BankFodder BankFodder

markmajor

Please Help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4828 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I sent of court forms a while ago and natwests soliciters replied today with a letter with lots of big words:-x .Please can someone tell me what it means.It says as follows.

1 the defence is filed and served without prejudice to the right of and/or to strike out the particulars of claim.2. without prejudice to the non-admission set out in the foregoing paragraph,if and to the extent that the claimant proves the allegation that the defendant debited charges to his bank account,insofar as such charges were debited on a date or dates more than six years prior to the issue of this claim,and remedy in respect of the same,whether damages,restitution or otherwise,is barred by the operation of the limitation act 1980 and/or the doctorine of laches and the defendant will apply to strike out this aspect of the claim and/or for summary judgment.3 The defendant is embarrased by the lack of particularity pleaded in the particulars of claim fail to disclose reasonable grounds for bringing a claim against the defendant .in particular.3.1 The particulars of claim set out no facts indicating what the claim is about,are incoherent and do not disclose any legal reconisable claim against the defendant.4 The defendant invites the claimant to remedy the above.In the event that the claimant fails to do so within 14 days of the service of the defence then the defendant will apply to the court for an order striking out the particulars of claim.Please please help.

Hi

What did your POC say?

Ta

Emma

What does poc mean.

I am sure it the usual rubbish from Cobblers :-x :-x

They really get on my tits.

This thread will explain what to do.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/35672-cobbetts-cpr-18-request.html

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

The letter doesnt state anything about a cpr part 18.Shall i send them that letter.

Thanks for your help.

Guest NATTIE

Mark POC= Particulars of the claim. What you wrote when you started suing NatWest through the courts.

What does poc mean.

Particulars of Claim. Did you use the template POC's from this site? If so, you've nothing to worry about. This is just their standard defence. It's designed to scare you. If they havn't asked for further information or a CPR part 18 request, just acknowledge receipt and send a scherdule of charges.

Thanks very much.I have started abbey national now,fingers crossed.

I got the allocation questionare today from the court which i am going to ssend of tommorrow, is this a good thing.

Just to let you all know that we have recieved an offer from cobbets offering £550 for a £1000 claim to NatWest.We are of course going to turn it down, just a quick bit of advice, can we claim back the court fee and should we of stated this in the last letter we sent them. We could'nt of done it without this website and all the advice we have recieved, and we will donating to this website when we WIN.

The court fee is included automatically in settlement.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Update.Cobbets have offered us half amount of what the claim worth,so awaiting court date.I have started action against abbey national now and have sent the second stage letter,the claim is for £1200 but abbey have offered me a a very funny £60 as a good will gesture He He.Do i need to tell them what to do with their offer as in the accepting it as a part payment letter or do i just start the court action.Or both.Thankyou.