Mangove V ARGOS ***WON***

maangov
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i think they done it to confuse you.Either write a letter like you intended to do, or let the court know that you had a refund of 25 and would like them to note that on your claim.

Sorry,i'm not much help in wording a letter, got trouble with that myself.

• Haha 1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Letter written:

Dear Sir/Madam

In my letters dated the xnd and xxth February 2007
I respectfully declined your offer of Full and Final settlement. I today note that £25 has been credited to my account for the reasons of ‘Miscellaneous Fees Credit Adjustment’.

I wish to stress that I did not accept your offers as Full and Final settlement and the money transferred to my account should not be viewed as my acceptance. I hereby authorise you to remove this sum accordingly.

You may not have been aware that I commenced legal action against you for the full amount plus interest and costs on xx/xx/xxxx and I would ask that you now refer this matter to your legal department for further instruction.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully,

In post tomorrow!

HSBC A/C - WON! - £1,575 Charges, Stat Interest and default removed before court!

HSBC CC - WON! - £1,025 Charges, and Stat Interest refunded

ARGOS - WON! - £250 Charges & Contractual Interest

CREATION WON! - £180 Charges & Contractual Interest

BARCLAYCARD- Court Date Set - 09/10/2007

EGG - SAR Sent 22/12/06, ID Sent 05/01/07. No progress yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey,

Have Argos responded to your letter yet?

Hey both,

Well sort of! I had a phone call from them a couple of days ago, which the other half answered while i was at work. They never phoned back.

Today i recieved this letter:

Date:
20 February 2007

Dear
Mr MA

Ref:
Account Number xxxxxxx

Thank you for your most recent enquiry about your Argos Card account, which is in credit.

As promised, I enclose a cheque for £25.00 to refund this amount. This will bring your balance back down to zero, as you will see on your next statement.

If you have any further questions or queries about your Argos Card, please call Argos Card Services on 0870 909 1110, or write to me at the above address. I will be happy to help you.

Yours sincerely

Debbie O'Neill

Customer Support

Argos Card Services

So it's not exactly what i was expecting! I rang them to ask why they're sending me a cheque, when they promised this, and why the letters 18 days old!! Retentions (?) informed me that the OFT department must of accidently credited the wrong amount to my card, and as it's in credit, the cheque is automatically issued.

They said to rip up the cheque, or send it back, as i will be getting an offer letter shortly. I explained it had gone to court, so best be the full amount. They didn't seem to interested, but assured me it would be an offer!

Fingers crossed! Will keep you updated.

MA

P.s. If i dont hear anything in a few days, i think it may be best to send the cheque back, with another refusal letter.

HSBC A/C - WON! - £1,575 Charges, Stat Interest and default removed before court!

Hi, i am watching your thread with interest as I received my statements from Argos on Thursday and am about to draft up my first letter. The charges don't come to an awful lot but it is the principle that they shouldn't have taken it. I rang up to ask for some direction as to where the charges were (they sent me a printoff with loads of different things on it) I spoke to a very rude lady who told me in no uncertain terms that there was no point writing because I would not be getting my charges back. :mad: She was very sarcastic and short with me. I have also requested a copy of my signed credit agreement but never heard anything! Anyway... good luck with yours and I will be watching to see what may happen to me! You sound like you've got it well covered tho! :lol:

We are filing our N1 today for SAR non compliance and damages.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/store-cards/72935-mrs-martinix-argos.html

Good luck with your claim. It seems you're almost there.

Lloyds TSB (C.Acc) **WON - Fully Settled**

NatWest - £1367.96 - N1 Filed - AQ Compl

Lloyds TSB - Select Loan PPI - £4629.52 - N1 Filed - Settlement rejected

Lloyds TSB Credit Card - £373.48 - N1 Filed

MBNA Credit Card - £791.52 - N1 Filed

Capital One - £746.67 - N1 Filed -** Settlement awaited **

Halifax Credit Card - £836.12 - N1 Filed

Paragon Personal Finance - S.A.R 15/12/2006

Littlewoods - £834.43 - N1 Filed

Barclaycard - £1145.00 - N1 Filed

My Wife:

Natwest Current Account - £1197.98 - N1 Filed at Court

Capital One - £1150.94 - N1 Filed - **Settlement offer rejected **

Littlewoods - £1405.48 - N1 Filed

8-) PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS! 8-)

Thanks for the support guys, i'll subscribe to your threads. If there's any way i can help i will.

Hopefully i've covered got it well sorted. I'll be more confident when the cheque hits the doormat!

Pudsters14 - Have you clarified what you can claim yet? Mine seemed pretty straight forward. Charges were all those listed across the 'Other DB' line. I've spoken to their customer support line a couple of times, and while they were pretty useless, they understood where i was coming from, and were very understanding. They seemed to know exactly what was going on, and wlmost reassured me i'd get my money!

I'd stick to letters though. Always send recorded delivery, give clear timescales, and always threaten court proceedings. If you have to phone keep it short! The only number i have is an 0870 which costs!

Good luck peeps.

MA

Hi, its about ₤100... but I have also noticed that they have been charging me for PPI which I never asked for and didn't even know I had. So am going to complain about that at the same time. All in all comes to just over ₤200.00. :mad: I am going to draft my first letter now and get it sent 2mrw!

Good luck pudster.

If you have your own thread i'll help where possible.

Today was the final day for Argos to acknowledge. I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully they never did, and i can submit my request for judgement :D .

Do i have to wait it out a couple of days, or should i contact the court?

MA

Kewl,

Will be on the blower tomorrow!

MA

Update: Rang court today. Claim has not been acknowledged so request for judgement faxed through to court.

Court Lady advised i will still need to take in the original (not sure why?!). Will do this on monday now.

Woohoo! Let's hope they dont mess this up now.

MA

Letter recieved today:

Re: Account Ref - xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter of XXth February.

Please accept my apologies for our error in crediting £XXto your account. I can confirm that as requested in your letter that we have removed this sum accordingly.

You have also stated in your letter that you commenced legal proceedings against us on the 21st February. At this time, we are yet to receive further correspondence in respect of this from either yourself or the court.

Yours sincerely

Val
Phillips

Customer Service Manager

Claiming they haven't recieved any court forms. I've just put my application in for judgement. Hoping this doesn't mean they apply for it to be put aside! More time wasted.

MA

Be very interested to know whan you hear anything :)

:D :D :D :D :D

Halifax Bank Account.. Sent 1st letter, to calim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery. LBA Sent on 22.09.06, Moneyclaim form sent on 10.09.06

Halifax Visa Account.. Sent 1st letter to claim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery - Recieved a letter on 21st September to say full amount will be refunded -- £240.00-

Argos Card Account.. Pending.

Egg Card - Pending

DESPIT MY ATTEMPTS TO DONATE TO THIS SITE I DO NOT HAVE A PAY PAL ACCOUNT - JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE TRIED !

Recieved a copy of the Judgement dated March 23rd.

Ordering repayment of the full amount by 23rd March :?

Hmmm, so how long do they have to pay? Or request it set aside?

MA

Ok it's now 4th March - 12 days later!

Rang the court today, and they confirmed that nothing had been heard from Argos. There was no acknowledgment, and no payment. She advises i can send in the Baliffs as i requested immediate repayment.

My only worry is the letter i recieved the day i entered judgement that told me they had heard nothing from the court. Vut then surely they would of heard something when being ordered to pay?!

Will seek advice on sending in baliffs now..

MA

Well my Moneyclaim was issued on 5th April...Same with Egg - Egg have agreed to pay up but havent heard a peep from Argos !

Reckon they are gonna be a tough one

:D :D :D :D :D

Halifax Bank Account.. Sent 1st letter, to calim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery. LBA Sent on 22.09.06, Moneyclaim form sent on 10.09.06

Halifax Visa Account.. Sent 1st letter to claim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery - Recieved a letter on 21st September to say full amount will be refunded -- £240.00-

Argos Card Account.. Pending.

Egg Card - Pending

DESPIT MY ATTEMPTS TO DONATE TO THIS SITE I DO NOT HAVE A PAY PAL ACCOUNT - JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE TRIED !

Hi all,

Been away this weekend so havent progressed any further. I have decided on my course of action however.

I shall be sending a letter tomorrow/Wednesday. Will be warning them that i have judgement by default, and they have 7 days to pay in full before i apply for enforcement. My thinking is - if they are going to set aside, i'd rather they do it now, than in 2/3 weeks time when enforcement lands on the doorstep.

Will post my letters when compiled.

Good luck all,

Maangov

Sent Today:

10th April 2007

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Claim # xxxxx

I have now obtained judgement (copy enclosed) in the above claim, for £xxxx debt (and interest to date of judgement) plus £xxxx for costs: total £xxxx payable forthwith.

I am writing to inform you clearly that if I have not received payment in full by 4pm Wednesday 18th April, I will file apply for a warrant of execution. This will add considerable costs to the amount payable and may interfere with your ability to obtain credit.

If you wish to discuss the matter I urge you to contact myself without delay as no further warning will be given before enforcement commences.

Yours faithfully,

Regards

MA

Lol indeed. I did ponder over that bit, but i saw it on a few posts so decided to keep it in.

It does feel good to put them under pressure. :D

Regards

MA