BankFodder BankFodder

Jessie James

YB's First offer. What would you suggest?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4837 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

Very surprised to have received a cheque from YB.

I am claiming with interest £1800.

However I wrote to them and said that I would accept 25% less (£1350)

YB have now responded saying here's £650 to resolve the matter without the disproportionate expence of a court action.

I am prepared to take this further and go to court but thought that I'd run it by you guys for any suggestions tips or further encouragement.

Thanks for your help

JJ

Return the cheque and send them something along the lines of:

Dear Sir

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx and settlement offer of £ XXX

I cannot agree to your condition that encashment of your cheque would be in full and final settlement and therefore I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and return your cheque.

I would remind you that by insisting your part payment is in full and final settlement and not agreeing to my terms you are failing to mitigate your losses as the interest will continue to accrue on the full amount on a daily basis.

I request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account totalling £xxxx.

I will be issuing a claim in the County Court on xx/xx/xx

First tip dont give them offers, they will see this as a weekness

Secondly remember this is YOUR money not theirs.

Thirdly ask yourself why they are offering goodwill gesture?

Thanks very much for your quick responses

Michael

Great that sounds just what I was looking for.

George

1.The idea for the offer came from the template letters, so assumed this was the way to do it.

2.Thanks for reminder.

3.Good point and exactly what I was thinking.

Thanks guys, will keep you posted.

JJ

1.The idea for the offer came from the template letters, so assumed this was the way to do it.

Are you sure, none of the template letters suggest accepting anything less than 100%

thats what i thought, where did you see that from?

Hi Guys sorry for the delay.

Just to clarify, the letter I sent mentioning a 25% less offer was after they had written saying I wasn't entitled to anything.

I've been following the instructions from Moneysavingexpert.com and in particular

http://www3.moneysavingexpert.com/files/bank_charges_templates/letter6.rtf

If that's any help

Thanks Guys, I'm going to return the cheque with Michael's suggested letter above.

Will let you know how things progress.

Bye

Hi and go for it, follow the tested and proven route and you will get there in the end