BankFodder BankFodder

orge

Orge vs Barclays

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4783 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I'm new to this process and just starting out getting my charges claimed back from Barclays. ;)

I've had a read through the forums and spoke with other friends who've successfully made claims themselves. However, whilst I understand that everybody's claim is different, I have a couple of questions before I get started:

1. I currently have a reasonably large overdraft and a mortgage with barclays/woolwich. If I was successful (or beforehand), should I expect them to respond by closing these down?

2. In recent years, the majority of my charges have been as a result of unpaid DD/SO whilst at my overdraft limit. I'm pretty certain that's it's valid to claim these back, but I would appreciate it if someone could confirm this?

3. I also have a barclaycard, which I don't use vey much. I'm guessing this would require a seperate claim? In which case it may not be worth it.

Reading through the posts, it's v encouraging that there is a community to support those who decide to go though this process. Thanks in advance for the help! :)

Orge

1. They could close you bank a/c but Barclays tend not to do this as a matter of course. If you're concerned set up a parachute a/c . See here:

Do you need a parachute account?

Your mortgage is a completely separate contract and won't be affected by a claim on your bank a/c.

2. Yes you can claim these

3. Separate claim for CC

if you need any help whatsoever just ask,these guys are brilliant especially michael browne and welshman.

good luck.:)

Wow! That was quick! :)

Thanks for the replies. I'll post back once I've got the ball rolling.

Orge

I've been waiting about 2 weeks for some acknowledgement of my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)... Is this normal? I'm thinking I should have sent it recorded delivery - was in a hurry to get it in the post+didn't expect this to be a difficult step.

Is there a phone number I can ring?

J

[EDIT: Just spoke to Customer services and they're going to post the statements out in the next few days.]

Right, I've finally got my statements through - although I'm missing some earlier records from before 1999. I've bunged the charges I have into Vampiresses Contractual interest spreadsheet (thanks v much, btw :cool:), as my total claim is unlikely to exceed £5000 - is contractual interest the recommended route?

My two main queries are:

Many of the charges on one of my accounts (a student account) are for £10. Although small, they add up to several hundred pounds, so I would ideally like to claim them. However, I understand that this is underneath the OFT threshold of £12? Does anyone have experience of claiming back charges lower than this value?

Secondly, this student account is missing some records from 95-98 - about 2.5 years, in total. Obviously, these are way before the 6 year limitation, what's the concensus on pursuing a claim for charges which were outside that time limit? Should I wait until I've obtained these records or proceed with what I have?

Thanks in advance for your help,

J

Bump! ;)

Claim contractual if you are happy to argue your case to a judge - people have been successful in claiming, and I am using Vamp's contractual spreadsheet as well - so I'd say GO FOR IT!

I am claiming my old £5 charges from 1999 (well the one I had!) which was also from a student account. Since Barclays offered my half of my claim, that included the £5, then I'd say they are treating all fees the same, and although OFT said £12 is a max, it is still placing the onus on the bank to prove how much it costs them to have manual intervention on your account.

If you sent a SAR and you are missing info, then contact them and explain this, a full SAR should give you access to ALL info they hold on you - the time specific significance is more what they'll argue in their defence rather than prevent you from obtaining records.

Hope that helps!

and good luck!

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Peter.

I'll be giving the contractual interest route a go. I'll chase them up for the missing records, as well.

Cheers,

James