Mike220359

Mike220359 v Blair Oliver & Scott **I won**

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3126 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

A fanatastic result and well done Mike!!!!!!!!!!

This is excellent news, I am paying both BOS and DLC, and I am definately going to take this route.

I will do the CCA requests tomorrow recorded delivery and not signed.

Just one thing if the 12 day period lapses with no CCA arriving, do I stop paying the parasites?

Cheers very promising news and lets all take the b***ards on !!!

Thanks

Shelbelle:D

Wow! I am so impressed. I am new here and probably should be posting a introduction elsewhere on the site but I am just starting to work my way around it...

How did you guys know what to do in the first place? How do I know which creditors I can send a request for the credit agreement to?

I feel so scared -- those folks at Blair et al are so horrible!

Edited by magicalfc
change of mind

Got your email with all the info, I dont reply on here very much these days because I find it very difficult to trust people especially when dealing with cases centreing on the organisms at Rosyth, but PM me and see wher we go from there. All info will be treated confidentially.

Mike

• Haha 1

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Hi Mike

Well done in sorting out your problems, seems i've got a few know lol.

Got 6 credit cards that i owe money on, Barclay card is one and you know how they preform with there customers. Been contacted by Mercers saying i need to contact them, know they've referred it to Power2Contact i thought they where a power company lol.

The thing is as i'm knew on here how do i start with replying to them, my friend who's a chartered accountant started writing to the Credit card companies.

But they replied to me that they do not speak or contact third parties.

I also like to mention i'm know on benefits through illness.

Gary

Bump

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Hi Mike, I am in a similar situation to yours in that about 13-14 years

ago I decided to take out a consolidation loan of approx £8k (can't remember who loan was from). Unfortunately

due to losing my job at the time I fell behind with my payments and was struggling to buy a loaf of bread and had a new baby in the house too.

My debt was passed to Blair Oliver Scott and I have been paying off a minimal amount(approx £60pcm) ever since. The last time I actually spoke with them on the phone about a year ago my debt was around the £5k mark:eek:

Since Blair oliver Scott took over the debt I haven't recieved a single statement showing any payments that I have made in this time(is that right/legal?).

Now, when I took out the loan the only thing I remember signing was some form that came when the delivery guy arrived with the cheque.

Basically I am now wondering if my aggreement was legal, anybody

got any ideas on this as this will be grinding on for another 10 years.

Thanks in advance.

@raptorman: sorry to hear of your trouble. I'm in deep [north of £50k]. I didn't plan it that way; my marriage failed, and my business went down as I was in court arguing over the kids. It's turned into a never-ending car-crash.

Four years on I'm still not working, so I simply don't have the money to repay the debt. I have offered all of my credit cards a settlement, but most rejected it.

Given that I've done my best to pay back what I can, I'm now asking for copies of my original consumer credit agreements. So far I have one out of seven ...and I'm beginning to think that at least one or two of them simply don't have the paperwork.

No paperwork seems to equal no [enforceable] debt. Can't say that this is how I'd prefer to deal with this, but I really don't have a choice. By the same token, given the way that the banks have been bailed-out recently [they went bust, but they're not being hounded by debt collectors] ...I'm not completely consumed with guilt.

So perhaps you need to start querying what paperwork exists for your debt.

There are some templates here: The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Good luck!

Edited by yoyoscot
duplicate phrase

Something completely rotten is going on here. I've just been reading lots of threads in here about Blair Oliver & Scott and Bank Of Scotland. Funny how they have the same initials.

So I decided to check out Blair Oliver & Scott at Companies House.

According to Companies House Blair Oliver & Scott have not traded since 2005 and accordingly have not submitted any accounts since then. (I wonder what has happened to all the money people have been sending them?).

So then I checked to see who owned the company........

Blair Oliver and Scott is owned 100% by Bank of Scotland. The total number of shares in the company is 2 and they cost the Bank of Scotland £1 each.

So for £2, Bank of Scotland set up their own company pretending to be a separate debt collection company purely to harrass their own customers into paying debts that they already know they can't afford (and probably charge them extra fees into the bargain).

Blair Oliver & Scott looks like it is only a front for Bank of Scotland.

I'm going to dig deeper.

Every big bank has a collection of debt collecting companies that it owns, together with their in house solicitors as well.

In fact many of the DCAs also own their own debt collecting companies as well, all with different names and tactics

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

and they don't need to submit trading accounts at companies House either as Blair Oliver and Scott, just like Triton and RBS/Natwest do not have any bills. Everything is paid for by the bank down to the last paperclip so they can effectively file dormant accounts. I've already checked all this out with Companies House about 2-3 yrs ago. It's deception in my opinion, harassing people into thinking they are a dca putting the fear of god into some people unused to these tactics. Drop the OFT a line and the FSA who regulate the banks. OFT regulate the dca's.

Cabot and the Cabot Fan Club Threads:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/73598-dealing-cabot-101-cabot.html

Legal Actions Explained for Businesses:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20492-legal-actions-explained-company.html

Payplan CCCS Advice:

http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/getting-out-debt/128587-info-cccs-payplan-experiences.html?highlight=Payplan

How to use the Forum

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

A click on the scales below is appreciated if my posts were helpful

Do not regard my postings or suggestions as professional advice. If in doubt seek a professional opinion.

PLEASE DONATE IF SUCCESSFUL - Every little helps :)

PLEASE, Do not Private Message me with basic questions, start your own thread and PM a link if you wish, but I will not be able to respond to all individual questions as I am very busy on numerous other things and anyway, others cannot learn from PM's. It also stifles contributions from the vast talent base this site offers from it's contributors and I'm not all that clever really! :D Thank you.

It may be worth someone getting together a sticky explaining the various bank/dca/solicitor relationships .....

I thought there was a thread a couple of years ago, problem would be, where to sticky it for the new visitors to find ....

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.