Reliable Collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cheeky so and so's aren't they!

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ur not wrong there!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

hi all ,i had a letter off reliable this morning saying they know the debt is unenforceable but its a debt none the less and they would be issuing a default on it anyway! ive previously told them if theres no agreement they i havent agreed they share my data and i wanted all data shared to be removed.i think im going to have a word with trading standards monday morning.they have had the 12 days for signature plus the 30 days now and still are asking for money,same as marshall ward

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Let me know how you get on archer :)

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

will do,ive sent an enquiry to consumer direct this morning asking lots of questions,theyre normally back to me within a couple of days so hopefully by monday tuesday! fingers crossed

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Good going - it'll be interesting to see what they say because relaible collections are really pushing their luck lately! Keep at it xxxxxx

whoops consumer direct have replied the email saying theyve referred it to trading standards ,they are to get back to me within 5 days

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

It'll be interesting to see what they say Archer :D I'll keep an eye on the thread xxxx

hey all.... that letter about calling at your house, what they actually mean is they are going to phone you..... its phrased in a way that they think will scare you. my last letter to them telling them i feel i was entitled to compensation for them not being registered correctly causing me distress as to the processing of my personal data has been forwarded to their legal department.... hmmmm ;)

lol that should be interesting! wonder what theyll now? are they still harrassing you?

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

another letter dropped through the door today asking for money! still not heard off Trading Standards

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

yea they never seem to get the message although they havent phoned all week!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Just to update everyone.

I recieved a letter today from Simply Be (they had been writing to me via reliable collections)

The letter simply states that my amount owed = £0.00 and has been passed for recovery to interim justia ( another dca)!

Really odd if you ask me and a total waste of paper but I'm saving it in my folder until this is all over:D

caz they say you owe nothing but are giving it to a DCA? cant wait for them to write and tell you to pay all the balance(£0) or theyll take you to court! lol

i had a phone call off them today,nut its the first for more than a week!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Offer to make them token payments of £0 per week for 100 weeks. :p

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

ok had the following letter off them this morning.have posted it on my thread but just thought id show it to you all

consumer credit act 1974

we have complied with our obligations under the consumer credit act 1974 to supply you with a "True Copy" of your credit agreement,which need not,by law, contain either the signature of the debtor or the date of the signature in our case.

having been provided with this "True Copy" on 21st march 2007,there is no basis for you to allege that you are exonerated from payment or that we are in breach of our obligations under the Act.

data protecetion 1998

we obtain consent to process our customers data at the point the account is opened NOT when the credit agreement is executed.reaspectfully,we believe you are confusing out agreement with banking agreements which,being the sole point of contact,contain all of the necessary processing consents required by law.In our case we recruit customers to the catalogue by reference to a detailed Data Protection rubric at the point of OPENING the account AND BEFORE any processing takes place or any decision is made by the company or the customer regarding credit.

this rubric is comprehensive,has been seen by the Information Commisioner,ans is standard across the mail order industry.Not only does it cover the elements of obvious processing it also alerts customers to non-obvious uses of data such as recording account transaction details and the recording of defaults with licensed credit reference agencies.

your position on lack of consent by virtue of you not having signed a credit agreement is,in our case,not tenable.you opened the account in XXX 2006.in your case we have obtained consent to process data and a copy of the data protection rubric in use at the time the account was opened can be supplied if required.

we do not accept that we have processed any personal data on this account either illegally or unlawfully.

if you choose not to make further payments,the account will default as a result of non-payment and will be reported to the relevant licensed credit reference agencies

we trust this clarifies matters and await hearing from you in due course

if anyone knows anything about this id be grateful for the information!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

LOL nearly spit my tea out! thanks for the verification tiglet.they hadnt sent me an agreement with the signature blocked out just an agreement similar to what they wouldve sent out!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

tiglet ive read on here they cant default me while theyre in default so do u have any idea how i can have the default removed if they do default me?

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Yes, you need to write to the credit refernce agencies stating that they in default. And I'll give the same advice I always give here - REPORT THEM TO THE OFT! If enough people do, they'll mend their ways and it will strengthen your case to have any default removed.

Have you checked your credit files to see whether they have filed a default as yet?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

ive reported them to OFT who have transferred it to trading standards as they have gone past the 12 days and subsequent 30 days after i asked for the agreement.i havent checked yet as to whether theyve put a default on as im waiting til the middle of may cos ive asked a few companies to stop transmitting data

thank you :D

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

• 5 months later...

hiya, just need a hand with some wording of a letter if ok?

its to reliable collections, who havnt provided a credit agreement since being asked in dec. they have admitted there is none and its unenforceable, but are saying they can keep my data, and now have had a letter telling me the debts being sold. i know thy are in the wrong, but could someone help me sound a bit more professional than 'dear RC, **** off'

thanks!!;)