BankFodder BankFodder

gabry

Gabry vs Halifax (Where should I start)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4721 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Everyone just wanted to ask for advice.

I want to get my charges back from Halifax, the amount of it I already know but I am still a bit confused / unsure where to satrt.

All of charges to my account is for a bounced back Direct Debit (As there was not enough funds in my bank account :rolleyes:)

The most frustraiting thing is that I got £39 in each case just for informing me that my direct debit bounced back (where is no overdraft charges as I don't have overdraft). So all of these charges is just for sending an email for me telling that where was not enough funds in account to cover DD.

I feel so cheated as I have to pay my hard earn money for nothing :-x

Please guide me to the right direction where should I start. And make them pay for it :D

Thank You

Hi Gabry

I am new to this site aswell and wondering where on earth do you begin?

Anyhelp would be appreciated

Read the FAQs and the step-by-step guide, then just spend a few days reading the halifax threads, you will start to see a pattern. If you already have your charge amount/statements you need to do your spreadsheet and your prelim letter (which is in the template library) just keep reading as much as possible - all the information you need is here, you just have to put the hours in.

Well guys you have definately come to the right place and you are absolutely right to feel cheated as this money has been taken unlawfully. Firstly you need to have a good read of the FAQs and also read lots of other peoples stories to get a feel for what you will come up against. I know it will seem daunting but you can take comfort from the fact that they have not stood up in court yet to defend these charges. I got back £3385 just before xmas.

Have a look in here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

These are the letters you will need to send to your bank. The first is the Data Protection letter, you just need to add your own details.

Good Luck and keep us all posted.

Worlass2000 please start your own thread as this will make it much easier for you.

TezViper

I give advice not as an expert on law, only as a guy who succesfully claimed back £3385 from The Halifax. Followed by another £2611.

Lloyds TSB settled in full before hearing

Cap One offered full settlement and default removed.

If I help in any way then please donate to the site when you are succesful

Thank You for the advice I will research a little bit more and hopefully by Next week I will send them My first letter.

Just quisk question do I have to send Data Protection Act letter even if I am not asking for statements from them?

I will post my progress here.

Hi - first of all good luck and welcome. Have a look at my thread - jaxads - I'm claiming against the Halifax too. It'll give you an idea of my timescales. Don't worry is the main thing I would say. It's taken me just over a month - and Halifax have offered me the whole lot £2281!!!! I am quite lucky in that I didn't need to go along the court route. If you'd like any specific questions answering, feel free to contact me - I'll try my best to help. jaxads xx

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Thanks jaxads I am a bit scared to take the first step and still unsure will I do everything in right way. Could you tell me to what address my first letter should be send is it my local branch or somewhere else?

Will it be ok if my first letter will be : Preliminary approach for repayment.

Or should I send (Data Protection Act) letter first? :-?

Like I said, most people will tell you to send the Data protection letter even if you already have all your statements as the letter basically asks the bank to tell you if there have been any incidents of manual intervention on your account. When they write back and tell you that there havent been any then you have it in writing from them and they are in fact tlling you that all letters you have recieved have come from an automated system and would only cost pennies as opposed to the £39 they are charging.

But its up to you at the end of the day and whatever you do you will be gettin your money back. :)

Good Luck

TezViper

I give advice not as an expert on law, only as a guy who succesfully claimed back £3385 from The Halifax. Followed by another £2611.

Lloyds TSB settled in full before hearing

Cap One offered full settlement and default removed.

If I help in any way then please donate to the site when you are succesful

gabry, I would back yourself up and send off your Data Protection Act letter for the reasons tezviper has given. I did not need the statements either but send off for them for that reason, if you time it right you can still go ahead with your letters and by the time you file for court you should have received statements and manual intervention letter back. Thats exactly what I did and got paid out this week £5,500.....

This is always handy to keep a check of what you will be coming up against.

Step-By-Step Instructions

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks for advice so I will send Data protection Act letter today or tomorrow.

Thank you.

Could anyone tell me to what address I should send letters.

Is it to head office or local branch?

My statements were sent from

HBOSplc

10 Carlton Street

Halifax

HX1 2AL

All other correspondence was sent to:

Halifax plc

Customer Relations

PO Box 548 Leeds

LS1 1WU

Hope this is of help.

HALIFAX PLC

TRINITY ROAD

HALIFAX

WEST YORKSHIRE

HX1 2RG

This is the one a lot of us use.

F&Q's... Read here

Thank You:)

Could anyone tell me when writing a cheq for halifax for statements.

To whom it should be payeble to i just don't know what towrit on cheque. :confused:

Just address it to HALIFAX

F&Q's... Read here

if you ring them they may send them for nothing, they did with me. worth a call!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Thank You I have sent letter to day we will see what will happen.

Ok one week past and of course still no sign of statements or any other letter from the bank.

Lets see what will happen this week. :)

Gabry, take it slowly and methodically, this way you will be ok. if you rush things you may mess things up. take your time and read up on all the threads for whoever your claiming from.

You will get your money back. i haven't yet but i'm confident of doing so. Good luck :D

:lol::lol::lol:

Today I checked my account and they took £10 for statements. Now I will wait for my stements they still have plenty og time to send it for me.:)

Hi everyone,

short intro, just starting, v nervous, i have two Halifax accounts, both have charged me a fortune over the years. Can they be claimed together or treated separately?

P.S I have read some of the threads and see interest is added on to some claims! Crikey what rate is that.

Hi Everyone

Ok almost three weeks past and I am still waiting for the bank statements.

Could somebody advice if I need to call bank to follow up on it.