year 2000 but I read that I can only claim for 6 years, is this 6 years since I started my claim? IE I wrote to them in November so does that mean I can clim back to November 2000? What happend to the charges I have incurred since then?

Can someone shed some light on this please?

Thanks.