I Won!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, im new to this site and need some advice.... i have looked around at some other cases and really want to claim back my charges but my account is overdrawn by about £350 and the bank are going to pass it to their collections team unless i clear it or make arrangements to clear within the next 7 days. If i send the S.A.R to my bank how will this affect me with regards to their threats to take further action if i do not attempt to pay back the overdrawn amount. I know the amount i would be claiming back is far more than what they say i owe them...and it is only the charges they have put on my account that has put me overdrawn....

any advice greatly appreciated

You need to inform them that the balance is in dispute due to unlawfully excessive penalty charges. This will stop them doing anything further until the dispute is resolved. Put it in writing, phone first if you want to.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

• 2 months later...

Hi angry, going well at the moment i think. am about to send my letter before action, as I had a reply stating that as a "goodwill gesture" they would repay £386.00 of the £1437.28 that they have charged me!! lol. I have had pretty quick responses from the Halifax, although i have not had any reply to my letter saying i would NOT accept £386 as full and final settlement.

i will keep u posted

bank avenger :D

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, great news I WON!! :D . I got as far as issuing court papers and the Halifax sent in the Acknowledgement of Service stating that they intended to defend. I received a letter from the Halifax letting me know that this is what they had done, HOWEVER, on a purely commercial basis it would not be worth their while defending, as they would not be able to claim back their costs (even if the bank wins) was what they put in the letter.

On this basis, and with no admission of liability whatsoever, £1875.05 will be refunded to your account within 5 working days.

I checked the bank today and they had actually done what they said, and the money was there.

A huge thanks to the site, and to my mate Angry Banker for all her help.

Note to all you fighting the Halifax - hold on in there, you'll get what you want in the end

A very happy Bank Avenger :D

You dont have to wait for a reply. You do your own timetable.

Prelim wait 14 days

Lba wait 14 days

N1 or Mcol and the bank has 14 days to respond.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .