You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hey, thank you very much again for your replies!   - We go to the branches and ask for business accounts, but as I give them my personal name they register them as sole trader accounts in their systems, regardless of my company name being on the agreement.  Suspended our services for high volume messaging -- that is not explicitly covered in terms and conditions Send us letters referencing wrong terms and conditions that we did not sign Terminate the contract and come with a random balance number. We argue unsuccessfully, but they don't follow up with the requested deadlock letter. Pass our account to Lowell in 2017 I pick the account back up when I notice it is affecting my credit file in 2020 I work on the case for about three weeks and file a complaint with CISAS I give Lowell my contract and they see it is my company's name on it so they pass it back to Vodafone Vodafone wants to settle my account quoting they should not charge me anything on the first place and they offer £250 as a compensation for distress. I mistakenly accept the offer because of confusing wording and thinking that the third party adjudicator was already involved in the case, although they would basically get involved on the later stage.  I make a complaint as per CISAS and try to reverse the settlement in the system and have third party adjudicator having a proper look into my case and hopefully reward me a much fairer compensation for all the damages.    I have made a SAR request with both Vodafone and Lowell so far, but still waiting for the Vodafone to send it.    I am now waiting for CISAS to respond, but because I am still upset how much damage this has caused me I am considering taking them to small claims court.  For that I am researching what are the acts I would have to reference in that case.   Obviously Consumer Rights Act 2015 and then Data Protection Act 2018 and perhaps some acts regarding entering into contractual agreements -- can you help with that maybe?        My main concern at the moment is to how to express claims well in a legal language, because £250 they offered feels just patronizing given that there has been everything clearly written in black and white, yet I have had to go though this damaging and humiliating experience. 
    • Cooling off periods do not apply to faulty items. The cooling off period relates to a distance purchase of an item which is of satisfactory quality. Where an item is faulty then it become subject to the rules under the Consumer Rights Act
    • I understand the cooling off period for online purchases, but this is a little different due to the item being collected/paid in person.    A used item was recently sold by auction on eBay. The seller inspected, paid with cash and collected the item in person.    The buyer is now claiming the item to be faulty.    If this transaction was completely remote and the item posted, I would absolutely expect the buyer to be entitled to a refund.    But as the transaction happened in person would the point of the money changing hands be when the contract is made? Therefore not giving the buyer any cooling off period?   I think this is the key information; Used item Paid in person Working when collected Private sale   Thanks!
    • This article has some useful information on how things are working during the Covid crisis.   https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/jun/06/a-guide-to-probate-everything-you-need-to-know   HB
    • Insurers can't call it a claim if you didn't make a claim under the policy (so they can't, for example, use your call to reduce your NCB).   But many policies require you to report any damage to the insurer even if you don't make claim, and this is usually one of the questions asked when people are getting quotes through online sites. There is nothing to prevent an insurer increasing your premium if your car has been damaged even though you didn't make a claim. It feels unfair, but that's what's allowed. (Insurers' logic is that if you have had a small accident that you haven't claimed for you are statistically more likely to have another accident and next time it might be larger. I know that doesn't sound very logical when it's a tile falling off a roof, but "the computer says".)
  • Our picks

maangov

CREATION - Can't locate acount details :-S Who's responsibility?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4885 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

I'm after some advice after hitting a dead end with my S.A.R. to creation finance. I had a JJB storecard which i remember to have been subjected to a number of charges. I opened this account back in 2002 and the account was closed following non payments late 2002. I no longer have any details regarding my account.

I have sent a SAR to creation who have replied with the following:

Dear

Further to your recent letter regarding a subject access request.

Unfortunatley i am currently unable to trace a JJB Duet account in your name at the address quoted in your letter. In order for me to fulfill your request, i will require some additional details, can you please therefore provide me with your full account number, and any other addresses which may have been supplied at the time of opening. I enclose a prepaid envelope for your response.

Yours Sincerely

Judith Mucklow

Legal Department

How should i proceed now? I know the account existed as it is recorded against my credit record. The details i have supplied are those that i would of opened the account with. If i cannot produce the information, can Creation pass responsibility?

TIA

MikeA

HSBC A/C - WON! - £1,575 Charges, Stat Interest and default removed before court!

HSBC CC - WON! - £1,025 Charges, and Stat Interest refunded

ARGOS - WON! - £250 Charges & Contractual Interest

CREATION WON! - £180 Charges & Contractual Interest

BARCLAYCARD- Court Date Set - 09/10/2007

EGG - SAR Sent 22/12/06, ID Sent 05/01/07. No progress yet.

Dont lose faith:) .

Duet (Creation Financial Services) are responsible for the information they hold on you for a minimum 6 years. This is a delaying tactic and can be overcome. Just do a search regarding missing statements or closed accounts and you'll find something. Legally, Duet are obliged to provide you with this information.

If you paid any of your statements through standing order or net banking, then you bank account may have the Duet account number it was paid into. It may be worth asking.

Hope this helps.

Hi Maan,

I am in the process of dealing with my boyfriends charges for a JJB card with Creation and I sent a SAR. Luckily I had the account number but they don't seem to be too good with their info as they only sent me statements from April 01 to date and some were manual typed ones and others were copy statements. My other half rang them asking where Jan to March 01 was and was told they couldnt locate Feb 01. Although really they should have sent statements for the whole period he had the card (which was well before Jan 01) but Im not trying to claim more than 6 years so I wont raise that. His statements had previous addresses on which he hadnt lived at in a long time so are you sure you didnt set it up at a different address? if you are then I think they may be trying to cover up the fact that they havent got your statements. Good luck with it but be prepared for them to omit some statements when you do finally get them.

Morgan Stanley

**Won 31.01.07 with CCI**

Capital One

**Won 19.04.07 with CCI**

Halifax current & Joint

Verbal S.A.R 11.01.07, stats recd 18.01.07

Halifax Visa prelim sent 26.01.07. Reply 31.01.07 Filed N1 on 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

GE Capital

Frazercard Prelim sent with CCI 27.01.07

Burtons Prelim sent with CCI 22.01.07

RBOS Visa S.A.R sent 12.01.07

Partners JJB card (Creation) *Won* with part interest - 15.02.07

Partners LLOYDS Account S.A.R 13.12.06 - stats recd 30.01.07. Prelim sent with CCI 01.02.07

Partners BOS Mastercard Offered all charges except £12. Refused. N1 filed 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

Hi there!

Can I just ask what address you used for Creation Finance? I sent off my SAR with a postal order, just want to make sure we're all using same address.

I sent it to Equipoint, Coventry Rd, B28 8FE

anyone else use same address?

Good luck with your SAR, hope you find your account details.

Hi Kerry

Thats the address I've used, and we got full settlement yesterday but only after I had filled out the N1, and would have filled it in the court yesterday morning, but had forgetten to get my wife to sign to form.:p

Creation Financial Services--S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 18 Oct

Statements received 28 Oct

PAR sent 30 Oct for £910 Credited £282 as Good will Offer

LBA sent 28 Dec for £730

N1 filled out, but they phoned and settelled in full 19 Jan:D

GE Capital--S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 18 Oct

Capital One---S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 18 Oct

Great Universal(Littlewoods Shop Direct--S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 18 Oct

PAR sent 19 Jan

Nat West--S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 26 Oct

Received 27 Oct

Acknowledgement received 28 Oct

Hi Kerry,

Yes thats the address I used too. I have had a letter now after sending my prelim saying they are investigating....if I receive no reply after the 14 days of my prelim I will still send LBA.

Good Luck :)

Morgan Stanley

**Won 31.01.07 with CCI**

Capital One

**Won 19.04.07 with CCI**

Halifax current & Joint

Verbal S.A.R 11.01.07, stats recd 18.01.07

Halifax Visa prelim sent 26.01.07. Reply 31.01.07 Filed N1 on 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

GE Capital

Frazercard Prelim sent with CCI 27.01.07

Burtons Prelim sent with CCI 22.01.07

RBOS Visa S.A.R sent 12.01.07

Partners JJB card (Creation) *Won* with part interest - 15.02.07

Partners LLOYDS Account S.A.R 13.12.06 - stats recd 30.01.07. Prelim sent with CCI 01.02.07

Partners BOS Mastercard Offered all charges except £12. Refused. N1 filed 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

All,

I used that address too. Recieved copies of statements combined with a couple of computer printouts for other months, within a week.

Sadly my claim only came to £17 before interest, so i'm not sure that i'll bother!

Regards

MikeA

HSBC A/C - WON! - £1,575 Charges, Stat Interest and default removed before court!

HSBC CC - WON! - £1,025 Charges, and Stat Interest refunded

ARGOS - WON! - £250 Charges & Contractual Interest

CREATION WON! - £180 Charges & Contractual Interest

BARCLAYCARD- Court Date Set - 09/10/2007

EGG - SAR Sent 22/12/06, ID Sent 05/01/07. No progress yet.

mangove does your credit report/file state the account number. Equifax and experian usually do.

If not then that also leaves the CRA open to breach of dat protection as they are displaying incorrect information and nobody can prove otherwise. get you default/history removed!